Why won't people Champion Prof X

13»

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    SW, IF, and SS also works. It takes slightly longer to get going, but it benefits from 5* match damage and health.
    how does that work? all based on singularities? I have 5 in black but its really expensive for what it does
    Yeah.
    -SW generates purple -> IF purple -> Singularities.
    -Singularities generate AP (which is mostly black & pink due to SW/IF. It's not hard to have 4 singularities out on the board at a time.
    -AP gen is further accelerated by SS blue & red, which is turning a handful of those black/pink tiles into charged tiles worth x3 AP

...Now, the singlarities fire at the beginning of the turn, so you do sometimes have to allow the AI to get a turn off. But for level 470 goons (especially symbiotes since you are eating up CD and special tiles), it's better than PX/SW/GSBW in my opinion.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    winfinite is useless in PVP which is what I mostly play now. PVE I do not need winfinite as I have OML covered well and IM40+iceman works far better.

After about 4 seasons of not using winfinite I tried it again and it was slow and annoying to use. I am currently championing my PROFX now and happy about it. I love using him with OML and iceman at 5/5/3 until I can change him to 3/5/5. Once I get his invis out the game just rapidly ends.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    As far as I know, the only viable winfinite team left is what is known as the "Charlie's Angles" team.
    It's Prof X, Scarlet Witch, & GSBW.

CMagneto/GSBW/MoStorm
    CMagneto/MoStorm/Loki
    Shehulk/GSBW/MoStorm
    Cmagneto/Loki/Xforce W

Quake and KK also work, just sub in accordingly. These teams don't have the automatic burst that ProfX provides, and your goal is to generate AP through cascades rather than crits. IE you would use GSBW's Pink to clear rows/columns instead of an L-shaped 5 way. You want to grab as many colors as possible. You don't have Scarlet Witch for the acceleration so it's slower to start, but rarely fails once you have enough AP to get going. You also don't get blocked as much if you're using a variation without GSBW. I'm trying to find a similar team with CHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfrYlJoHKio Posted once again.

My favorite is CMagneto/MoStorm/Loki. Damage is lacking, but it's entertaining to watch 20+ abilities being chained back to back. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU, AI???!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    He knows what he did.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:

My favorite is CMagneto/MoStorm/Loki. Damage is lacking, but it's entertaining to watch 20+ abilities being chained back to back. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU, AI???!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

I'm watching that video and two things jump out at me (other than the fact that there's a ton of times there where the AI gets a turn, which is kind of against the point of winfinite).

First, why does he use 2AP boost of each instead of of using doing +2 all AP? The second, and it's kinda related, is why does he never use Storm's yellow (and I say it's kinda related because he probably doesn't use it because he has no team-ups and therefore no use of the AP, but even still it could create cascades)?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Ruinate wrote:

I'm watching that video and two things jump out at me (other than the fact that there's a ton of times there where the AI gets a turn, which is kind of against the point of winfinite).

First, why does he use 2AP boost of each instead of of using doing +2 all AP? The second, and it's kinda related, is why does he never use Storm's yellow (and I say it's kinda related because he probably doesn't use it because he has no team-ups and therefore no use of the AP, but even still it could create cascades)?

Didn't watch the video, but I feel Magneto's red does more damage with destroying all the team ups, right?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:

My highest level at the time was 207 and AI was 325. Community scaling was on They also have Bullseye so a huge source of my damage (cascades) are mitigated to only 1. This is a really longggggggg match. If they didn't have a Bullseye, the matches would be shorter and I wouldnt have needed to give a turn. I only give up 3 turns in ~8 minutes. Not only that, every time I gave a turn, I still had AP to keep going. I just wanted the extra layer of safety so I gave a turn when it wouldn't matter. Running out of gas when it does matter sucks. You don't do this while using Winfinite?

The answer to your second paragraph is simple. +All costs HP. I was a 3* player at the time and HP was more precious to me than ISO. I didn't use Storm's yellow not because I didn't have a teamup to use, but because of Magneto's Red. I don't ever use team ups outside of baking anyways.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:

Didn't watch the video, but I feel Magneto's red does more damage with destroying all the team ups, right?

It does, but there's a few times where he ends the turn with not enough red AP for Mags but more than enough yellow for Storm.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i have him champed at 297, only reason is cause i kept getting a ton of covers for him and happen to have the iso to take him from 220 to 270.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 4* transition, it was an invaluable tool, and being lucky enough to get 5 in Master Plan early in my 4* transition, i rode it's coat tails through many a Gauntlet, hard pve nodes and shield hops.
    With the championed 4*s now at my disposal, i can deal with most things thrown at me, so the run outs they get are less frequent, and the reason for not levelling him shifts to iso priorities. One day, maybe.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I have him champed, I use him with my 1/3/0 OML. Will be better if I ever get a red OML cover, but once OML is transformed using his black or yellow means Prof X creates tiles ready for another use of black, so you don't run out.

I find it quite fun, just need a decent character to aid Prof X's match-5's to go with them.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Banjo wrote:
    I have him champed, I use him with my 1/3/0 OML. Will be better if I ever get a red OML cover, but once OML is transformed using his black or yellow means Prof X creates tiles ready for another use of black, so you don't run out.

I find it quite fun, just need a decent character to aid Prof X's match-5's to go with them.

I agree and use Devil Dinosaur with that pair often. At only 3AP for DD's purple, the special tiles fill the board quickly.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm working on my 4th PX. He'd have 3 blues, if I didn't swap my highest to 355 and swap it back. I also have a 360 OML and he works great with px/qs. Match 5s generate black bc of OML and the crits do great damage because of OML's match damage. I like my PXs at 535, but my 4th will be 550.

I like being able to play as much as I want, when I want, without having to worry about health packs.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Chipster22 wrote:
    Banjo wrote:

I agree and use Devil Dinosaur with that pair often. At only 3AP for DD's purple, the special tiles fill the board quickly.
    Throw SL in... With his yellow on the board, DD purple is 1 AP, lol... Shenanigans!