Which new characters would you like to see added?

Options

Comments

• More X-Men and the Fantastic 4 would be great. We need to be able to run a wider range of tournaments, and X-Men is the obvious choice.

Hulk also needs to happen, preferably at 3*. It might be fun to have a 2* Bruce Banner version that temporarily transforms into the Hulk (draining Green AP but substantially increasing tile-matching damage dealt, Hulk Smash!) when not in Hulk from Bruce could use science to solve problems (mess with enemy controlled tiles) or maybe transform tiles into different colours. The trick is doing this while still making him useful - Loki is a really poor 3*, and needs some love as well.

Silver Surfer would be great and Galactus would make an hilarious 4*.

More 1* star heroes (and maybe a 2* or two) available in the regular store would be great, this would also tempt people to increase their collection size further, so I think that it would be good for business. I'm reaching the point where there is no purpose in my using regular recruit tokens or spending ISO-8 there, and I'm sure that others will reach that point soon. Ideally a couple of 1* X-men so that we can have that tournament and everyone can play in it.
  • I would say Henry Pym, but the current precedent is different star quality for different costume, and we don't have enough qualities for ant man, goliath, giant man, yellowjacket, wasp, et cetera.

Probably best to keep my expectations low and figure on an Iron Man, Inventor of Ultron card with the new movie.
  • I would say Henry Pym, but the current precedent is different star quality for different costume, and we don't have enough qualities for ant man, goliath, giant man, yellowjacket, wasp, et cetera.

I think there are enough stars to handle Hank Pym, you have a good idea icon_e_smile.gif

Ant-Man = 1*
    Yellowjacket = 2*
    Giant-Man or Goliath = 3* (don't need both)

Wasp can be her own 1* cover.
  • We are lacking 1-star characters in this game, so here are some suggestions for 1-stars that could be added that might be useful without being annoyingly OP or totally worthless:

Rogue (Modern)
    1-Star
    Health - on par with, or slightly lower than, 1-star Black Widow (very squishy support)
    Abilities: 3
    Max level cap: 50
    Primary colors: 1.) Green, 2.) Yellow, 3.) Black

Green -
    Steal Breath
    Cost: 10 AP
    Level 1: Steal 2 Blue AP from your opponent
    Level 2: Steal 3 Blue AP from your opponent
    Level 3: Steal 4 Blue AP from your opponent. Stuns current target for 1 turn.
    Level 4: Steal 5 Blue from your opponent. Stuns current target for 1 turn.
    Level 5: Steal 5 blue from your opponent. Stuns current target for 2 turns.

Yellow -
    Steal Power
    Cost: 12 AP
    Level 1: Take control of up to 1 enemy strike tile or protect tile.
    Level 2: Take control of any combination of up to 2 enemy strike tiles or protect tiles. (e.g. 1 strike tile & 1 protect tile, or 2 strike tiles, or 2 protect tiles)
    Level 3: Take control of any combination of up to 3 enemy strike tiles, protect tiles, or attack tiles.
    Level 4: Take control of any combination of up to 4 enemy strike tiles or attack tiles.
    Level 5: Take control of any combination of up to 5 enemy strike tiles or attack tiles. You may also take control of one enemy countdown tile but must add 2 to the countdown.

Black -
    Steal Life
    Cost: 12 AP
    Level 1: Create a 3-turn countdown tile. When the countdown tile hits zero, your opponent loses 2 of each AP. You do not gain any AP.
    Level 2: Costs 1 less AP. When the countdown tile hits zero, your opponent loses 3 of each AP. You do not gain any AP.
    Level 3: When the countdown tile hits zero, your opponent loses 4 of each AP. Rogue is stunned for 1 turn. You do not gain any AP.
    Level 4: Costs 1 less AP. When the countdown tile hits zero, your opponent loses 4 of each AP. Rogue is stunned for 2 turns. You do not gain any AP.
    Level 5: Reduce countdown to 2. When the countdown tile hits zero, your opponent loses ALL AP. Rogue is stunned for 3 turns. You do not gain any AP.

Kitty Pryde (Modern)
    1-Star
    Health - on par with, or slightly lower than, 1-star Black Widow (very squishy support)
    Abilities: 2
    Max level cap: 40
    Primary colors: 1.) Blue, 2.) Purple, 3.) Black

Blue -
    Phase Shift
    Cost: 8 AP
    Level 1: Kitty places a 3-turn purple countdown tile on the board. When the countdown expires, the tile explodes, dealing 50 damage to the current target and stunning Kitty for 2 turns. Kitty cannot be targeted while she is stunned for those 2 turns.
    Level 2: Does 75 damage.
    Level 3: Does 100 damage. Costs 1 less AP.
    Level 4: Does 150 damage. Kitty is stunned for 3 turns. She cannot be targeted while she is stunned for those 3 turns.
    Level 5: Does 200 damage. Costs 1 less AP. Reduce countdown to 2 turns. Kitty is stunned for 3 turns. She cannot be targeted while she is stunned for those 3 turns.

Purple -
    Phase Shield
    Level 1: Kitty generates 3 yellow AP. She stuns one of her teammates for 1 turn. Her stunned teammate cannot be targeted for that turn.
    Level 2: Kitty generates 4 yellow AP.
    Level 3: Kitty generates 5 yellow AP. She stuns one of her teammates for 2 turns. Her stunned teammate cannot be targeted for that turn. While stunned, her teammate regenerates 100 health per turn.
    Level 4: Kitty also stuns the currently targeted enemy character for one turn. That enemy character cannot be targeted for one turn.
    Level 5: Kitty generates 6 yellow AP. She stuns herself and one of her teammates for 3 turns. Neither she nor her stunned teammate can be targeted for those turns. While stunned, Kitty and her teammates regenerate 150 health per turn. Also, Kitty stuns the currently targeted enemy character for 3 turns. That enemy character cannot be targeted for 3 turns.

Sunspot (Modern)
    1-Star
    Health – slightly lower than 1-star Iron Man, decently tanky when fully leveled
    Primary colors: 1.) Yellow, 2.) Black, 3.) Red

Yellow –
    Corona
    Cost: 0 AP (Passive)
    Level 1: As long as you have 10 yellow AP, Sunspot generates 1 of every color AP (except yellow and black) at the start of your turn.
    Level 2: Sunspot generates AP as long as you have 9 yellow AP.
    Level 3: Sunspot also generates 1 yellow AP per turn.
    Level 4: Sunspot generates AP as long as you have 8 yellow AP.
    Level 5: Sunspot generates 1 of every color AP (including yellow and black).

Black -
    Solar Blast
    Cost: 8 AP
    Level 1: Select one tile on the board. Sunspot absorbs solar energy, blasting that tile to deal normal damage. Does not generate AP.
    Level 1: Select two tiles on the board. Sunspot absorbs solar energy, blasting those tiles to deal normal damage. Does not generate AP.
    Level 3: Select one tile on the board. Sunspot blasts a 3x3 square border *around* that tile (but does not destroy the selected tile). Deals normal damage. Does not generate AP.
    Level 4: Select one tile on the board. Sunspot blasts a 4x4 square border *around* that tile (but does not destroy the selected tile). Deals normal damage. Does not generate AP.
    Level 3: Select one tile on the board. Sunspot blasts a 5x5 square border *around* that tile (but does not destroy the selected tile). Deals normal damage. Does not generate AP.

Beast (Modern)
    1-Star
    Health – on par with Venom, somewhat tanky
    Primary colors: 1.) Blue, 2.) Yellow, 3.) Green

Blue -
    Brilliant Deduction
    Cost: 9 AP
    Level 1: Pick any basic tile on the board. Hank changes it to a basic blue tile. If this tile causes a match, the first match does not generate AP, but any subsequent matches do.
    Level 2: Pick any two basic tiles on the board. Hank changes them to basic blue tiles. If these tiles cause a match, the first match does not generate AP, but any subsequent matches do.
    Level 3: Costs 1 less AP.
    Level 4: Pick any 3 basic tiles on the board a row or column of 3. Hank changes them to basic blue tiles. Matching these 3 tiles does not generate AP, but any subsequent matches do.
    Level 5: Costs 1 less AP. Pick any 4 basic tiles on the board a row or column of 4. Hank changes them to basic blue tiles. Matching these 4 tiles does not generate AP, but any subsequent matches do.

Yellow –
    Superhuman Leap
    Level 1: Hank smashes 2 random basic yellow tiles on the board, dealing 2x their normal damage. Does not generate AP. Cannot be used if there are no basic yellow tiles on the board.
    Level 2: Hank smashes 3 random basic yellow tiles on the board, dealing 2x their normal damage. Does not generate AP. Cannot be used if there are no basic yellow tiles on the board.
    Level 3: Costs 1 less AP. Cannot be used if there are no basic yellow tiles on the board.
    Level 4: Hank smashes 4 random basic yellow tiles on the board, dealing 2x their normal damage. Does not generate AP. Cannot be used if there are no basic yellow tiles on the board.
    Level 5: Costs 1 less AP. Hank smashes 5 random basic yellow tiles on the board, dealing 2x their normal damage. Does not generate AP. Cannot be used if there are no basic yellow tiles on the board.

Cloak & Dagger (Modern)
    1-Star
    Health – on par with 1-Star Hawkeye (relatively squishy, but there *are* two of them after all icon_e_wink.gif )
    Primary colors: 1.) Yellow, 2.) Black, 3.) Red

Yellow –
    Light Dagger
    Cost: 6 AP
    Level 1: Deal 50 damage to the current target.
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Deal 100 damage to the current target.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Deal 150 damage to the current target.

Black -
    Dark Hunger
    Cost: 0 AP (passive)
    Level 1: As long as you have 9 or more red AP, all enemy team members lose 5 health per turn.
    Level 2: As long as you have 10 or more red AP, all enemy team members lose 8 health per turn.
    Level 3: As long as you have 11 or more red AP, all enemy team members lose 10 health per turn.
    Level 4: As long as you have 12 or more red AP, all enemy team members lose 15 health per turn.
    Level 5: As long as you have 12 or more red AP, all enemy team members lose 25 health per turn.
  • We currently have:

Daken and 2 wolverines
    Venom and 2 spider-mans
    Yelena Belova and 2 black widows
    Bullseye and 2 hawkeyes
    _______ and 2 iron mans
    Moonstone and 2 __________

Clearly we need an Iron Patriot and 2x carol danvers
  • My list mostly consists of X-men, because I am most familiar with them icon_e_smile.gif

Nightcrawler, Rogue, Colossus, Gambit, Hulk, Sunfire, She-Hulk and many others, but let's concentrate on just chip l couple for now
  • Every day this game is without Howard the Duck is a lost opportunity.

I have a soft spot for the 70s and 80s, so the classic Defenders lineup (Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Doctor Strange, Hellcat) comes to mind. Power Man and Iron Fist (and with the way Luke Cage has been promoted in recent years, hard to imagine he won't arrive soon). The West Coast Avengers -- Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Tigra, Moon Knight, Doctor Pym.

And lord knows we need some oddball groups like the Headmen, Nextwave, the Agents of Atlas and the X-Statix.
  • I think that some Non-Superhero characters could be fun...

Agent Coulson and Maria Hill anyone? They might end up sucking for health, but they could be great buff-ers with all of the S.HI.E.L.D. tech they could use!

My top 3 Heros:
    Bishop
    Magik
    Deadpool

My top 3 Villains:
    Mr. Sinister
    Carnage
    Omega Red
  • All of the above! Lots of great suggestions in this thread.

Top of my list would be the Hulk.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Runaways and Young Avengers....

;_;
  • To name a few

Iconic Marvel Characters
    Hulk
    Daredevil
    Silver Surfer
    Dr Strange

Avengers
    She Hulk
    Black Panther
    Antman
    Wasp
    Vison

Fantstic Four
    Mr Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    Human Torch
    Thing

X-Men
    Phoenix
    Cyclops
    Nightcrawler
    Collosus
    Beast
    Charles Xavier
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every day this game is without Howard the Duck is a lost opportunity.

I have a soft spot for the 70s and 80s, so the classic Defenders lineup (Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Doctor Strange, Hellcat) comes to mind. Power Man and Iron Fist (and with the way Luke Cage has been promoted in recent years, hard to imagine he won't arrive soon). The West Coast Avengers -- Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Tigra, Moon Knight, Doctor Pym.

And lord knows we need some oddball groups like the Headmen, Nextwave, the Agents of Atlas and the X-Statix.

Two words: Devil. Dinosaur.

They could even add a 4-star villainous Devil Dinosaur in an ascot, as seen in Nextwave!

Another idea that could be amazing: MODOK.

And one they're more likely to do any day now:

Captain Marvel (Marvel Now!)

This also allows variants - old school Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird...

It's really strange to have the Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel faker, but ignore the character she's copying.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A four-star Dormammu cover is a must! (And a one-star Dr. Strange cover, so I can easily crush him.)
  • HULK!!!!

Charles X and Deadpool would be mega!!!
  • By my count, there are currently 15 heroes and 11 villains (counting Marvel Now! Magneto as a hero):

Heroes:
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Iron Man (Model 40)
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    Captain America (Modern)
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Storm (Classic)
    Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    Black Widow (Modern)
    Hawkeye (Classic)
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Storm (Modern)

Villains:
    Doctor Doom (Classic)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)
    The Hood (Classic)
    Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye)
    Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)
    Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel)
    Juggernaut (Classic)
    Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man)
    Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow)

Also, with the obvious exception of Ragnarok, and maybe 3-star Magneto, and maybe kinda-sorta Daken and Venom, the villains are, shall we say...not quiiiiite as good as the heroes.

To add variety, I would suggest adding decently powerful versions of White Queen, Sub-Mariner, Winter Soldier, Mystique, and whichever version of Norman Osborn (though I'm sure some version of Osborn must be coming).
  • Professor X ***

Blue Passive - "Telepathic Dominance" (there's bound to be a better name)
    While there are N blue tiles on the board, opponent abilities require X additional AP to activate.

Adjust N and X for balance as the power is levelled up.

Could be a counter to Ragnarok and Spidey low AP abilities.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Professor X ***

Blue Passive - "Telepathic Dominance" (there's bound to be a better name)
    While there are N blue tiles on the board, opponent abilities require X additional AP to activate.

Adjust N and X for balance as the power is levelled up.

Could be a counter to Ragnarok and Spidey low AP abilities.

I think if the devs wanted to make an absolutely hateable character, even more annoying than passive-spammers like Daken and Bullseye, it would be a character that adds +X (+1, +2, etc.) to any/all enemy AP costs. Man alive would that be annoying.

I could see that in place for a PVE-style boss, like an Apocalypse or something though.
  • icon_lol.gif

I think it could be balanced to be not too annoying. Probably +3 AP max, which is only one extra match. Keep his health low compared to other characters of his level (this is Prof. X in a wheelchair).

To counter him you'd just take someone who naturally wants blue AP, to reduce number of tiles below the threshold. The dynamic between him and Magneto would be nice, and character appropriate. And like C.Storm, you'd want to attack him first, likely.

Of course, it'd be really annoying when I didn't have him, and the other player had him with maxed ragnarok. I'd skip that fight icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'd like to see:

Mufasa
    Raphael
    and Peter Griffin.

Doubt that it'll ever happen though.