Are people still getting Bagman covers?

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
My signature has my roster that I update occasionally. I haven't updated it in 3 weeks and I noticed that I haven't gotten a single Bagman cover in that entire time. For comparison, I've received 25 2* Bullseye covers and 20 2* Torch covers. Yeah, some of those were probably progression rewards, but come on, that's a huge difference. I get to 1300 in every PvP and play plenty of lightning rounds, so I should be getting at least a few of them a week.

So are others still getting covers and I'm just some bizarre statistical anomaly?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think bagman can only drop via a pvp match.

i.e. you should never pull bagman out of a heroic, event, or standard token
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    I got 5 Bagmans in the last 3 events (sold all 5)!
  • Orion
    Phumade wrote:
    I think bagman can only drop via a pvp match.

i.e. you should never pull bagman out of a heroic, event, or standard token

Yes, I know. I play tons of PvP and get lots of 2* rewards and none of them have been Bagman. I used to get at least a couple a week, but it's been almost a month since my last one. Very odd.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get them now and then. I'm working on a champion Bag-man, so I am grateful for each one.
  • Orion
    Quebbster wrote:
    I get them now and then. I'm working on a champion Bag-man, so I am grateful for each one.

Me too, and mine is stuck at 108. Not really a big deal, I was just curious.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten 5 in the last three weeks. Seems like they drop slightly less than other 2* covers in LR and PVP events.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah the Bag Man seems to be making fewer and fewer appearances. Maybe, because of this forum post, they'll increase his odds of popping up again.....for once I'd really like to see more of him! I want that max champion bag head!!!!
  • Orion
    Nellyson wrote:
    Yeah the Bag Man seems to be making fewer and fewer appearances. Maybe, because of this forum post, they'll increase his odds of popping up again.....for once I'd really like to see more of him! I want that max champion bag head!!!!

Yeah, that's what I was figuring too. Either I'll never see another Bagman cover again, or I'll get 10 of them tomorrow during the Lightning rounds.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get an average of 2 per PvP event.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I received a half dozen in the last two weeks, with one in a Lightning Round today.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally rostered a bagman last week and decided I'd go ahead and start using his covers and level him.

Haven't seen another cover in seven days.
  • Orion
    Orion wrote:
    Nellyson wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was figuring too. Either I'll never see another Bagman cover again, or I'll get 10 of them tomorrow during the Lightning rounds.

Apparently my plan worked because I got a Bagman cover last night.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I finally rostered a bagman last week and decided I'd go ahead and start using his covers and level him.

Haven't seen another cover in seven days.

I did the same thing, I've gotten 3 in about a week. Pretty sure they all came from Shield Sim.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't gotten one in a while, but I'm not too worried about it. I have him at lv 95 now.. he'll get more eventually.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I read somewhere that someone mentioned that the drop list is (at least partially) based on the roster of the person you are fighting? If that person has a bag-man in their roster, it'll show up as a potential drop? Not sure if that's the case, but I've never sat and stared at all the covers as they rotate by in the reward section when looking at a potential opponent. I'll do that next time, look at their roster and then see if he scrolls across as a potential reward.

I've only received my 2nd one this week in over a month or two.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I got a Bagman late last night before I went to bed. I think it was a lightning round but it could have been Stay on Target.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I thought I read somewhere that someone mentioned that the drop list is (at least partially) based on the roster of the person you are fighting? If that person has a bag-man in their roster, it'll show up as a potential drop? Not sure if that's the case, but I've never sat and stared at all the covers as they rotate by in the reward section when looking at a potential opponent. I'll do that next time, look at their roster and then see if he scrolls across as a potential reward.

I've only received my 2nd one this week in over a month or two.
    I suspect this is inaccurate since you can get 2* drops from seed teams.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm getting them. but man its slow. mine is up to 3/2/2 but only added 2 the last 4 weeks. all 2* drops have been super slow for me, now that I'm chasing them all to finish the bottom and cycle the max-champs I have.
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I haven't seen a Bagman cover in months...

I had only 1 Bagman drop since the "Champion" feature was added (and unfortunately, it wasn't the final yellow Bagman I needed in order to champion him).
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I've only gotten one, each of the last two weeks. Finally have him fully covered, so I can start championing him soon.