Deadpool's Daily Quest: Vault Contents Updated

124»

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Why not keep the health packs and give us the option to sell them?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simple solution to the people upset about the loss of health kits in the vault, make it so you can buy health kits with ISO. This way people who really want health kits can use the ISO they got to buy the health kits. The people who understand the value of ISO will simply ignore the new option.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Why not keep the health packs and give us the option to sell them?

I could see this being somewhat technically challenging. If you allowed all health kits to be sold, even the 10 that auto regenerate, then it seems exploitable. The inverse of this (being able to buy health kits with ISO) seems more feasible.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings!

Starting with the next round of Deadpool's Daily Quest (July 12, 2016) updates will be made to the contents of the DDQ Vault in order to increase the Iso-8 on offer. Here are details and a chart from Demiurge:

"We updated the contents in the vault to provide players with more opportunities to get Iso-8 rewards. We have added an additional 27,500 Iso-8 to the vault (a total of 92,500 Iso-8). We also increased the percentage to get an Iso-8 reward to 32% (from 11%).

To account for these changes, we removed 21 5-Health packs (but added 3 10-Health Packs) and 46 random 2-Star character rewards.

Thanks for the update and communication demiurge. More iso is needed.

I do have a couple of additional responses:

1) this change, while nice, just further demonstrates that the players and the devs view the iso shortage differently by an order of magnitude. Adding a 20k iso to vault is, in real terms, giving players a few hundred or thousand extra iso every five days (since players get 10 new tokens for every vault of 300 items). But in the elder game, players need millions of iso. You could add literally 100x as much iso to the vault at barely scratch the surface of most veterans iso needs. You continue to treat a 1k iso reward as a significant prize. And a 5k iso reward as the equivalent of a 4* cover. That's just not an accurate reflection of the current game economy. 1k iso packs should be end-of-match drops. 5 and 10k iso packs should be the smallest iso bundles in vaults. VIP should give out at least 6 figures of iso. I get that you are going to make player-friendly changes in small increments since its much harder to reduce iso rewards than to increase them (from a pr perspective). But the scale of the problem is vast, and the changes made to relate have been comically tiny in proportion. More needs to be done!

2) iso should be added by removing 2* covers, not health packs. Health packs are valuable for everyone, 2*s much less so. And the vault is still lousy with 2* covers, even after removing 40+.
  • Vhailorx
    Okay, so I'm one of the few who mourns the reduction of Health Paks. Someone had the notion of the reduction in the star.pngstar.png covers in lieu of removing the Health Paks. That woulda been nice, but I guess beggars can't be choosers here. We'll live.

Well, than someone was a fool! icon_lol.gif

The iso is worth iso, the 2*s are worth iso, the health packs are worth .... jacksquat. You get 10 and they regenerate. Iso does not regenerate. Having health packs > 10 is always a waste. It's the resource equivalent of letting PVE nodes sit at "full" points.

Drawing health packs is always a whiff. Until they can be squirreled away for emergency use (that is, not put the health pack regen on pause), then ditch them all please, thanks.

Totally disagree. Saving tacos to mine for healthpacks when necessary was a completely viable strategy. Iso is the scarecest resource in the game, but health is the most time-sensitive. And saving tacos to mine for health WAS a way to squirrel them away for emergency use. Hard to imagine that this changes wasn't designed in this fashion so that health packs could be made rarer (increasing healthpack sales) and the change could be characterized as a in iso increase (answering player requests and undercutting playing objections).
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Okay, so I'm one of the few who mourns the reduction of Health Paks. Someone had the notion of the reduction in the star.pngstar.png covers in lieu of removing the Health Paks. That woulda been nice, but I guess beggars can't be choosers here. We'll live.

The iso is worth iso, the 2*s are worth iso, the health packs are worth .... jacksquat. You get 10 and they regenerate. Iso does not regenerate. Having health packs > 10 is always a waste. It's the resource equivalent of letting PVE nodes sit at "full" points.

Drawing health packs is always a whiff. Until they can be squirreled away for emergency use (that is, not put the health pack regen on pause), then ditch them all please, thanks.

Someone could argue, that it is not nice to call people names, (even in a joking manner) for having a different opinion with them. Someone could also argue calling somebody names in a PVP environment, is not the best choice of actions as well.

There are some people who have a certain play style, that requires them to use health packs more than others. Maybe they don't have an Old man Logan or other health repairing characters well covered. Maybe they are playing PVE and PVP at the same time, and it is taking it's toll.
    Seriously, play the HEROIC PVE with the limited amount of available characters, and see how fast you burn through health packs, when its **** character time.
    Maybe they want to play with some reckless abandon hitting certain people, to teach them a lesson, because they just hit their good friend/alliance mate "aesthetocyst" while he was climbing, and that requires health packs.
    All I know, is for basically an extra 200 ISO on average a day (According to the math) a large minority of people who enjoy those health packs, are having the chances of getting them go to RARE levels from uncommon levels, and I don't think that is worth it. I think it hurts some players play style, and takes some joy out of the game as their security blanket of emergency health packs is drastically reduced.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm glad there's fewer health packs. I've needed one every now and then, but 1 in 3 odds of pulling one when I didn't was aggravating, and I don't need them most of the time. Health packs are weird in the way their value fluctuates from high, to literally zero depending on if I'm planning to do anything that would require them in the next couple hours.

That's just my own feelings on it. I can't speak to the larger balance of the game / needs of the players.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Waiting for regeneration doesn't really help when you're playing PvE optimally and need to finish the clear in that moment. At that point it's a) buy the health packs for 50/200 HP b) use your tacos to get them.

In that case, the health packs have significantly more value than 0.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    2 for 2 on the 2*s 2day. Please dump more 2*s! icon_mad.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:

Nevermind, I just pulled a blue Bobby from the Prodigal Sun vault and it made my Ice Man 2/2/3. In four days I get another from a daily drop and He'll be 2/3/3 and Jean is in deep tiny kittens next Clash of The Titans she comes up. You are forgiven! icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    snlf25 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

Nevermind, I just pulled a blue Bobby from the Prodigal Sun vault and it made my Ice Man 2/2/3. In four days I get another from a daily drop and He'll be 2/3/3 and Jean is in deep tiny kittens next Clash of The Titans she comes up. You are forgiven! icon_lol.gif

Everyone knows that the problems with rng rewards systems are solved by 1 good pull. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Oh lord... against the majority, I'm glad that the number of healthpacks were lowered! And for those who thinks it will be hard to get them, yesterday, I experienced the opposite: as usual, I hoard my tacos until 60 and then open them all until I get one of the **** prizes. But opening 62 tacos yesterday, after the update, gave me 50 tinykity useless healthpacks icon_mad.gif ... it would be nice if at least we were able to sold them for ISO, so for those of us who don't care about them, they wouldn't be a complete waste icon_cry.gif

Oh, and about the update itself, some CPs and more 3* covers would't hurt anyone.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Why not replace the 500 iso with 3star character as you also get 500 iso by adding them to championing. 3 stars became absolutly sh** with the nerfs.