Just too many characters,[not enough iso][MERGED THREAD]

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, I'm pretty aware that many of you will disagree with my statement but :

2 or 3 new characters each month is WAY TOO MUCH!!! icon_evil.gif

Like Tina Turner sang : WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO icon_lol.gif

All we need is iso iso8.pngiso8.png and covers, to level up the ones we already have.

I have an almost full roster of 99 characters, most of them unuseful because with only 2-4 covers.

This continue diluition of our rosters is making thing worse.

What is the purpose to have new characters every 2 weeks when we won't be able to use them if not for the following essential pve-node? Buy Hp for roster slots? icon_question.gif No, thank you icon_cry.gif

In the last 6 months the game has become almost a nightmare...
it's not fun anymore

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I agree + it's becoming increasingly difficult to obtain just the characters we want because of quantity of characters. If that's the case, they should at least make many legendary pools to choose from, not just two who are just different of their 5*s nothing more...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have fun picking and choosing who to keep on my roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like some more villains...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4*'s are still approaching the number of 3*'s (40) - and we have always seen this kind of thread (and I agree, OP) - and we're going to see it more and more.

3*'s were really helped out by putting higher numbers in heroics. I know the "what is your highest level 3*" showed most don't have them over level 200, but I don't know that typical players should be able to max-champ 3*'s in a year.

Or maybe they should, since it isn't even a 4* world. 4*'s have the same issue - they can get +100 levels - who but the utmost whales will ever get there?!? Even if folks can get 4*'s covered (harder and harder with huge numbers and almost all RNG pulls), they can't get them all leveled.

Time to treat 3*'s like 2*'s - even more covers, max-champing within six months.

Time to treat 4*'s like 3*'s - putting their specific color/cover rewards everywhere in game that 3*'s are found now.

Time to treat all characters as though they can be leveled - either dramatically lower leveling costs or dramatically increase ISO.
  • WEBGAS
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Time to treat 3*'s like 2*'s - even more covers, max-champing within six months.

Time to treat 4*'s like 3*'s - putting their specific color/cover rewards everywhere in game that 3*'s are found now.

Time to treat all characters as though they can be leveled - either dramatically lower leveling costs or dramatically increase ISO.

I agree SnowcaTT.... It could be an answer, but it doesn't seems the Devs are listening to us icon_cry.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    My hope is that they'll take us to 42 4*s (accounting for Dino and Duck)and then make some sweeping changes to DDQ.

That puts us about 3 months from a refresher, but honestly 3 months isn't that long in MPQ time.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I have fun picking and choosing who to keep on my roster.

Me too, im pretty ruthless only 70 slots for me.

And to the OP did you really think people would disagree?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Let's hope that once they fill the tier out, they have plans.

I'm optimistic here that the character cannon is all about getting the game to the right place before a shake up.
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    I like seeing new characters. I'll get to try them out in the assisted nodes where the game lets you play characters not on your roster. I'm pretty new, maybe 3 months along now. Got a growing 2* champ team, and a few covers away from champing my first 3*. I slot who I can, trying to keep characters that team up well together. I have no ambitions to collect them all, just having fun with what I have. So seeing new characters released just means more selections for me to build my favorite team with.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i dont see any problem with the release dates you dont need them all. You say THEN I wont have everyone needed for the next pve. Well skip it then .. Bucky came first week of may never used . war machine never used.... I think its 2 or 3 months or if ever they will be used again

then again maybe cause i got tons of room 28 open slots and another 8k in hp...
  • SnowcaTT
    slidecage wrote:
    i dont see any problem with the release dates you dont need them all. You say THEN I wont have everyone needed for the next pve. Well skip it then .. Bucky came first week of may never used . war machine never used.... I think its 2 or 3 months or if ever they will be used again

then again maybe cause i got tons of room 28 open slots and another 8k in hp...

I totally agree here - I don't push for the new characters because they won't matter - it will take me forever to get them properly covered anyway, if I have ISO at that time to even level them, and they won't matter by that point because they are 4*'s in a 5* world. I'll get one cover as the 1K PVP reward and have the character rostered to use for the very occasional essential.

Doesn't this present another couple of huge issues though? Look through that -

*PVE grind a bummer
    *PVE rewards a bummer
    *Won't get covers quickly with RNG
    *Won't get ISO quickly enough to level characters
    *Characters not required very often
    *Characters not as powerful as past same tier (4*) characters
    *Characters not even close to competitive with next level (5*) characters

I mean...it's -gameplay- types that should be added to fix a lot of those problems. Tons of suggestions out there regarding gameplay types that would fix many of these. I'm sure adding gameplay types means taking coders off of "create new characters" to (at long last) "create new content"...and that solves yet another problem, the one that the OP mentioned!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I agree 100% especially since you only really need OML and like 4 other toons outside of the forced essentials in DDQ and PvE which I'm getting pretty sick of. Hell I didn't get a moon knight until I pulled him from a vault and I sold turd hulk to make space for a duplicate 2* Thor for purposes of iso farming. Sold a 4* for a 2* and his champion rewards. Thats how useless I find some of these characters. Most are just irrelevant.
  • WEBGAS
    ...and Demiurge's prompt reply to my post was....

ANOTHER CHARACTER thrown DOWN MY THROAT! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

.......... ......... .........

fill the dots as you like....I cannot write clearly my emotions towards you
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one looks cool. But I think my scaling is too high. I'll have to get covers later.
  • WEBGAS
    Mawtful wrote:
    This one looks cool. But I think my scaling is too high. I'll have to get covers later.

I don't discuss the fact that Peggy could be a good characters, but the fact that during may and june they have released 7 new characters.....SEVEN icon_evil.gif

How we are supposed to use them in a game that doesn't allow you to gain the correct amount and color of required covers ( For example I am still waiting for 3 yellow covers of Kingpin and this character has been released more than a year ago) and much more important iso iso8.png to level up them?
  • SnowcaTT
    edited June 2016
    So, I leave most of my 4*'s at level 172 (if they can get there). I note one I have could go from 70-172 right now; costing 65402 ISO. I know that getting 172->270 is right around 300,000 ISO (before champion cost). So 70-270 is 365821 (Thanks fiercekiwi! Now...what's the champ cost again, 12,500?)

I had a 172 Iceman that was priority one and every single ISO from the start of the season until it was champed went into it. In the meantime I drew two DPXF covers and took my 172 DPXF to 270 using every single ISO after that.

I started with two 172's : this would have required 130,000 more ISO.
    I sold level 144 Ares to get the needed 65K ISO at the end.
    I played all PVE's for ISO (grinding all possible nodes that didn't require more boost/costs than I'd get ISO out of them) except I think the Kate Bishop intro (a mistake!). I played the double ISO PVE's probably twice as hard.
    I played all PVP's to 1300 late and shielded once right after that - to not use any more ISO for boosts than needed there.
    I opened every token I had hoarded (plenty of tacos) to get more covers for more ISO.
    I got zero more ISO from Facebook since I'm on PC/Steam.
    ....I barely made it, champed both Iceman and DPXF in one season. Except I didn't make it, if you consider those first two points. I never want to try that again.

So I challenge you devs: You are releasing two 4*'s a season. I'll let you proxy up your thirteen covers, take them! But now I want to see you max-level (and perhaps champion) those two characters in one season.

And players: can you do it? Do you do it? I would guess getting one from 70->Champed is about 370,000 ISO...that seems closer to a season's worth of ISO than it does two weeks...what are folks pulling in ISO per week these days? I've been pulling 100K-120K ISO a week, depending how hard I hit the LR's and PVE's.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2016
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    So, I leave most of my 4*'s at level 172 (if they can get there). I note one I have could go from 70-172 right now; costing 65402 ISO. I know that getting 172->270 is right around 300,000 ISO (before champion cost). I'm trying to find a 70-270 cost and can't seem to find it.
    Unless they've made another cost adjustment since I last modified various spreadsheets and python scripts it's 365821.

EDIT: And on the topic of getting the ISO needed in 28 days. At my most unhealthy level of playing I could maybe just maybe get 700-800K ISO in that time...but anyone that wants anything even remotely resembling a social life probably isn't coming anywhere close.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2016
    I've done this twice. Granted, not from 70-270, but from 147 to 270x2. 147 is my standard level - this was the max level at like 6-7 covers, which is usually when I feel comfortable enough to level up for the 1:1 DDQ 4* battle.

What I did to get there:

DDQ daily.
    PVE to grind out every single ISO possible.
    PVP (usually to 1k or so)
    LRs
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Sincere advice: play less and don't worry about leveling everyone "on pace". When you were a child the games were simpler and you had more free time, so it was possible to get and do everything in far more games. Now you are grown and the number of things do and obtain in games has grown beyond what you ever would have imagined, so you can and should adjust your expectations. It is hard, so you have my sympathy. But it's something that will make you much happier if you succeed. It's sort of like learning to reduce sugar intake despite millennia of natural selection pushing humans to crave it. Good luck!
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    So, I leave most of my 4*'s at level 172 (if they can get there). I note one I have could go from 70-172 right now; costing 65402 ISO. I know that getting 172->270 is right around 300,000 ISO (before champion cost). So 70-270 is 365821 (Thanks fiercekiwi! Now...what's the champ cost again, 12,500?)

I had a 172 Iceman that was priority one and every single ISO from the start of the season until it was champed went into it. In the meantime I drew two DPXF covers and took my 172 DPXF to 270 using every single ISO after that.

I started with two 172's : this would have required 130,000 more ISO.
    I sold level 144 Ares to get the needed 65K ISO at the end.
    I played all PVE's for ISO (grinding all possible nodes that didn't require more boost/costs than I'd get ISO out of them) except I think the Kate Bishop intro (a mistake!). I played the double ISO PVE's probably twice as hard.
    I played all PVP's to 1300 late and shielded once right after that - to not use any more ISO for boosts than needed there.
    I opened every token I had hoarded (plenty of tacos) to get more covers for more ISO.
    I got zero more ISO from Facebook since I'm on PC/Steam.
    ....I barely made it, champed both Iceman and DPXF in one season. Except I didn't make it, if you consider those first two points. I never want to try that again.

So I challenge you devs: You are releasing two 4*'s a season. I'll let you proxy up your thirteen covers, take them! But now I want to see you max-level (and perhaps champion) those two characters in one season.

And players: can you do it? Do you do it? I would guess getting one from 70->Champed is about 370,000 ISO...that seems closer to a season's worth of ISO than it does two weeks...what are folks pulling in ISO per week these days? I've been pulling 100K-120K ISO a week, depending how hard I hit the LR's and PVE's.

Yes, I can... BUT (and that's a big but)...

1. I set up a spread sheet of my 4* characters.
    2. I developed an equation to soft-cap them based on the number of covers: 70 + (13*(MIN($Covers,13)-1))
    3. It's a bit off at the first few covers, but holds up after about 5 covers and keeps their progression managable
    4. I pretty much NEVER spend CP or open Legendary tokens. It's a slow grind.
    5. I am careful at adding levels to my 3* champions when they are about to hit level 183 and grant a 4* cover. If it would be the 14th cover, I let them sit in my inventory while I farm ISO for up to 2 weeks
    6. I have rostered 2 copies of all 2* characters so I can sell the fully championed ones for a profit as needed and still have ones to take advantage of new cards.

This basically sets me up so that 4*s with 13 covers are ~175k ISO from championing if I have them at my soft-cap (level 226). I can grind 20k ISO on a good day, 12-13k on off days, so they are generally within 2 weeks of championing if I get the 14th cover. IF I fall short for some reason, i can sell a 2* without much issue to make up the difference.