Patch Notes - R106 (07/28/16)

Comments

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    How about a fix for the insane story mode difficulty scaling?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    In these daily patches it would be great if you could fix the missing seed teams from PVP and also fix Nova so he recognizes OML black strike tiles as friendly black right away and converts to airborn. It is getting frustrating with how long both of these issues have been going on.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!

- Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.

so far, I am disliking this. sometimes I just want to select the node just to see how many times I have cleared it. now, I have to click the node, and then exit it to see it.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm glad the information is still there but for the moment that feels like an unnecessary click being added.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!

so far, I am disliking this. sometimes I just want to select the node just to see how many times I have cleared it. now, I have to click the node, and then exit it to see it.

When you click in the node it tells you that exact info above the play mission button. No need to click out.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, nobody is going to mention the glaring ui change that seems to indicate a big, new feature coming.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    It irritates me that some powers fire quickly and some take forever, and irritates me more that the trend has been to make powers slower rather than quicker.

When a character regenerates every turn, it doesn't need a sound effect, and the process should take a fraction of a second. When Daken loses health to Healing & Heat, it's almost instantaneous. When he or one of the Wolverines gains health passively, the pause is far too long.

When Bullseye creates a protect tile, there's a pause and a banner, but when Spiderman does it, the protect tile just poofs into place.

Blade dropping strike tiles: A+ Luke Cage and Iron Fist dropping their tiles: C- Quicksilver locking tiles: F

Big, splashy, damaging effects deserve attention grabbing animations. Passives that can fire multiple times a turn should not interrupt the flow of the game.

When I'm trying to be fast in PvP, I actually hate OML's healing passive because it takes time every turn...

Also, Black Suit Spidey's upgraded blue, while cool looking, is probably one of the longest animations in the game (citation needed). It feels like it takes as long as Pyro's Flamethrower, which doesn't even have an animation to justify taking as long as it does.

Love the TU change, now I can send out my 3/5/5 Cage without having to respec just to send! Also, when are you going to fix the bug of damage showing before your power even fires? Or Hawkeye's Speed Shot being the polar opposite of speedy? Or the mistimed board shuffles that end turns when they shouldn't? Or fix 4Pun or Nova?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!

- Only one Power Banner is displayed when multiple countdown tiles from the same power activate simultaneously.

Hopefully this applies to DPX's purple. That one goes off surprisingly slowly, especially when the CD tiles are unmatched.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, nobody is going to mention the glaring ui change that seems to indicate a big, new feature coming.
    Seriously. Kind of jumps right out at you. Hopefully we don't have to wait until the next patch to see it.
  • Aspect
    Aspect Posts: 1
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!

This thing at current state is worse then it was before update, you can't easy and fast jump through all nodes by clicking on then to see how many times you did them.. I think if you want to keep this new feature you shoud add tracking on mission map: just wrire below nodes numbers of how many times player finished them ( [0/7] , [4/7], [0/1] for example). This will REALLY help people to novegate faster and easier, 'cause you can just look on the map and decide where you want to go next.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speed shot is fast again! The whole match felt faster tbh.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    We need one last Quality of Use improvement, urgently.

Allow for multi-select roster/delete. How hard can that be.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

But, why?

Now I have to click every mission and then exit it to see how many clears I already have. Very irritating.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

It took me a while to recover from the confusion of 'where'd the resupply button go' to realize that it just shrunk and a whole lot of real estate just showed up.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      - Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up.

Is this really working as intended? All teamups I've received (the championed characters) are at power level 2 (two covers in the color/power) ?!?! How's that possible?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What’s Changed

This is not a good change IMHO.....we've been conditioned to do something for over 2 1/2 years, and now you change it? I'm assuming to make less clicks for us, but I dunno....I just don't like it at all.....
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What’s Changed

This is not a good change IMHO.....we've been conditioned to do something for over 2 1/2 years, and now you change it? I'm assuming to make less clicks for us, but I dunno....I just don't like it at all.....

The change would be fine if the amount of clears completed per node were indicated without having to click into that node.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Loki's Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.

I think you should display a banner after every match, and if there's no ability info to display, just have it say "This space for rent"

This is a great idea. There's something you can say about every match, really.

PURPLE MATCH!

BLUE MATCH!

BUY SOME ISO!

TEAM-UP MATCH!

YOU MISSED THAT MATCH-5 OVER THERE!

YOU SET THE AI UP FOR A CASCADE!

IF YOU'D MATCHED THE GREEN TILES WE'D BE DONE BY NOW!

WE'VE SECRETLY SWITCHED THE AI TEAM-UP WITH GAMMA SIPHON ...

... LET'S SEE IF YOU NOTICE!

This sums up my thoughts perfectly - what's with Demiurge's sudden obsession with banners? Is there someone working in the banner department desperately trying to justify his/her value to the company??

If the intention is to help explain the game to new players, I'm not sure having dialogue boxes whizzing all over the screen is the best way to do it. It's the equivalent of continually shoving the Highway Code in the face of learner drivers when they first get behind the wheel of a car! Let people learn as the game progresses - it really isn't that difficult! Maybe we could have a dedicated section of the game reserved just for new players, where they could learn the gameplay basics (with banners) before letting them go into a live environment (without banners) to mix with seasoned players? You could call it, oh I don't know, something like 'Prologue' maybe? icon_rolleyes.gif

If you were to ask new players their reasons for quitting the game so quickly these days, I'm pretty sure none of them would give "not enough banners" as the reason....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:

But, why?

Now I have to click every mission and then exit it to see how many clears I already have. Very irritating.
    There is a rich and long history of UI "enhancements" that do nothing but irritate us...
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Might Just be me, but has anyone noticed that Nova's Rocket Man damage has been reduced by half? Or that Punisher Max's Punish does no damage at all and only places the strike tiles? Please comment if anyone else has noticed. Maybe this is a bug due to the new patch.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    But, why?
    When you click in the node it tells you that exact info above the play mission button. No need to click out.