Two 4* Peggy covers in For Victory progression [merged]

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It's July 4th weekend. Can't expect reds to show up til Tuesday (if they don't have a hangover of course icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif ).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because of the way the 3* cover was wedged in (rewards at 575, 600, and 650... and yet still a big empty space between 1000 and 1300), I expect this is a one-time special.

It would have been great if they went ahead and put her third color at 1150, but two progression covers is still very nice.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Don't you all remember last year, at this time?

They had that special Independence PvP mini season and Independence Vault? Or whatever it was called?

LCap, LCarol, Falcon, etc all had their PvPs, and they all had special tokens in their progession.

Etc etc etc.

This is JUST an American holiday thing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since all pulls are equal, 125 spideycoin.png , cheapest way to go is buy singles till you get Peggy. Got with 1 free + 2x singles
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Don't you all remember last year, at this time?

With the number of characters they've released since that time, I feel like it's eight years later. Can't remember eight years ago!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I remember them doing something like this around february for Deadpool month, didn't they?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say that this is a one time thing. My guess would be because of the 75 years of Cap vault and July 4th. It's seems more like a Captain America promotion to me though. I very well could be wrong of course, and this is how new releases will be from now on, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. So I'm just going to assume this is a one time thing or possibly even a mistake that hasn't been caught yet.

Whatever the reason, I say take advantage of it and get what you can.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I can't hit 800 in pvp anyway so it doesn't really impact me much. And this particular pvp is a particularly tough one to get high on, just because Peggy's yellow makes climbing really slow.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    This type of prize restructure would have a lot more fanfare around it, this is a one of a kind situation. There is zero doubt about that.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    This type of prize restructure would have a lot more fanfare around it, this is a one of a kind situation. There is zero doubt about that.

If true, I at least hope this is a test for future, permanent prize revisions. 2 4* covers per event would not be too many IMO. Building a 4* f2p would still take months, so there would still be plenty of incentive to whale. But it would double the value of PVP events for transition players, increasing participation. And pushing the rewards down 200 points will make them much more available to lower level rosters. This will make the 4* transition look a lot less intimidating to 3* players.

I really see very few downsides to a more generous reward structure. Hell, 2 covers per event would probably result in a SLOWER build rate for 4*s than existed last summer when there were only 10 or so 4*s and they rotated through the 1k slot more than 3x faster.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    If the double 4* cover progression rewards is not the new norm for every PvP, they could at least implement it on events featuring 4*.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2016
    edit: ignore me, I'm an idiot
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    The reward for 600 points is now a 3* Human Torch cover.

sigh
    I don't see why that would be a bad thing.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I misread 600 as 800 and thought they'd changed it. As I said, I'm an idiot.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Back to normal for Dock Ock... Sad.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 wrote:

And the whole thing came and went away without a single word from D3. If you asked me a few months ago if D3 could become any worse at communication, I'd have said "no" quite firmly, believing we were at the bottom of the barrel where things could only improve. Alas, the past few weeks have proved how wrong I was.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am surprised that I managed it, but it hit 800 points to earn one Peggy Carter! That's the first time I've hit 800 (or felt motivated to try) for months. I am a bit confused how I am in 2nd place with only 2 hours left on the clock, but I guess it's just one of those slices. I am not going to complain. It's also a nice change of pace to see a flurry of attacks against you... after your shield is safely up and working.
  • Vhailorx
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I am surprised that I managed it, but it hit 800 points to earn one Peggy Carter! That's the first time I've hit 800 (or felt motivated to try) for months. I am a bit confused how I am in 2nd place with only 2 hours left on the clock, but I guess it's just one of those slices. I am not going to complain. It's also a nice change of pace to see a flurry of attacks against you... after your shield is safely up and working.

If you haven't played PvP for months, then maybe your matchmaking has gone soft? Or you got a PvP baby bracket (do those even exist in PvP?)
  • Vhailorx
    Pylgrim wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

And the whole thing came and went away without a single word from D3. If you asked me a few months ago if D3 could become any worse at communication, I'd have said "no" quite firmly, believing we were at the bottom of the barrel where things could only improve. Alas, the past few weeks have proved how wrong I was.

It does seem hard to believe that this event could come and go without any communication about the rewards. I get that the devs probably don't want be bombarded with "why isn't this the standard rewards structure?" questions.

But those questions are coming anyway (and probably say a lot about the current state of the 4* transition), it's better just to head off those questions with early communication.

I guess the optimistic take is that this was a test and and they are trying to gauge how much revenue they might lose if they give out more rewards before rolling out a permanent change. *fingers crossed with very little hope*
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

It does seem hard to believe that this event could come and go without any communication about the rewards. I get that the devs probably don't want be bombarded with "why isn't this the standard rewards structure?" questions.

But those questions are coming anyway (and probably say a lot about the current state of the 4* transition), it's better just to head off those questions with early communication.

I guess the optimistic take is that this was a test and and they are trying to gauge how much revenue they might lose if they give out more rewards before rolling out a permanent change. *fingers crossed with very little hope*

If it was a test and not just a special thing for the holliday, i'd say it was successful as far as participation goes. I finished at 102 with 712 points. Usually eneough for top 100. Also, almost everyone around 90-110 had shields. Top 10 all had 1600+.

I don't know how brackets work for pvp, but that's unusual for me.