Patch Notes - R106 (07/28/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R106!

Black Bolt & Spider-Woman arriving in August!

What’s New
    - Wasp stings Versus! - Story action with The Hulk!

What’s Changed
    - Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up. - Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description. - Only one Power Banner is displayed when multiple countdown tiles from the same power activate simultaneously. - The Alliance Icon now shows an alert you when you receive a Team-up. - Fixed various rare issues in the early stages of the game. - Fixed a bug where players were still sometimes taken to the top of the Rewards Cache. - Loki's
Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.

- Countdown tiles created by Iron Man (Model 40)'s Recharge power now display the correct description.

- Iron Man (Model 40)'s Recharge power now displays a banner when he is on the player's team.

- Countdown tiles created by Brotherhood Subject's Unstable Blasts power now display the correct description.

- The game should no longer crash when playing against certain enemy combinations in Wave Missions.

- Attempted fixes implemented to improve game stability.

- Fixed PC bug: The Power Shift ‘Preview Previous Level’ button now indicates when it is pressed.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Um..."attempted"? Yikes.

Anything about the cascades re-shuffling before you get the AP you planned on getting for that cascade?
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Or Teisatsu placing Attack titles even when stunned?
    Or AI powers/passives (like "Energy Absorption") activating between waves after killing last adversary?
    - Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up.
    This is nice one! Good change.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.

Am I reading this properly that we will no longer be able to see the "4/7 Rewards Earned" that you can only see from the single tap of the mission?

I personally find that little bit of info very valuable.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Black Bolt & Spider-Woman arriving in August!

Hmm, an interesting clue - I wonder if we can decipher it.

What else is "arriving in August"? The Olympics, of course. So we have two characters linked to the Olympics.
    Black, Red, and Yellow all feature in the costumes of the two characters, and are three of the 5 colours in the Olympic Rings. The leftovers are Blue and Green.
    Blue-green deployment is a release technique that reduces downtime & risk by running two identical production environments. At any time, only one of the environments is live/production. So I think we're looking at two characters who share the same identity:

It's gotta be Starhawk! (Stakar and Aleta both inhabit the same body of Starhawk, with only one of them being the dominant identity at a time)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Loki's Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.

Why... is it going too fast right now? Do we need to slow down everything to a crawl with these tinykitty banners ?!?!? icon_evil.gif
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Loki's Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.

Why... is it going too fast right now? Do we need to slow down everything to a crawl with these tinykitty banners ?!?!? icon_evil.gif

No doubt. Its great that Loki quickly steals the AP. Fits his character. Now if they would speed up Hawkeye's Speed Shot again....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    - Only one Power Banner is displayed when multiple countdown tiles from the same power activate simultaneously.

Interesting. As the countdowns are resolved left-to-right, top-to-bottom, if it resolves 2 Recharges followed by an I've Got a Plan followed by another Recharge, will I get 1 or 2 banners for Recharge? I wonder how clever they've been with this.
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Um..."attempted"? Yikes.

Anything about the cascades re-shuffling before you get the AP you planned on getting for that cascade?

I'm currently about to blow my top regarding the crashes. Game is unplayable for me at this point. I can't get through more than 2 fights (rounds? matches?) without a crash.

I noticed the cascade issue yesterday for the first time as well.

Can't wait to not win all these new awesome characters in August!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    What with the new "view any power level at any point" in the last patch and the incoming max power level for champions (great to give away maxed 3* puns as team up), there's been a slew of nice Quality of life improvement. Thanks!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Kojubat wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.

Am I reading this properly that we will no longer be able to see the "4/7 Rewards Earned" that you can only see from the single tap of the mission?

I personally find that little bit of info very valuable.

Yeah, if we're going to lose that info entirely (as opposed to it being shifted to the mission detail screen) this isn't a helpful change. Especially with the new PvE system where points only decline after four clears, this is helpful for being the only way to quickly check the number of clears you have on a fight.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Um..."attempted"? Yikes.
    Not speaking for the developers:

This kind of crashing problem isn't always a single patch fix. Crash causes and likelihood vary with device type, software version, individual settings, device usage, and other factors. If it's not something you can reliably trigger in controlled conditions, you end up just looking for places that might be prone to crashing and releasing it to users to see if the crash rate goes down.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up.

This is a very nice update. Now, we won't have to shift things around, and I mostly only send championed characters as Team-Ups, so this is great.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Loki's Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.
    I think you should display a banner after every match, and if there's no ability info to display, just have it say "This space for rent"
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love this game so much more if they gave us the option to turn off animation and banners altogether. I know it'd ultimately result in everyone turning it off bcs it would put you in a competitive disadvantage, but dear God, I've seen every animation 1000s of times, and there are maybe 5 that I find to be entertaining. I can't name them offhand, but I just assume they all aren't ****. The compromise might be just to limit it to 1x per match? I don't need to see Carnage jump at the screen every time the black passive goes off.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It irritates me that some powers fire quickly and some take forever, and irritates me more that the trend has been to make powers slower rather than quicker.

When a character regenerates every turn, it doesn't need a sound effect, and the process should take a fraction of a second. When Daken loses health to Healing & Heat, it's almost instantaneous. When he or one of the Wolverines gains health passively, the pause is far too long.

When Bullseye creates a protect tile, there's a pause and a banner, but when Spiderman does it, the protect tile just poofs into place.

Blade dropping strike tiles: A+ Luke Cage and Iron Fist dropping their tiles: C- Quicksilver locking tiles: F

Big, splashy, damaging effects deserve attention grabbing animations. Passives that can fire multiple times a turn should not interrupt the flow of the game.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Loki's Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.
    I think you should display a banner after every match, and if there's no ability info to display, just have it say "This space for rent"

That's what all those "Unknown Error" banners are for!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:

This is a great idea. There's something you can say about every match, really.

PURPLE MATCH!

BLUE MATCH!

BUY SOME ISO!

TEAM-UP MATCH!

YOU MISSED THAT MATCH-5 OVER THERE!

YOU SET THE AI UP FOR A CASCADE!

IF YOU'D MATCHED THE GREEN TILES WE'D BE DONE BY NOW!

WE'VE SECRETLY SWITCHED THE AI TEAM-UP WITH GAMMA SIPHON ...

... LET'S SEE IF YOU NOTICE!

STOP PLAYING POKEMON GO!
    (this banner shows up on Pokemon Go)

SCARLET WITCH'S TILE JUST SPAWNED IN THE CORNER!

YOU JUST GOT HIT BY THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN PVP!

X-FORCE WOLVERINE'S LIGHTNING ROUND STARTS NOW!

SOME ISO WOULD SURE HIT THE SPOT RIGHT NOW, WOULDN'T IT?

YOUR SCALING HAS INCREASED MID-MATCH!

JOIN VIP FOR PRIZES THAT ARE LESS USEFUL THAN DDQ REWARDS!

90'S CARTOON WOLVERINE NOW AVAILABLE IN PACKS!

ORANGE MATCH!

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS BANNER: IT'S RAGNAROK'S LIGHTNING ROUND. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INADVERTENT INTEREST WE MAY HAVE MISTAKENLY GENERATED.

YOU DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BEWILDER TILE, DID YOU? PAY MORE ATTENTION!

ARE YOU REALLY SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY SOME ISO?

IGNORE THAT POKEMON GO PUSH NOTIFICATION!

PINK MATCH!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up.

This is a very nice update. Now, we won't have to shift things around, and I mostly only send championed characters as Team-Ups, so this is great.

I prefer my OBW tu's to be at 3 so they're cheaper, but other than that one case I can't think of another where you don't want it at 5.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    jokesonu_zpsu3wweril.png

Apparently mi hermano de otra madre Senor Stax didn't get the memo: MPQ is looking to break into the "Golden years" market as they see great potential for growth and increased sales. Obviously someone on the development team was concerned that with all the flashing lights and awesomeness that happens on screen, some MPQ players might get confused or even forgetful of what move they just selected.

With this new shift in target audience you can expect Old Man Rogers and Classic Aunt May to be appearing in-game as playabable characters sometime "soon". (and yes, this is a joke. If only we had a banner for that lol) icon_mrgreen.gif
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Is there something new on the "to be done" list? I miss some new features... we have over 100 covers and their potential is being wasted - not enough ISO to upgrade them, not enough features to use them...
    I really hope for something new... something different than new characters.