Just too many characters,[not enough iso][MERGED THREAD]

13»

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2016
    tizian2015 wrote:

But there is no real choosing. There are a few chars really good and many not so good. So if I make the wrong decision it completely ruins the rest of the game for me. And the possibility to choose from not so good chars and be not able to level the good ones for quite a while means, the not-so-good chars are just traps. Is this good game design?

YES....I completed CHULK (since three months ago) released on last november and missing several covers of Cyclops, Iceman that were released long before him....OH, I completely forgot Kingpin and Prof X that lacks on covers, so defenitely YES icon_twisted.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Same thread has been posted for ~2 years now, and the release schedule has been consistent. And yet people still play. I assume the complaining about the same thing is a religious thing at this point.

Maybe the schedule is the same, but the needed iso for the same schedule grows exponential. So in iso its far away from beeing the same.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    Sincere advice: play less and don't worry about leveling everyone "on pace". When you were a child the games were simpler and you had more free time, so it was possible to get and do everything in far more games. Now you are grown and the number of things do and obtain in games has grown beyond what you ever would have imagined, so you can and should adjust your expectations. It is hard, so you have my sympathy. But it's something that will make you much happier if you succeed. It's sort of like learning to reduce sugar intake despite millennia of natural selection pushing humans to crave it. Good luck!

But there is no real choosing. There are a few chars really good and many not so good. So if I make the wrong decision it completely ruins the rest of the game for me. And the possibility to choose from not so good chars and be not able to level the good ones for quite a while means, the not-so-good chars are just traps. Is this good game design?
    It's impossible for all characters to be "good" - that would just make "good" "average", and some would still be considered better than others. And the "bad" characters are often just niche - they have some situations where they really shine (ever tried Elektra against Muscles?). There are obviously some real stinkers ( icon_hulkcho.png... nuff said), but I wouldn't say the game is badly designed even if there's room for improvement.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    Sincere advice: play less and don't worry about leveling everyone "on pace". When you were a child the games were simpler and you had more free time, so it was possible to get and do everything in far more games. Now you are grown and the number of things do and obtain in games has grown beyond what you ever would have imagined, so you can and should adjust your expectations. It is hard, so you have my sympathy. But it's something that will make you much happier if you succeed. It's sort of like learning to reduce sugar intake despite millennia of natural selection pushing humans to crave it. Good luck!

It's impossible for all characters to be "good" - that would just make "good" "average", and some would still be considered better than others. And the "bad" characters are often just niche - they have some situations where they really shine (ever tried Elektra against Muscles?). There are obviously some real stinkers ( icon_hulkcho.png... nuff said), but I wouldn't say the game is badly designed even if there's room for improvement.

If I´m supposed to choose, because ressources are limited, they have to be on a similar level. If they are not, my decission, if wrong, must not mean, i ruined my game for months (or more). And adding this point: the decissions for max level 3*s were negated by the 3*nerf with the introduction of champsystem. So a right choice was negated by the game and all the ressources are bound.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    halirin wrote:

If I´m supposed to choose, because ressources are limited, they have to be on a similar level. If they are not, my decission, if wrong, must not mean, i ruined my game for months (or more). And adding this point: the decissions for max level 3*s were negated by the 3*nerf with the introduction of champsystem. So a right choice was negated by the game and all the ressources are bound.
    Different characters cater to different playstyles. Some playstyles are obviously more popular than others. I do my best to try out new characters on trivial PvE nodes to see how they perform, that gives me an idea about who is Worth leveling when.
    Then again, I already have all Three-stars championed and am working on getting all fourstars championed too, so maybe I am a bit nutty. icon_e_smile.gif