Do you enjoy Venom Bomb?

Comments

• CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I voted yes only because I enjoyed it up until the Carnage/Venom/Feeder finale on day 3. Before then it was fine, and still challenging. I was even able to hit final progression rewards without having Kate Bishop too.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    Voted yes.. people hating it means it's easier to place well.

Or at least that is my perception each time a "hard" event comes around.

Go on.. don't play the new test event.. i will, might even score a second cover of a three star *cackles evilly*
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I voted yes only because I enjoyed it up until the Carnage/Venom/Feeder finale on day 3. Before then it was fine, and still challenging. I was even able to hit final progression rewards without having Kate Bishop too.

I loved that node oh so much. Just got my 330 OML, Champ Iceman, Champ IM 40 wiped twice by round 6. First time was Scythes on turn 2 and then 4. Second time I got lucky and it was 3 and 5. Soooooo much fun.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    this is the first time i really jumped into it.

the symbiote turns take... so... forking... ... ... long. they really need to speed things up (the game in general has been slow since the last update).

that carnage/venom node is pretty, um, well designed for the whole 'supposed to lose' mentality. had one go at it where i got hit by symbiote scythes 4 times in 5 turns. seriously.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage = icon_redface.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fine with it except the Carnage nodes. Challenge is fine but Carnage with feeders is just sadistic.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Hellllll nooooo.....I collected the 25 command points and I'm outta there.
    Haven't got the heart to complete the last day and the wild animations are doing my head in.
    Goodbye venom, carnage and the horrible horrors, what an annoying pve you are. icon_lol.gif
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    UncleSmed wrote:

Go on.. don't play the new test event.. i will, might even score a second cover of a three star *cackles evilly*

No, it's not true. It's still depending on what's the rewards. It's not easy to place well when the rewards are ironfist and Jean grey.
    I played my lungs out to collect 75k at the moment and still can't securely place myself in the top 10.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Starz007 wrote:
    The difficulty on the third and fourth days of this event is ridiculous. Since a character like Horror generates AP every turn that Carnage and Venom use to fire mega-damage powers, I'm losing nearly 3 out of every 4 tries on the hardest mission. This is REALLY poor design.

Not to mention they can actually feed 2ap per turn..
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I like it, but the last node on day 3 is a pain. I've beat it a couple times, and wiped a couple times too. Seems like you just have to get a lucky board to take out Carnage early.

But it sounds like everyone has the same problem, so if you can beat those nodes a few times you can score well.

I got the 25 CP on day 3, so I won't complain. Now how much effort do I put in on day 4 for an extra IF or 2?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't actually hate it.

I don't like that getting to maximum progression rewards isn't going to get me anywhere close to top of the leader boards but that's just where I live in slice land (the game thinks I'm a lot better than I feel I am...).

It hoovers up health packs, and you can just get unlucky and smashed by some of the more annoying nodes. But I actually played this where I pretty much ignored the Simulator we just had.
  • DarkWalkerWP
    DarkWalkerWP Posts: 29
    edited June 2016
    UncleSmed wrote:

Its not because it's"hard" It's because it is not fun at all that people aren't playing it. I like a good challenge. But this isn't fun.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    mazerat wrote:
    Voted yes but it's more ambivalence. I think Carriers are a bit OP as they pretty much auto-win if left alone for too long in a way that even Muscles aren't. But the rest of the symbiotes are tough but fair. The 4* + feeder nodes suck but all character + feeder nodes suck and I don't feel these are noticeably worse (okay, t2 Carnage Scythes is pretty hilarious but other than that).
    I think i'm just burned in general. I ground pretty hard on the last few events to meh results and I'm kinda tired of hitting 10 nodes every 8 hours (plus grind at the end) over and over and over.
    Between Civil War x2, the Bucky release before, the Rhodey release between, and the Kate release right after, May was killer for me, too. I have a level 271 4Thor as my only level 200+ 4* character, and I only hit the first sub twice, the second sub once, and I'm pretty much just riding out the rest of the event. I don't even know if I'll go for any CP because I'm so burned out from May.

Totally agree with you, every word. There should have been a "don't care" option for the poll to round out those of us who are more ambivalent.

I loathed Venom Bomb the first time, and now 4Thor has been boosted (and massively useful) on this run and the next most recent, so it hasn't been so awful, which caused me to vote yes. The first two subs really aren't that bad if you can keep the Carriers in check. Carnage is always terrible, so those nodes are whatever for me. Probably not going to play them this time around though. Carnage isn't the only unfun character when he has feeders (Doc Ock in Webbed Wonder, anyone?).
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I voted yes earlier today because I like the newer storylines that I haven't played as many times as the others. But then the last sub opened. I forgot you get high level carnage with TWO feeders that results in scythes every other turn for 7k damage to one and 3.5k to my other two.

Loathe this last sub. If ever there is a new character release on venom bomb, I riot.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    No. It's really not much fun seeing carnage use symbiotes scythes every other turn, then getting venom railing you in between. It's garbage that they even get feeders, just makes this more luck based than strategy.
  • DarkWalkerWP
    DarkWalkerWP Posts: 29
    edited June 2016
    3 out of 4 players can't be wrong. And it sounds like some of the "No's" have changed their minds on day 4.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy it normally when the noticeable slowdown on enemies animations/CD's isnt there (seriously, fix this already...).

However, I do not enjoy the nodes with Carnage + feeder(s) that have the threat of Symbiote Scythes by turn 3, or some CD tile from the symbiote. It kind of comes down to luck or your ability to stun Carnage before he fires off. That part of the event needs to be re-looked at.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Symbiote Scythe
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Symbiote Scythe
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Alien Instincts
    Symbiote Scythe
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i love frustrating pves.
    gives me a break from the game.
    I play way to much.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I have no problems with symbiot goons - they are tough but manageable. But I really hate overleveled Carnage on almost all hard nodes in 3rd and 4th sub. And even more I hate the fact that he has red feeders, so we are not able to deny red to him. Scythes every other or every 3rd move is plain health pack decimation and not fun as games generally should be.