Top ten PVE 3*

124»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, for the sake of completeness, Mr. fantastic
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    A question on KK, is her healing ability only in game like OBW or it's still in affect after the match ends?
    Only in-game. As a general rule, healing for the whole team is temporary and self-healing is permanent, though there are exceptions (*cough* Ragnarok)
  • Quebbster wrote:
    A question on KK, is her healing ability only in game like OBW or it's still in affect after the match ends?
    Only in-game. As a general rule, healing for the whole team is temporary and self-healing is permanent, though there are exceptions (*cough* Ragnarok)

Thanks, I guess she would prevent heroes from dying, otherwise I don't see how she could save health packs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Thanks, I guess she would prevent heroes from dying, otherwise I don't see how she could save health packs.
    The temporary healing is the first to go when attacked. When Kamala gets going, the opponent may not do much lasting damage to you at all, they just chip away at the temporary Health she gave the team.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    I'm a bit late to this, but here are my top 10 3*s for PVE, with some honorable mentions:

In no particular order:

1. Steve Rogers
    2. Kamala Khan
    3. Magneto
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Luke Cage
    6. Falcon
    7. Cyclops
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Blade
    10. IM40

Honorable mention: Thor, Deadpool, Hood, Loki, GSBW, Black Panther, Gamora, Bullseye, Daken, Patch

Favorite teams to use:

Team 1:
    Luke Cage
    Magneto
    Iron Fist

I use this team on big Enchilada/waves all the time. I will also revert to this team if the boosted 3*s aren't that great. I will typically go for red and purple first. My goal is to get 10 purple (to use Fist's power twice) and 8 red. Once I have that, I'll fire off Magneto's red to remove the team-up tiles. Then I'll use Fist's purple at least once. If I'm not over 12 black AP I'll use it again. This usually makes for some crazy cascades (especially the 2nd time) and builds up black AP quickly. I'll then use Fist's green to get some strike tiles, and then start nuking away with Cage (yellow, black) and if needed, Magneto (blue).

Team 2:
    Blade
    Cyclops
    Falcon

With a red and/or yellow heavy board this team kicks some serious **** and is pretty quick. Especially good against goons with Falcon's blue. I will let Blade get some strike tiles out and then will go after yellow like crazy. Pretty soon the strike tiles are doing 1k per turn, and if you get Blade's purple out, you'll be finishing up fairly quickly. You can also generate more red with Cyclops' yellow, which can give you more strike tiles for Blade or cascade into enough AP to use Cyclops red. In a single node, I'll save up enough black for Cyclops' nuke. In waves I'll use Blade's black to steal AP.

Other good combos:
    Fist/Cage/Falcon
    Blade/Falcon/Cage
    Switch/Deadpool/IM40 or Hood
    Patch/Loki/Daken
    Switch/Fist/Cage
    Cap/KK/IM40
    KK/Cyclops/IM40
    GSBW/Black Panther/KK
    Thor/Daken/Loki
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I just have a tough time putting Falcon in the T10 with no offensive moves, one passive that's dependent on teammates to have any punch, and another passive that's dependent on enemies having special tiles out.

He's situationally very useful, and he's a good support character in the right team.

I think if you're talking T10, you've got to have Thor in there over Falcon. Great health pool, great damage, self accelerating. I think I said this earlier, but I like guys that can win a fight even if they are the last man standing... Falcon can't. Thor DEFINITELY can.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    A handful of teams I use that I haven't seen mentioned (or I missed):

Blade
    Groot
    Cage

Its a rainbow with a couple of passives. I've messed around with different builds for all 3 but have yet to decide which I like better. You can use Cage's black or Blade's. I like Groot 3/5/5 as the extra strike tiles help Blade's purple. It was, luckily, my first group of 3 stars that I had covers for.

LCap
    Switch
    Hood

This crew gets me through any tough survival node. Multiple stuns, countdown speed up, targeted AP gains, protect tiles, nukes (once everyone is stunned), AP steal, and, depending on the board, no worries about getting that extra 1 AP to keep Steve's shields flowing. This team has nearly everything except strike tiles. When Cap is boosted....wow.

Kamala Khan
    Beast
    Captain Marvel

Another rainbow team with doubled up healing. Beast's cheap powers keep you alive for a long time. Its got a stun, AOE, shield buster (for the endless Bullseye fights). Its not the strongest team, but fun to play.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using IM40/Blade/Beast for giggles, surprisingly effective, Animal Inside usually leads to really fat cascades, probably because it only hit's basic tiles and the board is usually full of special on red/blue trimming down what it will actually hit.

Mutagenic Breakthrough is nice with either providing extra strike tiles or another way to get attack tiles on the board to take advantage of Thirst proc's if I can't get 10 purple for whatever reason.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Gotta echo a lot of what's going on in here.

#1 overall 3 star has to go to IM40. Hands down the best utility from any support character and can use the blue and red AP in a pinch.
    Iron Fist is easily second; so much utility from him and the automatic 500 damage every turn.

Once we get past them we get into deeper waters. Cap has a ton of long-term usage and with the revamp of IM40 is much more potent. He is slowmoving on his own. Overall, true healing is huge for grinding, so you have to include Daken, Patch, and Groot in this list. After that, Magneto is probably the best overall damage dealer in the group. Put him with IM40 and you get a lot of damage, cascades, and board shake. This gets going much faster than Storm's yellow and green.
    Finally, in support land, you have to put Loki and Hood. They have unique support abilities that can help a bad match turn around very fast. Loki creates board shake, gives you AP against AI who loves to match 4 and 5, and flips tiles in your favor. Hood straight up slows down quick opponents, a huge health pack saver in grind time.

Finally, I feel like I have to list one of my favorite underused 3 stars: Bullseye. on Survival Nodes he is absolutely devastating with a 553 build; he eats up enemy attack/strike/protect tiles, drops huge amounts of strike tiles and chews through waves with ease. I am a 5 star transitioning player and my favorite team to use in The Big Enchilada is still Hood, Magneto, Bullseye. Give them a try sometime, it's so much fun! (be sure Bullseye has 5 black, it makes a big difference!).