Are all PVP seed nodes gone?[Merged Thread]

Comments

• St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I am just curious... did anyone get more than 3 seed teams in PVP? I only got experienced this in LRs but never in PVP, either three or none and the latter happend just 3-4 times to me in over a year.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    I am just curious... did anyone get more than 3 seed teams in PVP? I only got experienced this in LRs but never in PVP, either three or none and the latter happend just 3-4 times to me in over a year.

I did, Stink. All PVPs I got more than 3 seeds which brought me up to 2xx. I usually prejoin then start as soon as the event starts and I get multiple seed teams.

Identity Theft is the only one without seed teams for this season.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    its all over the place. I've been about 50% this season. joined slice 4 of mystique about 12 hrs into the event and got the normal 3 seeds. I haven't been able to cross 200 on seeds like I used to in probably 6 months though.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't gotten more than 3 seeds outside of a LR in ages, but I stopped joining events right when they open a long time ago.

Just earlier I joined Identity Theft slice 4 well after it started and started with 3 seeds.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    St1nkf1st wrote:

Joined S5 almost 24 hours before slice in Punisher PVP, joined S1 10 minutes before start before start in Mystique PVP, got full set of seeds in both. Was in app and ready to go when it turned over. I did my normal LR procedure:

0) Have team and team-ups ready from an easy PVE node before event starts, so you don't have to choose anything.
    1) See PVP time to event go from "<1 minute" to "started"
    2) Switch from PVP to events back to PVP (make the stupid countdown go away, prevent crashes in some builds)
    3) Immediately enter first node you see, immediately hit first enemy you encounter.
    ---THIS STEP SHOULD HAPPEN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS AFTER PVP SLICE STARTS!

At this point I have ~10 seed teams lock (~225 points). I swear it seems that you'll get less seeds (190/210 points) if you don't set-up in step zero, it is like there are a specific number of seeds that can lock-in and you have to grab them asap or you get a few less.

If I do steps 0-2 and not step 3, usually I have three seed teams locked but I'll get no more.

In LR's sometimes I'll stop after one hit (after my team deals damage) in step 3 and just wait until I'm ready to finish the LR, the seeds will be there as long as you leave the app open...UNLESS the server resets! I think this is the problem some might be having. For instance, the 5:00pm EST LR (3:00 my time) I always run right away - they used to reset the PC server right around 5:15 (you'll see the load screen again on PC), now it seems they do it around 6:00pm EST...either way, you can't camp out in that specific LR to run the seeds in the last 20 minutes, the server-reset took away your queues. Your three seeds are saved, the ones behind them get wiped out.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I'm wondering if it is roster based. Do they see the strength of your team and say, "no easy nodes for this chump."?
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    stuff

good stuff, thanks! I don't join that early PVP usually but I'll try it out in one of the next PVPs, just to see it icon_e_smile.gif

btw - set team ups for seeds? icon_e_smile.gif
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Doesn't all that crazy work of timing sound silly?

I personally think there should ALWAYS be 3 seed teams. No matter when you start. I don't need 10 seed teams, but definitely 3.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally think there should ALWAYS be 3 seed teams. No matter when you start. I don't need 10 seed teams, but definitely 3.
    Why isn't matchmaking just based on your progression targets? Something like this:

<100 points: seed teams.
    100<x<200 points: high 1* to low/mid 2* teams.
    200<x<300 points: high 2* to low 3* teams.
    300<x<400 points: mid 3* teams.
    400<x<800 points (?): high 3* teams to low/mid 4* teams.
    800<x<1000 points: high 3* to high 4* teams.
    x>1000 points: anything goes.

I find it really frustrating having 30+ 3* champs now, and seeing those same 3* champs staring back at me when I haven't even hit 200 points yet. Or, as being discussed, when I'm starting! One bad cascade and you eat health packs. Climbing to 800 just to get one 3* cover is a long, often frustrating experience; I've only bothered to do so twice. I've never hit 1000, obviously. I usually stop somewhere in the 300-600 range depending on how much I give a **** from event to event. I poke too far above about 700 and the beat downs usually commence. Anyway.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Why isn't matchmaking just based on your progression targets? Something like this:

<100 points: seed teams.
    100<x<200 points: high 1* to low/mid 2* teams.
    200<x<300 points: high 2* to low 3* teams.
    300<x<400 points: mid 3* teams.
    400<x<800 points (?): high 3* teams to low/mid 4* teams.
    800<x<1000 points: high 3* to high 4* teams.
    x>1000 points: anything goes.

I find it really frustrating having 30+ 3* champs now, and seeing those same 3* champs staring back at me when I haven't even hit 200 points yet. Or, as being discussed, when I'm starting! One bad cascade and you eat health packs. Climbing to 800 just to get one 3* cover is a long, often frustrating experience; I've only bothered to do so twice. I've never hit 1000, obviously. I usually stop somewhere in the 300-600 range depending on how much I give a **** from event to event. I poke too far above about 700 and the beat downs usually commence. Anyway.

Oh man, I would LOVE this. I doubt this will ever be implemented because they want people to buy boosts or just not play that so they don't have to give out awards, but I would upvote this a million times, if i could.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Its an interesting thought, but with that system, I could go out with 4* champs and not be touched until 800. I'm cool with that, but it doesn't seem fair.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Meander wrote:
    Its an interesting thought, but with that system, I could go out with 4* champs and not be touched until 800. I'm cool with that, but it doesn't seem fair.

True, it might not seem fair, but you earned those 4* champs, right? That's your progression in the game. I don't mind people with fantastic rosters getting higher rewards. It's what you deserve.

I have, like, 20 4* covers total, spread among 7 characters or so and I don't expect to get close to earning a 4* for each PVP. But I would think that I should be able to climb high enough to get an event token or the 2* cover? I am well on my way to champing a lot of 3*s, so shouldn't I start getting better rewards, after playing for over a year? On a mobile game?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    St1nkf1st wrote:

Joined S5 almost 24 hours before slice in Punisher PVP, joined S1 10 minutes before start before start in Mystique PVP, got full set of seeds in both. Was in app and ready to go when it turned over. I did my normal LR procedure:

0) Have team and team-ups ready from an easy PVE node before event starts, so you don't have to choose anything.
    1) See PVP time to event go from "<1 minute" to "started"
    2) Switch from PVP to events back to PVP (make the stupid countdown go away, prevent crashes in some builds)
    3) Immediately enter first node you see, immediately hit first enemy you encounter.
    ---THIS STEP SHOULD HAPPEN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS AFTER PVP SLICE STARTS!

At this point I have ~10 seed teams lock (~225 points). I swear it seems that you'll get less seeds (190/210 points) if you don't set-up in step zero, it is like there are a specific number of seeds that can lock-in and you have to grab them asap or you get a few less.

I did this and I got a bunch of seed teams. This isn't how PVP should work, right? Play on a VERY SPECIFIC time table? I think there should always 3 seed teams. Maybe you should get more seed teams if you do what they want and play immediately non stop, but never less than 3.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just started Moon Knight, and didn't get any. Didn't have any on Black Panther either. Apparently the devs seem hell bent on sucking every ounce of fun easy content they can out of the game.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Just started Moon Knight, and didn't get any. Didn't have any on Black Panther either. Apparently the devs seem hell bent on sucking every ounce of fun easy content they can out of the game.
    Same thing for me. I am also still waiting to see Living legend as a seed team like they promised.
    I have had multiple events without seed teams, my sim had no seed teams. The biggest reason for seed teams is it lets people create a little separation from 0 so it is easier to find matches.

Please fix this D3
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did this and I got a bunch of seed teams. This isn't how PVP should work, right? Play on a VERY SPECIFIC time table? I think there should always 3 seed teams. Maybe you should get more seed teams if you do what they want and play immediately non stop, but never less than 3.

I think all of PVP is set on a very specific time table - that's kind of how shielding works at the top as well. PVP can be incredibly time intensive if you want to play at the top. Really happy they went to five slices, so you can somewhat pick how that specific time table works for you.

I got seeds again for Moon Knight PVP using the method described above - immediate entry into event as soon as slice opens. I had the "oddity" happen that occasionally goes on - at ~150 I got a non-seed. Rats, I think, must have went in a bit late.

So I play the other two (initial seed) nodes...nope, there are all the seeds behind the original seeds over there, got up to 210 on them again. I see this occasionally, a real team doesn't hit me but pops in the seed rotation - I skipped it and there was still a seed behind it, that happens rarely as well.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2016
    I miss Bacon_magic what happened to him? Did he get sandboxed? Or perhaps rage quit from getting picked on too much?

But seriously why are the seed teams gone?
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    He got a 5* OML, and has been scaled out of his low end MMR. He's now a seed team only for the 5* championed players.

Edit: also, just noting....thou, rather than though icon_e_smile.gif
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    san-mpq wrote:
    Edit: also, just noting....thou, rather than though icon_e_smile.gif

Autocorrect -_-
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merged other topics into this one