Baker appreciation thread

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks to those bakers that kindly put up cupcakes at the 800-1k Mark for heavy metal PvP.

I've had a super stressful day yo yoing up and down in this event and without your cupcakes I may never have made 1k.

Thanks for your continued kindness

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Hurray for bakers (especially the kind folks in Django, Battlecats, Punishers, in shard 1; apologies if I left an alliance out).
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    GTI25486.jpg

We appreciate all that you do!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are the real heroes of this game! Thanxs guys!
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Dear bakers,

I don't know who you are, but I love you.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    not finding any tonight. but hugely appreciated when found. thanks guys.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Setting aside the matter of the Great Cupcake Debate, I think it should also be noted that regardless of whether you find a cupcake or not, bakers and frontrunners inject points into a shard which makes it easier for everyone to get higher scores. The amount of time, resources and coordination they put into the game is truly remarkable. We all benefit from their efforts and for that they have my thanks.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was overjoyed by the kind hearts of the two guys/gals in the Beast PVP who helped me hit my first 1k reward. Without them I doubt I could have made that final push. Thanks a ton! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: Also just found one in Heavy Metal that will get me over 900. Thanks to the nice guy/gal from Phoenix Rises with the great user name that put that Quake/cStorm team out there for me. I'm gonna wait 20 minutes to hit it, really appreciate it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I may never get high placement in s4, the slice is full of darling gents who make hopping from 1075 to 1300 a snap. There are too many to name!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're welcome.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Stop. Talking. About. Baking.

Also, friendly reminder: don't hit cakes hot.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Agreed. Much love for the bakers. I don't bake as often as I would like, but I try to contribute when I can.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Rule number 1 about Baker's Club, guys
  • BlackSheep101
    Peej13 wrote:
    Stop. Talking. About. Baking.
    Oh like it's a big secret at this point.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Yes much appreciated. Can we stop talking about baking? I am worried that the developers will do something to stop this.

Also can I request that if you bake put in a deadpool 3*. That way I can also get a chance for a whale team up.
  • BlackSheep101
    Shutting down the point factories would be such an anti-player move that I would probably quit on a the spot.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    revskip wrote:
    Thanks to the nice guy/gal from Phoenix Rises with the great user name that put that Quake/cStorm team out there for me. I'm gonna wait 20 minutes to hit it, really appreciate it.
    erm. take care with that quake. most cakes are eaten with a big aoe and she can mess up plans if you don't pay attn. icon_e_wink.gif

edit: probably was tongue in cheek there, but generally baking with quake is kinda **** move. I dislike obw too but take them when I have to. cstorm is a little different since she's so squishy and her passive doesn't take your ap. I stick with jugs/mbw mostly but might put marvel in there as more yellows come in.
  • BlackSheep101
    TxMoose wrote:
    revskip wrote:
    Thanks to the nice guy/gal from Phoenix Rises with the great user name that put that Quake/cStorm team out there for me. I'm gonna wait 20 minutes to hit it, really appreciate it.
    erm. take care with that quake. most cakes are eaten with a big aoe and she can mess up plans if you don't pay attn. icon_e_wink.gif
    Don't ask how we know... icon_redface.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    dsds wrote:
    Yes much appreciated. Can we stop talking about baking? I am worried that the developers will do something to stop this.

Also can I request that if you bake put in a deadpool 3*. That way I can also get a chance for a whale team up.

Why do you think the developers are raising the minimum character levels again?
    It slows down baking.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Why do you think the developers are raising the minimum character levels again?
    It slows down baking.
    erm. featured minimums not going up. in fact 4* minimum coming down 5 levels.

edit: came across too strong there...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    revskip wrote:

edit: probably was tongue in cheek there, but generally baking with quake is kinda **** move. I dislike obw too but take them when I have to. cstorm is a little different since she's so squishy and her passive doesn't take your ap. I stick with jugs/mbw mostly but might put marvel in there as more yellows come in.

She had no yellow. Level 70 but only 1 green cover.
This discussion has been closed.