Deadpool's Daily Quest: Vault Contents Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings!

Starting with the next round of Deadpool's Daily Quest (July 12, 2016) updates will be made to the contents of the DDQ Vault in order to increase the Iso-8 on offer. Here are details and a chart from Demiurge:

"We updated the contents in the vault to provide players with more opportunities to get Iso-8 rewards. We have added an additional 27,500 Iso-8 to the vault (a total of 92,500 Iso-8). We also increased the percentage to get an Iso-8 reward to 32% (from 11%).

To account for these changes, we removed 21 5-Health packs (but added 3 10-Health Packs) and 46 random 2-Star character rewards. Please see the below table for the contents of the new Deadpool Daily Vault."

MPQ_DDQ_New_Vault_July_2016.jpg

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    More iso is always welcome!! Thank you!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! More iso! Less health packs! Huzzah!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This is a much appreciated change. Thank you.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Still has 300 items in the vault.

Total rewards:
    4,000 gold imcoin.png
    92,500 ISO iso8.png
    2 x 4* covers (2,000 ISO iso8.png )
    34 x 3* covers (17,000 ISO iso8.png )
    129 x 2* covers (32,250 ISO iso8.png )
    135 health packs healthpack.png
    1 Legendary Token cardpack.png

51,250 iso8.png from selling all the covers

Total: 143,750 ISO iso8.png if you sell all the covers (excluding the legendary token).

They removed 46 2* chars (11,500 ISO) and added 27,500 ISO.
    So the net change is only 16,000 ISO for 300 tokens (which can be accumulated within 30 weeks). So approximately an extra 533~ ISO a week...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm....that messes with my strategy of saving taco tokens and using them when I need extra health packs. Any chance of taking out 21 more 2*'s and putting those other 5 health pack prizes back in? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still can't complain though, everyone knows we need more ISO so this is a good thing in the end.

Edit: Chances of pulling a health pack bundle went from 14% to 8%. Chances of needing 10 health packs and not just 5 are left to each individual.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why, WHY remove the Health packs!?!?!?! There are a bunch of 2s nobody wants! Healtch packs are useful to everybody! 129 2s and you had to remove the Health packs ...

Always the same, I give you something good, but I also remove something from you icon_e_sad.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's nice, call.me when you adjust how many 4 stars you put into the vault. Thanks for the iso though.

edit: didn't see that more iso cane at the expense of less health pack, well played d3, well played.
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    Overall, this is a good solid change, and much appreciated!! While we do still need more avenues to get ISO, the changes over the past few months to get more are appreciated.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the loss of some health packs. I usually have more than I know what to do with.

And are people accounting for the addition of the 10-packs of health?

I think adding a 4* and reducing the vault size to 200 by removing oh, about 100 2*s would be the only thing that makes this change better for me. (this is not a complaint. I like the update).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... again a CHANCE to get more iso.

Can we get something not tied to RNG?
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I greatly appreciate this change, it will be much nicer getting the extra ISO when eating a lot of tacos.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! Change is good, and any chance at more ISO is greatly appreciated.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Why, WHY remove the Health packs!?!?!?! There are a bunch of 2s nobody wants! Healtch packs are useful to everybody! 129 2s and you had to remove the Health packs ...

Always the same, I give you something good, but I also remove something from you icon_e_sad.gif

I want the two stars.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Replace all the 2*'s with Heroic tokens, then we still usually get a 2* from the token with a small chance at getting something good.

But thanks for the extra Iso, still need millions!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Nooo!!!! My precious health packs. I love them, why do they have to go? I could never save enough tokens to get the 4*s or LT. So I hoard enough tacos to get some health packs when I want to climb to 1000 without shields.

Those precious health packs is what got me to the 1000pt mark for peggy carter's pvp. If you take my health packs away at least make them cheaper. Instead of 25hp for a health pack, let's make it 3 health packs so a full team heal!
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    The game is in desperate need to dish out more ISO so I have to consider this Vault change to be a win.

I will point out that it's really not a satisfying win when the vault rewards are still spread out over a massive 300 items with a ton of them now becoming 500 ISO. It's probably asking too much but it would have been great to see the vault cut down to 200 items while trimming the fat and keeping the lowest ISO prize at 1500.

I'll admit I'm being greedy but there you have it.
    Thank you for another step towards partially addressing the ISO concerns of the community.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    To chime in: I always saved up tacos to get healthpacks for PVP climbs, or to get a specific 3/4* cover by chance.

I like that D3 sees we need more ISO, but please dish it out via playtime, and let us keep a way for healthpacks.

(Unless this is a ploy to get more money for people to spend on healthpacks now)
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    The loss of the 2* makes the net ISO change to be rather trivial now.

Furthermore the 2* could have been used to champion faster, so that has gotten harder.

Kind of a mixed bag, I think the *best* change to the DDQ vault is to shrink it down to 150.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Health packs are honestly a double-edged sword for them. On the one hand, you have plenty of people who use tacos as ad hoc health packs. Reducing the draw rate will hurt them. On the other, you have the hoarders, who aren't terribly happy about the crush of health packs they get when they bust their stash. This seemed like an OK compromise, since the 10 packs will be a nice bonus to somewhat compensate the reduced rate.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Hi-Fi -

Any chance you could update the original post to put an "before" chart in, for speedy comparison?