06-30-16 to 07-06-16: worst 4* boost week to date?

13»

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Thank God this boost week is almost over and we return to the real powerhouses next: Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Star-Lord!

icon_eek.gif
    icon_e_confused.gif
    icon_e_surprised.gif
    icon_e_sad.gif

(yeah, yeah, Rulk is there, but for some reason even though my 4Clops is champed, my Rulk is 2/2/3)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be great if the devs didn't buff a 4* during the same week they offer the covers (ie Spider Gwen). How about giving us 2 weeks to get the ISO to make the character useful once we get the covers??
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    It would be great if the devs didn't buff a 4* during the same week they offer the covers (ie Spider Gwen). How about giving us 2 weeks to get the ISO to make the character useful once we get the covers??
    But then you wouldn't buy any ISO to level her immediately...
    Or you could just try patience and wait for the next time she's boosted. That should work too.
  • Quebbster
    Good thing about bad selektion of boosts: lots more variety in PvP. It's not just boosted character after boosted character....
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Good thing about bad selektion of boosts: lots more variety in PvP. It's not just boosted character after boosted character....

LOL! Oh wait, you must not be in 5* MMR. I went to 300 from the start in Peggy and have been hit down to well below 150 and about 20 times in total. The vast majority of those (read: basically everyone) have been by a 400+ OML along with a 400 + Phoenix (usually champed/champed).

It is true that instead of seeing OML + max/boosted 4* every single match I see mostly OML (85% still) + not boosted 4* (most often either DPXF or Ice-Man) every match...I guess that's slight variety?. REALLY looking forward to another Patch PVP, the only time this won't happen apparently.

Putting 4*'s at 800 in every event and widening MMR would be the biggest quality of life change I would use (but that's because I don't competitive PVE, so the 8 hour refreshes and heroics aren't killing me).
  • Quebbster
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

LOL! Oh wait, you must not be in 5* MMR. I went to 300 from the start in Peggy and have been hit down to well below 150 and about 20 times in total. The vast majority of those (read: basically everyone) have been by a 400+ OML along with a 400 + Phoenix (usually champed/champed).

It is true that instead of seeing OML + max/boosted 4* every single match I see mostly OML (85% still) + not boosted 4* (most often either DPXF or Ice-Man) every match...I guess that's slight variety?. REALLY looking forward to another Patch PVP, the only time this won't happen apparently.

Putting 4*'s at 800 in every event and widening MMR would be the biggest quality of life change I would use (but that's because I don't competitive PVE, so the 8 hour refreshes and heroics aren't killing me).
    You are correct. I have a level 330 OML and an unleveled 12-cover Phoenix, but after Reading about the effects of leveling five-stars too high I decided I'd rather splash around in the 4* pool for a while. I still get a lot of OMLs, but it's usually one around my level accompanied by a fourstar. There's some fourstar + fourstar teams, and occassionally boosted threestars too...
    Besides, doesn't 5* MMR mean you fight teams with two fivestars more or less all the time?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this week the new champ? Heart of Darkness is featuring Baglady. Then there's Drax and Moon Knight, which are too new for most to have anywhere near cover-maxed. FailCap, who just isn't very good, and Prof. X, which most people keep underleveled.

So no useful boosted 4*s and PX boosted to screw up winfinite. At least PvE isn't a heroic.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Is this week the new champ? Heart of Darkness is featuring Baglady. Then there's Drax and Moon Knight, which are too new for most to have anywhere near cover-maxed. FailCap, who just isn't very good, and Prof. X, which most people keep underleveled.

So no useful boosted 4*s and PX boosted to screw up winfinite. At least PvE isn't a heroic.

It's a cruddy PvP week, but PvE is ok. FailCap boosted works well for PvE. Moon Knight is probably good, just no one has him.

The OP week is still way worse than this group.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flaptain is at least as good as miles for PVE (higher single target damage offsets his slowness a bit). Moon Knight is similar to War Machine (and just as new/un-covered).

Not a great week though.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Put the Flappin' Cap'n in your Jeanwitch and you'll do pretty well (provided you've got enough blue covers for him). It's team "What the hell do I do with all this blue?"
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking through my roster and I'm actually having a hard time finding any boosted synergy.
    Quicksilver is...okay, I guess. But he's hardly the most important green user. Patch is a bit too risky, especially if we need to grind nodes down for 2 hours straight to hope to get anywhere by the end of this. Rocket & Groot...again, they're okay but not as great as they used to be. Ragnarok's okay...Storm's okay...

It's just a selection of "Okay" 3*s that are generally kinda squishy or not especially effective.

And not a single worth while 4* since no-one realistically has the potentially good ones covered and the others are too weak to be your main hitters.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking through my roster and I'm actually having a hard time finding any boosted synergy.
    Quicksilver is...okay, I guess. But he's hardly the most important green user. Patch is a bit too risky, especially if we need to grind nodes down for 2 hours straight to hope to get anywhere by the end of this. Rocket & Groot...again, they're okay but not as great as they used to be. Ragnarok's okay...Storm's okay...

It's just a selection of "Okay" 3*s that are generally kinda squishy or not especially effective.

And not a single worth while 4* since no-one realistically has the potentially good ones covered and the others are too weak to be your main hitters.

R&G do have true heal and their blue is killer when boosted. Add in PX to boost those strike tiles even farther and you'll melt opponents (PVE only obviously). Green packs a mean punch too at 5 covers. (3/5/5 when high on health, 5/3/5 when you need to heal up)

PX & Quicksilver have good synergy as well.