Baker appreciation thread

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip wrote:
    She had no yellow. Level 70 but only 1 green cover.
    ah makes sense. I've actually seen someone bake with her with yellow. I hit that thing as fast as I could. that's why I commented.
  • I'd like to thank all the bakers for making it easier to get in multi hits. Can't wait til 1 of you are my 1st 4x hit.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Baking is pathetic.
    Relying on bakers is pathetic.
    This thread is pathetic.
    What is the point of developing your rosters just to hit cupcakes. Level up that OML is Rulk in order to beat that 2* or 1* cupcake as fast as possible and then wait for the next cupcake.
    Cupcake chasing all the way up to 2500+ points each PvP.
    It is sad.
    They developers really should find a way to eliminate CCs but they won't.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    tbighead21 wrote:
    Baking is pathetic.
    Relying on bakers is pathetic.
    This thread is pathetic.
    What is the point of developing your rosters just to hit cupcakes. Level up that OML is Rulk in order to beat that 2* or 1* cupcake as fast as possible and then wait for the next cupcake.
    Cupcake chasing all the way up to 2500+ points each PvP.
    It is sad.
    They developers really should find a way to eliminate CCs but they won't.
    lol... isn't 5DV pretty much built on the back of eating cupcakes?

I don't eat CCs, but I appreciate the points they put into the shard to help rosters who might not otherwise hit 800, 1000, or 1300 cross those thresholds.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    You have some bad info Jobob.
  • Lol us built in baking where you hear that from??? We built on fun & family. Now if a guy/girl happens to hit a cc multiple times then hell yea we high 5 them. But to ask for cc, wait for cc, need cc, pfffft nope.
  • jobob
    No one said you needed CCs.

I just think if you found them so pathetic, you would get your points elsewhere. To call them pathetic when they inject so many points into your score seems rather disingenuous to me.
  • Aco512
    Aco512 Posts: 4
    I'd like to thank the bakers as well. Getting to near 2k on 1-2 shields have never been easier. It may be a lot to ask, but I would like to request that you bake a little slower. Being able to double/triple one before I move on to the next baker will save me some needed iso.

Much love
    Xoxo
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just goes to show, every game has a griefer contingent.
  • simoncklee
    simoncklee Posts: 15
    Hooray for cupcakes!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I do not know what I'd do without them:

- I love trying to score another 1000 points above Max prog just to stay in the top 100!

- I hate playing the game competitively. Why can't everyone just get along? It's almost as if the game wants to pit Player vs Player!

- I LOVE waiting around and checking with 100+ people whether it's OK to hit them and whether I can play now. Virtual queueing is just as fun as real queueing!

- Like all the best games, and life in general, the fun is in progressing without putting any effort in. It's such a rewarding and satisfying experience!

I could go on, but I really should stop talking about CUPCAKES because we do not want Demiurge finding out about the CUPCAKES. They might ruin CUPCAKES by making it harder to bake CUPCAKES, or even by removing CUPCAKES altogether. Imagine that - no CUPCAKES... Oh, the CUPCAKE calamity!
  • On behalf of all of 5deadly I'd like to sincerely apologize for mine & others actions regarding cc. We've been a bunch of doo doo heads & hitting then unshielded. It disturbs me how we can be so callous as to go after them trying to score multi hits. We should thank & cherish the these precious commodities we are give on a PvP basis. I I I just can't go on anymore.......*sigh* I'm so ashamed of my alliance
  • jobob
    edited July 2016
    lol, I think you're being a tad dramatic. I didn't even say there was anything wrong with it, just that it seems hypocritical to bash cupcakes, but also use them to help your score.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I have never seen a cupcake team. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Jobob or Joblow???
  • Jobob we don't hit them to help score. We hit them to piss off those that bake them & if I can I'll hit those that need them to get to 1300. I been putting in work on my roster since the game came out with no handouts to get better. I don't actively search for them for points. If it pops up in my que Ima hit it.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Only cupcake I appreciate is in the ufc
  • jobob
    Jobob we don't hit them to help score. We hit them to piss off those that bake them & if I can I'll hit those that need them to get to 1300. I been putting in work on my roster since the game came out with no handouts to get better. I don't actively search for them for points. If it pops up in my que Ima hit it.
    It's easy to talk about not hitting them to help your score when hitting them is STILL helping your score.

You claim you have been playing the game with no handouts... Are you implying that the people eating CCs are getting handouts? Because if you are tripling and quadrupling them, you are getting more of a handout than they are!
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    jobob wrote:
    Jobob we don't hit them to help score. We hit them to piss off those that bake them & if I can I'll hit those that need them to get to 1300. I been putting in work on my roster since the game came out with no handouts to get better. I don't actively search for them for points. If it pops up in my que Ima hit it.
    It's easy to talk about not hitting them to help your score when hitting them is STILL helping your score.

You claim you have been playing the game with no handouts... Are you implying that the people eating CCs are getting handouts? Because if you are tripling and quadrupling them, you are getting more of a handout than they are!

When line groups are specifically waiting for someone to bake and then queueing them for their hop. Sounds like one to me.

Stumbling on a 75 point target that happens to be a cc and hitting it is not anywhere near the same. I am not going to waste my ISO skipping a 75 point target if I can beat it
  • Yes they getting handouts bc I bet if you took away cc who'd still get 1300 & who wouldn't??? If it wasn't for crew points & the fact that it pisses off some to be hit (even though you put out an easy team) which makes tons of sense we wouldn't care to hit them.
  • Aco512
    Aco512 Posts: 4
    edited July 2016
    Cooper- looking at your roster, it looks like it would be tricky to be past 1k in an event. Being past 1k in pvp seems like the magic number for most. That and being active on line will help you find some. Happy munching!
This discussion has been closed.