Are all PVP seed nodes gone?[Merged Thread]

Comments

• dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I was missing seed teams once in pvp this season. LR seed teams I think depend on how many seed teams I have hit that week. If I have hit lots of seed team in LR, I get none for the rest of the week no matter when I join.

PVP used to always have seed teams. Not sure why it has changed now. Not a big deal for me. I thought they were a waste of time anyway. Only one of them was worth good points, the rest were 30 or under which is lower than what I normally fight battles for.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Joined smash hit after it started and got no seed nodes. Joined red shift before it started and still got no seed nodes.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Joined Hulk PVP with 2 hours left and 440 in bracket and I got 3 seed teams
  • [StCid]
    [StCid] Posts: 1
    If they wanted for players to stop playing cause it is getting to difficult to just past the mark of 200 points with out having top caracters Thank you you are doing a good job, please let the 3 seed nodes stay for getting a chance to at lease get some wins
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I haven't had any seed teams this season. Everything starts out with heavy hitting teams with boosted championed 3* players and maxed 4 stars. It's like hitting a wall before even starting. I have two maxed 4 stars (Fury and Devil Dino) and a ton of championed 3 stars, but no 5 stars past level 270 and most of my 4 stars haven't been leveled once because of low covers.

I liked working my way up to the tougher matches and used to try to get at least to 300 points on each pvp event, but I haven't been playing this season because it's not worth the slog and loss of health packs that I can use in pve if needed.

I play for fun and trying to get any substantial reward now is just annoying.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I got three seeds in the punisher pvp. Joined slice 2 with 7 hours left and had 138 in bracket at start.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I wonder what determines it then. Roster strength?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joins identity Theft this morning and had no seed teams. I had seed teams the last PVP. Devs please figure this out
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had seed teams in both Identity Theft and Army of One...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have hit almost all PVP's this season as soon as they open (app open, starting within moments of event starting), and as long as I hit them immediately I can find seed teams up to ~220. If I have app open and don't hit seeds I don't tend to save any other than the first three. If I open the app even two minutes after slice I selected starts, I won't see seeds.

That is how it has been for me this season (PC/Steam usually S1/S4 to best hit those opening times) - that is how it has been for ages.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    When I joined Identity Theft I was the second person in the bracket and there were no seed teams.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    None seed teams for me either. I pre-joined Identify Theft and preview the reward multiple times and thought that would secure the seed teams... nope.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    None here either for the past three PVP events - it's a bummer having to go through high-level teams (and health packs) just to get to 100.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    joined Identity theft this morning, around 12 hours after the event started, had 3 seeds waiting!
  • Bossblack
    Malcrof wrote:
    joined Identity theft this morning, around 12 hours after the event started, had 3 seeds waiting!

I guess VIP gets special treatments. icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:
    None seed teams for me either. I pre-joined Identify Theft and preview the reward multiple times and thought that would secure the seed teams... nope.
    Arphaxad wrote:
    When I joined Identity Theft I was the second person in the bracket and there were no seed teams.

Question for these - did you have app open and start when your slice opened? Or did you start the app well after your slice opened?

I ask because in case one (pre-joining, but not starting until a day later) or case two (joining in an empty bracket in day two) I haven't gotten seeds in the last two years [PC/Steam].

In case one (pre-joining, starting as soon as event opens) or case two (joining in empty bracket as event opens) I have always gotten ten-ish seeds in the last two years. In case one if I have app open but don't start playing sometimes I'll get three instead of ten seeds.

It might be helpful to mention:
    device (is this a PC vs Android vs Iphone issue?)
    Join time (is this a starting late issue? Did you get seeds before doing this method?)
    Start time (is this an app open as slice opens issue? Did you get seeds before doing this method?)

The devs seem to encourage early opens/runs to get those seeds and discourage late starts/runs if you have those seeds. Now in 5* MMR, I run to 300 at the start of events on seeds and get smacked back down to 150 every single event because those that started later don't see those seeds - so instead of breaking out of non-seeds at 220 they break out at either 0 or 100 (three seeds); and I'm sitting out there at huge points compared to that. I would -love- to see everyone get maximum seeds whenever they start the event - it would basically "lower" the needed points for 1K/1.3K to 800/1.1K by filling the brackets with easy points right away.

It also would help everyone out on ISO - I assume that's why this topic keeps trending, folks want both the easy ISO and to avoid the 5* MMR-hell hits that come along with running early for that easy ISO. I don't think the devs want to let you have it both ways though....
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    its really creating a dynamic that, unless you want to yo-yo your score to farm iso (simulator is much better for that anyways), there's very little reason to join early any more. I'm noticing subconsciously I'm just gravitating towards joining later and later every event.
  • Bossblack
    I prejoined but have my app open and did not start until about 6 hours after the event started and I got no seed teams. Normally I will get at least 3 seed teams but not this time.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I get seed teams but if I leave it too long they disappear. I don't do pvp so join just to farm the daily Deadpool points. When I come back 24 hrs later the other 2 seeds are gone replaced by player teams.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got none on Pun's. Just joined Mystique S3 at #447 and have seeds. icon_rolleyes.gif