Patch Notes - R105 (07/18/16)

Options

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All good news. Being able to see what powers will do is a great change, particularly since they scale non-linearly at 5. I've spent too much time on the wiki trying to figure whether I might like a character later on. Not that the wiki is bad, just it makes more sense to be able to look at that in the game itself.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am so, so, so, so, so glad to see the Venom nerf. I can live with a 1* doing 6k+ Devours, I just don't like that he has a very cheap full team stun. I'm sure everyone has experienced Symbiote Snare>Unstoppable Crash>Headbutt>Symbiote Snare>...... more than enough times in their lives, it's about damn time that gets fixed.

I hope the Nova fix is coming soon though... I've stopped even trying to use him while he's broken icon_e_sad.gif
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    - Reworked Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Symbiote Snare power. Lower levels of the power require Web tiles to be on the board to activate the power. Each power level reduces this requirement until it reaches 0. The power no longer stuns the entire opposing team at Power Level 5.

Why did you make this change? What was honestly so bad about the power before that it had to be nerfed in such a way? The ability to stun the entire team at power 5 was the big perk of this power, now it's virtually useless. And if the lower levels require web tiles, how do you fire the power at all if you go into a fight alone with no other web tile creators? Venom can't create them on his own. You've basically made this character more useless without giving a reason.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    - Reworked Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Symbiote Snare power. Lower levels of the power require Web tiles to be on the board to activate the power. Each power level reduces this requirement until it reaches 0. The power no longer stuns the entire opposing team at Power Level 5.

Why did you make this change? What was honestly so bad about the power before that it had to be nerfed in such a way? The ability to stun the entire team at power 5 was the big perk of this power, now it's virtually useless. And if the lower levels require web tiles, how do you fire the power at all if you go into a fight alone with no other web tile creators? Venom can't create them on his own. You've basically made this character more useless without giving a reason.

Seems likely that 1* Venom isn't getting used as part of big-boy teams outside of Balance of Power or his buff week.

For those using him as part of 1/2* teams, 1* Spidey creates web tiles, at which point 1* Venom can use Snare.

Other thought: Yelena is leaving standard tokens, so perhaps there's a new web tile creator coming to party with Venom.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:

As to what was so bad, feeder teams say hello. Not that this is necessarily the reason.
    I expect the power still creates web tiles, but adds the stun as a conditional, not as a requirement to activate the power as it was worded in the OP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Venom thought: he is the most frequently encountered (in Story) team stun. Consider the newer player who can't yet manage consistent node clears. Now consider how many rage quits Venom causes for those players who barely clear nodes. Not playing = not spending.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any news on when this will go live? I've just under 48 hrs left on a card (2nd card for for same char at 72hrs left) for a character I can't level to champ. I'm close to enough ISO to max button the level boost, but not seen posts if that works.
  • Entropic
    Entropic Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Some welcome quality of life improvements!

Also glad to see the end of the Venom stun parade.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 wrote:
    Any news on when this will go live? I've just under 48 hrs left on a card (2nd card for for same char at 72hrs left) for a character I can't level to champ. I'm close to enough ISO to max button the level boost, but not seen posts if that works.
    Monday afternoon at the earliest. Best bet is to try to max the character before time runs out on your cover. If you don't make it, open a support ticket on Monday and see if they'll give you the cover back.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Wonder if anyone bothers rostering him anymore....

*points to puppychow's MPQ Gamependium link*
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    dider152 wrote:

Were you around in March of 2015 when the game devs broke the dominant Thorevine combo by nerfing both characters? One of the changes to Thora was a reduction in the charged tiles she could create. It was curious move by game devs until we saw the release of the first 5* in the game--Silver Surfer, who could also create charged tiles.

I bring this up because I believe the Venom stun rework may point to the release of a future character w/ stun abilities--some time this year would be my guess.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Were you around in March of 2015 when the game devs broke the dominant Thorevine combo by nerfing both characters?

I think I've been around too long when the first thing this made me think of was this Thorverine nerf: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2636
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Join Forces missions (where a character is provided for the player): A copy of the character with more levels and more power levels is selected. The game no longer selects the player's character by default.

A quick question on this, what if your own copy is at 1/1/1 as well? Would it select yours by default?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaentom wrote:
    Take wing… = Wasp?

Hopefully it will be Janet VanDyne. Haven't read too many comics recently. Not many since summer 2013. Just a few here and there and then ones I heard about from playing MPQ. Not being up to date, It would've been a while before I heard about Kamala Khan, Miles Morales or OML (which I've read but not much else), without MPQ. But I've heard that the current Wasp isn't Janet. Don't know if it's true or not, just what I heard.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Demolira wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Were you around in March of 2015 when the game devs broke the dominant Thorevine combo by nerfing both characters?

I think I've been around too long when the first thing this made me think of was this Thorverine nerf: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2636

Used with Original Black Widow and before true healing and we could play for hours, get good progression in both story and versus events, all at a bit breaking the bank 2* level. Halcyon days.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New Falcon variant? icon_e_confused.gif
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DTStump wrote:
    New Falcon variant? icon_e_confused.gif
    My first reaction and fear as well.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaentom wrote:
    Take wing… = Wasp?

Hopefully it will be Janet VanDyne. Haven't read too many comics recently. Not many since summer 2013. Just a few here and there and then ones I heard about from playing MPQ. Not being up to date, It would've been a while before I heard about Kamala Khan, Miles Morales or OML (which I've read but not much else), without MPQ. But I've heard that the current Wasp isn't Janet. Don't know if it's true or not, just what I heard.

Doubtful. MPQ likes to generate synergy with the MCU so my guess is it will be the Evangeline Lily version.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:

Doubtful. MPQ likes to generate synergy with the MCU so my guess is it will be the Evangeline Lily version.
    So that's why star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Banner looks EXACTLY like Mark Ruffalo
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    PorkBelly wrote:

So that's why star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Banner looks EXACTLY like Mark Ruffalo

There's definitely a lot of MCU design influenced characters- 5* IM, 5* Cap, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ant-Man, Peggy Carter, Quake.

But, if this is Wasp, I suppose since they're not releasing her concurrently with a film, it probably had a better chance of being Janet than otherwise.