Are all PVP seed nodes gone?[Merged Thread]

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed on Hard Nock Life that I did not have the 3 easy seed nodes. I thought "Oh, maybe they didn't have them here because it's a 4* event?"

But now I opened up Smash Hit for the first time and again it skipped the 3 easy seed nodes. icon_e_sad.gif

Are they not doing those anymore? I really liked getting my Standard token, 100 ISO, and 3 +2 all colors boost. These are not much, but I enjoyed getting them as well as the 100 points that would go toward the season.

Is there a game mechanic I'm missing that skips the seeds if you...do a certain thing I'm unaware of?
Did the devs decide these 3 prizes were too much to give to players?

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had seeds in both events, but there seem to have been a few of these posts lately so you're not alone.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've experienced this as well, generally when I enter late. When I do it's usually not touch to get to that 100 mark because the starting opponents tend to be worth 50+ instead of the 30ish seed teams.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never get sees nodes anymore in any event. Doesn't matter when I enter a pvp.
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    I started Smash Hit yesterday, and had several seed nodes. I was actually able to get up to the progression reward just past the 100pt reward without facing anything higher than 17 (with the exception of the loaner Hulk).

Sadly enough though, the Versus nodes aren't doing much for me. I read in Polarity's progression/transition guide that the Versus nodes were a good way to get 2-star covers for that stage of the progression, but out of the last 48 matches I have done, I've gotten 2 2-star covers, 2 140 ISO-8 rewards, and everything else has been 70 ISO-8. Looks like I'll be stuck right at the edge of 2-star land for a while.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got them for hark nock, but not hulk
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I can't remember if they showed up in Hawkeye's PVP, but they're definitely not in my Hulk one. New "fix"?
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    They did show up in both my hawkeye and hulk pvp. Maybe it's just a bug.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had seed nodes in both PvP events, Hard Nock and Smash Hit.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Preview the rewards then select your slice and start playing. I always do that and I always get seed teams.
  • arejaygee
    arejaygee Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I had them for Smash but not for Hard Nock.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had seeds in Hard Nock, but not in Smash Hit.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems people don't understand how seed teams work and what they're for. Here is the explanation that was provided a long time ago.

If you enter a PVP or LR event early and there are not enough human opponents to match you with, you will get seed teams for sure.
    If you enter a PVP or LR when it has been going on for a while, the matchmaking will find you human opponents instead.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Seems people don't understand how seed teams work and what they're for. Here is the explanation that was provided a long time ago.

If you enter a PVP or LR event early and there are not enough human opponents to match you with, you will get seed teams for sure.
    If you enter a PVP or LR when it has been going on for a while, the matchmaking will find you human opponents instead.

I can't speak for LR's, but in PVP there were always seeds in the beginning. Then they made a change to "show "human" (haha) opponents earlier" like we wanted that. People complained about it and they brought the seeds back.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeds aren't guaranteed. I even checked the prize list first. Got a bracket with under 50 people and no seeds.

This happens periodically. It's not a "stealth change" and you'll see seeds again after and event or two.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I'm pretty sure the number of seed nodes you get is a function of how much you've spent. I would suggest you open your wallet a little (more often)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for a long time after I started playing seeds would dang near take you to 300 if I remember right. then you'd only have to handle a few real opponents to get over 300. add some in simulator and that's how I got to the 10-pk when I was running 2s, before my 3s were really functional. then, around the time boosting started (I think) the seeds dropped to 3 only. but it has always been very consistent in giving the same number every event until the last few months (maybe since the first of the year?).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had seed teams in both Hard Nock Life and Smash Hit...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shemhazi wrote:
    I started Smash Hit yesterday, and had several seed nodes. I was actually able to get up to the progression reward just past the 100pt reward without facing anything higher than 17 (with the exception of the loaner Hulk).

Several? I NEVER have had more than three outside LRs. And yeah, I didn't get them for Kate's PVP either.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:

I joined with 1 whole day left before the deadline and I got no seed teams.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    I think there is a time component to those seed nodes, I find I join right at the start I get them and this continues up to 2 days out but as soon as the counter goes under 2 day and I start no seed nodes. This is fairly consistent, but not universally true.