Two 4* Peggy covers in For Victory progression [merged]

jgomes32
jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Check Peggy's pvp rewards, now it's two 4* covers (800 and 1000) and 3* is at 600 points. Really nice change and i hope it becomes permanent. Could this be a sign for 4* as progression reward in PvE too?

Comments

• Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    shhhh, they'll just get rid of it
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just saw that, hopefully that is not a mistake and the new progression rewards for PVP from now on.

It would make a lot of sense considering a 4 star.png now takes over 2+ months to cycle at 1000.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Betting this is the "surprise" they mentioned in the Peggy intro interview
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Just saw this myself. It would be great if this was the way the PvP progression rewards are handled from now on. At 600 pts you get a known 3* card instead of a token that would more likely than not give out a 2* Hawkeye. And we can all agree getting 2 cards for a 4* is awesome as well. Here's to hoping they stick with these rewards. Fingers crossed!
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    The jaded cynicist in me says it's because this is a custom MPQ character.
    My small spark of MPQ hope says "maybe they're figuring this out".
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope they continue on with this prize format.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I railed on them last week when they did something that really bothered me so it's only fair to praise them when they deserve it.

If this is the new norm or simply a one off, thank you D3 for the extra cover for Peggy!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    if they made this permanent it'd make up so much lost goodwill in the community....but the cynical side of me says it's just for peggy cause it's a character they made rather than a preexisting one.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember that one time pve had 2 three star progression rewards?

And this one time in band camp...
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy wrote:
    Remember that one time pve had 2 three star progression rewards?

And this one time in band camp...

A bit different. That one time (twice?) was just a cover swap, now the entire progress reward has changed. Hard to believe it's a bug.
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    As much as I'd like this to be the new template for pvp rewards I'm pretty sure it's just a once off. A bonus new Captain America cover on July 4th seems more than a coincidence.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be this is the new norm for new character releases too. It could be a way to make new characters more accessible to those who can't hit 1000 points in PvP.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Maybe they're finally thinking of adding regular 4* pvps, and this is the reward structure for them. I really doubt this change will remain in the 3* pvps
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Amsha3gar wrote:
    Maybe they're finally thinking of adding regular 4* pvps, and this is the reward structure for them. I really doubt this change will remain in the 3* pvps

If they wanted to (and I don't think they do, but if they did), they could just make it so that the 800 reward is always the featured character (or in the case of offseason events, one of the boosted characters), whether that's a 3* or 4*.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that this is likely to be the format for 4* PvP events rather than all PvP events.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    So there's a 4* cover for 800 AND 1k?!? Please tell us this is the new norm. The pessimist in me believes it's a one time thing because of the character and it being part of a large Marvel sanctioned event.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would definitely be a step in the right direction, so I too am a bit incredulous. The additional special vault also makes me think this is probably just a one time thing, unfortunately.
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    4th of July special
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right there with you. I suspect this has to do with marketing/branding for the "New Cap" push, but would love to see this both continue and expand (to PVE and to alliance rewards!)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aaaand this is the reason why communication is appreciated. Sure, surprises are nice, but Christ, the number of confused threads it has spawned...