Top ten PVE 3*

Options

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    Storm/Mags/Loki can definitely be a terror once you get them rolling...

But as a counter-point... While I love building a synergistic team, in 3* land, I prefer to stay away from teams that really require all 3 characters to be effective. Especially when one of them has little offense on their own. You've got all 3 tanking colors, which means they are all at risk of going down, and all 3 will be whittled down somewhat while you gather the AP to get started.

That's why someone like LCap is Top10... He can single-handedly win a match at the end after his teammates go down. Don't count Daredevil out on that front, either (though I wouldn't put him t10). People with board shake or who can generate their own AP, like IF, SWitch, KK, or Thor (all probably t10) can also help a lot by allowing you to survive a bad board.

In 3* PVE... I really like having a healing tank to soak up damage and protect weaker characters. That's why I mentioned Patch/Daken/Loki... Your healers protect Loki (I forget what level he needs to stay at). Another combo I like is Groot & softcapped Beast. Groot takes all the damage and then heals. Beast has good green, mediocre blue, Groot has good blue, mediocre green... But Groot blue followed by Beast green = great.
    So I gave this a try in the DP v MPQ event. I took out the trivial teams and it was kinda fun, the first "easy" node (level 325 for me) I almost wiped on. I've got all 3 champed, and I think Loki was boosted so I was like 300/180/170 or so (MoStorm just champed last week). When they are rolling it's a lot of fun, but it's just so random. The only certainty is CMags red, but from there you are just hoping that Storm's green gives you the AP you need, or Loki's purple shakes up a favorable board. And to jobob's point......I lost MoStorm kinda early and CMags dropped to about 700 health. So I was making bad matches to stick Loki out in front and keep CMags alive. It took a lot longer than I'm used to, but I did take down a pretty high level team with 3*s. So I will say that they make a decent combo, but personally I don't care for the RNG aspect of it. And it does get a lot tougher having one of the three downed.
  • falsep77
    falsep77 Posts: 35
    Options
    This thread's more helpful than the "Team Up" thread in the tips in hints section. icon_lol.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    cardoor wrote:
    Quicksilver - I am amazed no one mentioned him yet. His black is one of the most enjoyable abilities in the entire game. His green packs a punch for cheap and his blue is a nice team damage extra. Once championed he will feed Iceman covers too.

Captain Marvel - It doesn't surprise that no one mentioned her. She is underrated IMO, but I can see that her offense is not as good as many others. Anytime you are having trouble with a particular node or especially against a team with high match damage (even as a result of strike or attack tiles) she will get you through it. Try to team her with Cyclops as long as she is higher lvl and she will tank all of his colors - it is a deadly and fast combo.

I love Carol. I use her at 5/5/3 against protect tile makers and I use her every day with 3* cap and iron man in the big enchilada. Two characters that can stun and two characters that can generate red means Steve is going to run through the enemy like Taco Bell.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    cardoor wrote:
    Quicksilver - I am amazed no one mentioned him yet. His black is one of the most enjoyable abilities in the entire game. His green packs a punch for cheap and his blue is a nice team damage extra. Once championed he will feed Iceman covers too.

Captain Marvel - It doesn't surprise that no one mentioned her. She is underrated IMO, but I can see that her offense is not as good as many others. Anytime you are having trouble with a particular node or especially against a team with high match damage (even as a result of strike or attack tiles) she will get you through it. Try to team her with Cyclops as long as she is higher lvl and she will tank all of his colors - it is a deadly and fast combo.

I love Carol. I use her at 5/5/3 against protect tile makers and I use her every day with 3* cap and iron man in the big enchilada. Two characters that can stun and two characters that can generate red means Steve is going to run through the enemy like Taco Bell.
    I do like Carol, and in the 3* game... she's very useful. Alluding to an earlier point I made... she's one that can win a match by herself if it comes down to it. I just hesitate to say she's one of the best because, like Hulk, she has to be taking damage to be most effective. Meaning A) you are gonna be using health packs, and B) you have to build your team so that she's out in front as much as possible.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There will come a time, when you can not beat the PVE team on the board, and that means you have to rely on this team to clear.
    Only use this team as a last resort, because it's use is limited due to YOUR play style.

Deadpool 5 purple whale super beat down. icon_e_smile.gif Build is 5/5/3. This is where you use up your deadpool points, and drop the ocean's worth of whales on the opponent. This is has always been an autokill for me, but then again, I have never faced Quake.
    Assisters are Scarlet Witch to generate purple. Build is 5/3/5
    and
    IM40 he generates purple as well as green for scarlet witch to use to gather more purple. Build is 3/5/5.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vision, quicksilver, fist
    vision, kamala, cap

oh wait...
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Finally someone recognize the true value of Quicksilver! With the right tiles and team often I do 5k-8k damages to all enemy at 3rd or 4th turn. He is great in all PVE events in combo with GSBW or KK (for green generation) and another redflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png like IM40, CMAG or Steve Rogers.

Unfortunately he is really poor in PVP events because using another QS you win easly with his blue power.

For every hard match (especially the final round of PVE events) I also use The Hulk to absorb high damages and generate green for QS or GSBW.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    he is a beast with switch and fist.
    you never run out of purple, so you always have black ready. blue and green come along the way themselves.
    but it takes a bit of time, so rather for pve

with vision though...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not in any particular order comes in mind:

1. Psylocke
    2. Blade
    3. Magneto
    4. Luke Cage
    5. Iron Fist
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Thor
    8. She Hulk
    9. Bullseye
    10. Falcon
    11. IM40
    12. Cyclops
    13. Black Panther
    14. Cap
    15. Kamala
    16. Wolverine

...And of course Deadpool for hardest nodes to drop whales

Impossible to say top 10, everybody are good with right team mates...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:

1. Psylocke
    2. Blade
    3. Magneto
    4. Luke Cage
    5. Iron Fist
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Thor
    8. She Hulk
    9. Bullseye
    10. Falcon
    11. IM40
    12. Cyclops
    13. Black Panther
    14. Cap
    15. Kamala
    16. Wolverine

I have to say it is rare to see Psylocke at the top of any lists.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

1. Psylocke
    2. Blade
    3. Magneto
    4. Luke Cage
    5. Iron Fist
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Thor
    8. She Hulk
    9. Bullseye
    10. Falcon
    11. IM40
    12. Cyclops
    13. Black Panther
    14. Cap
    15. Kamala
    16. Wolverine

I have to say it is rare to see Psylocke at the top of any lists.

Fast strike and attack tiles strenghtened with Falcon and Luke Cage don't you think that is kind a superb team? Or Psylocke, Falcon, Daken for not overlapping colors or Psylocke, Magneto, IF etc...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    Fast strike and attack tiles strenghtened with Falcon and Luke Cage don't you think that is kind a superb team? Or Psylocke, Falcon, Daken for not overlapping colors or Psylocke, Magneto, IF etc...
    I like Psylocke a lot, but unfortunately she is showing her age. There aren't many situations where I'd choose her over Iron Fist - he works better with both Falcon + Cage and Falcon + Daken, and if you are playing Magneto and Iron Fist you are probably better off with Cage in the third spot.
    I did have a lot of fun playing Psylocke with Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan for a while though - Cap generates red/black AP, Psylocke uses it, Kamala heals everyone. I don't really have any other good teams featuring Psylocke as anything other than an afterthought though. She's not really bad, she's just outshined.
  • mckauhu
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    I like Psylocke a lot, but unfortunately she is showing her age. There aren't many situations where I'd choose her over Iron Fist - he works better with both Falcon + Cage and Falcon + Daken, and if you are playing Magneto and Iron Fist you are probably better off with Cage in the third spot.
    I did have a lot of fun playing Psylocke with Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan for a while though - Cap generates red/black AP, Psylocke uses it, Kamala heals everyone. I don't really have any other good teams featuring Psylocke as anything other than an afterthought though. She's not really bad, she's just outshined.

Might be true. She maybe need an update. Still in PVE she can shine when having enough time in goon nodes to strenghten those tiles and especially in a long runs. But for that purpose I usually prefer Bullseye.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* teen Jean, 4* She Thor, 3* IM40

My go-to pve team.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've used the old Storm/Mag/Loki loop team probably long before most people figured it out, however I've switched out Loki for IM40 and it works better now.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Look, power of individuals depends mainly on teammates and enemy team. Useless cover aganst enemy X could prove extremely useful against enemy Y... same with teammates synergy.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* teen Jean, 4* She Thor, 3* IM40

My go-to pve team.
    I prefer IM40, 5* Spidey and Phoenix... Annihilates anything in its way... But this is a 3* thread, lol.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's my top 11 for PVE and why

Black Panther - good colours, if the AI is not matching away his blue it will quickly add up, solid yellow and black.
    Blade – run 5 black, pink. His pink does tons of damage, his black is amazing against goons.
    Captain America – particularly with IM40 – his red and blue keep coming round every three turns and overwrite enemy tiles.
    Daken – saving on health packs has a lot of value, the free strikes are nice
    Doctor Octopus – you ill nearly always be matching special tiles, particularly if you pair with patch and double dipping on strike/ attack tiles
    Falcon – his blue has kept m in many a fight, really good with daken, those strikes really add up
    Iron Man – no brainer, his Yellow is arguably the best ability in the game.
    Kamala Khan – green/ pink are good colours to pair. The heal will save on health packs and keep you in a lot of games.
    Loki – great with patch, but really good against the mobsters, all those strikes and protects turn into yours.
    Rocket and Groot – again health regen will save you health packs, the green clears away a bunch of AI countdowns and the match should go long enough to get a few of his blues off.
    Wolverine – Best Health regen means you can just keep clearing nodes
  • torontoraptors
    Options
    A question on KK, is her healing ability only in game like OBW or it's still in affect after the match ends?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A question on KK, is her healing ability only in game like OBW or it's still in affect after the match ends?

You are asking about true healing (permanent healing that lasts after any given match) v. Burst healing (only lasts for the current match).

As of summer 2014 almost all healing is burst healing; there are only a few true healers (and about half of them are good or better):

Off the top of my head:
    All wolverines (oml and patch are the best)
    X-23
    Daken (2* and 3*)
    Rocket and groot
    Moon knight
    TA Hulk (bwahahahahaha!)
    Mr. Fantastic
    Deadpool (technically 3*, but really just the 4*)
    Silver surfer

There are also some characters with odd mechanics that can approximate true healing (phoenix, ares, maybe banner), and some passive defensive powers that are as almost good as true healing (cage, thing, quake).

Edited because i forgot fantastic. Oops.