Patch Notes - R105 (07/18/16)

Options
124»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just personal preference but I preferred the old scroll system. On a mobile device it's not very intuitive. I have started looking at my roster in the train up menu as it's better organised.

Also why are all my characters randomly arranged? They used to be arranged by level now I have a level 283 imhb above a level 300 oml? Doenst make sense
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also why are all my characters randomly arranged? They used to be arranged by level now I have a level 283 imhb above a level 300 oml? Doenst make sense
    The order goes from bottom left to top, bottom, top, bottom etc.
    It's correct, but it's anything but intuitive.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just personal preference but I preferred the old scroll system. On a mobile device it's not very intuitive. I have started looking at my roster in the train up menu as it's better organised.

It's organized vertically instead of horizontally now. The first column has the "get a new roster slot" Button at the top, then your highest level character is below it. The second column has your second and third highest level character and so on.
    In short it's not random and you'll probably get used to it eventually.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    *sigh*
    I am not against changing the pages to a scroll bar for roster, however I am quite against not allowing me to use my mouse wheel to scroll on the PC -_-

either bring back the pages or let me scroll with my mouse, I don't want to have to drag a bar or repeatedly drag my roster around to get from one side of my roster to the other.

with 94 characters in my roster it's not nearly as easy to get to a character in the middle as it was before on PC.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Come on folks. Why do you even try to use the scroll bar? You should be only using that first page of characters anyway right?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    Come on folks. Why do you even try to use the scroll bar? You should be only using that first page of characters anyway right?
    I need a hack to get SW, Fist and IM40 on the first page, then I'm all set...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the roster screen setup. The scrolling works for cell phones, but I can see the problem with PC and dragging the slider bar with the mouse... do the arrows work on the keyboard?

I'm not sure what other way of organizing the characters you would use aside from bottom, top, bottom, top, etc. We've been accustomed to it being sorted (among a multitude of other odd sorting criteria) by the strongest characters first.

This would be a cool time to add sort features. Sort by rarity, sort by level, sort alphabetically, and then flip the direction of the sort.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the new update! It's funny because I had actually wanted the ability to see how power color levels would be affected with changes. I had never requested it out loud, but it seems they discovered the request inside my head lol.

And I like the horizontal scroll of all the characters. I hadn't requested that, but I think it works very quickly and smoothly. With all the characters I have, it makes it easy to get to the one I want.

Very good job. I look forward to further nice updates like this one.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not really a bug but more like an oversight: the "preview power level" functionality doesn't show increase/decrease in cost of power for powers that have different AP costs based on cover level, such as Aggressive Recon.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dislike slider.

Give me an option to toggle between old/new in options menu = everyone will be happy.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It took the developers over 2 years to have a scrollable roster for a mobile game.

Over 2 years.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't see a scrollable roster as a big quality of life improvement. You only need to look at the roster page when you want to stroke your ego about how awesome your roster is.

What needs urgent improvement is the team selection page. Right now I have 103 unique characters and the ability to see only 8 characters at any one time on that page. To find a character that I want to use lets say IM40, I need 5 presses to get to him and select him (6 presses to fist and 8 to SW). It is very easy to overshoot or to miss a character visually.

Possible suggestions could include increasing the number of rows (this is Steam btw) on that page, or maybe allowing us to save our favourite team combinations.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    It took the developers over 2 years to have a scrollable roster for a mobile game.

Over 2 years.
    i still cant save favorite teams and have to select them individually.
    i still cant sort my roster by "played most games".
    i still cant group my cover queue by tiers to sell.

over 2 years and running.
    (but hey! after the champion and respec feature its nice to know how a power changes with levels. also, it doesnt crash anymore.)