Do you enjoy Venom Bomb?

DarkWalkerWP
DarkWalkerWP Posts: 29
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I absolutely hate it, my wife hates it, everyone in my alliance hates it....
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought when folks were discussing Sim as one of the worst (non-Heroic) PVE's, folks mentioned no...Venom Bomb was the correct answer for worst (non-Heroic) PVE.
  • I forgot to mention that my dog hates it because every turn Venom fires off two abilities because of the symbiotes I throw my phone at her.

We aren't even to day four yet with the Carnage symbiotic slice every other turn node yet.

~DW
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I forgot to mention that my dog hates it because every turn Venom fires off two abilities because of the symbiotes I throw my phone at her.

We aren't even to day four yet with the Carnage symbiotic slice every other turn node yet.

~DW

Oh, I'm on day four and it sucks just as bad. The KK node is terrible as its the two goons feeding redflag.png to Carnage. 3 turns in and Carnage fires his power. Annoying.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I wiped on the last node of the third sub with a 390 OML/405 SS/405 PHX.

I hate this event.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I didn't vote because there is no question, the answer is "NO!"
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not crazy for it, but it's okay. A good thing about tough events is that you don't need to do as many clears to place well. If I had done 6+ clears, I'm sure I could have been way at the top. As it is, I'm doing my normal activity of aiming for top 300 each sub to get the vault token, and then that's about it. I might win a 3* cover at the end... I might not!! Hope to get max prog, but I might not do that either. We'll see. Another Cho greenflag.png , perhaps?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Hate it. I am still kind of new, with a not great lineup and could barely eek out 4 nodes on each sub. Finally hit my desired KK cover this morning and I was out. If I struggled I could have hit the ISO and maybe the 25 HP, but it just wasn't worth the frustration.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I don't enjoy it, but I don't hate it either. Need a 3rd option, like "Meh?"
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I loathe it with the fires of a billion suns. The symbiotes, whatever kind they are, can spawn countdowns that can get out of control very, very, fast. It's not fun and I would like to hit them with the hardest of Nerf Hammers. OK, I'm exaggerating my level of hatred. It's more like the fires of a million suns. Oh, all right... a thousand suns, but that's the lowest I'll go.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't enjoy PvE at all anymore. Do I play it? Sure that's the best route for us non-whales to get CP. I forget who it is, but their signature says something along the lines of:

We play PvE but we hate every second of it.

That sums it up.
  • DarkWalkerWP
    DarkWalkerWP Posts: 29
    edited June 2016
    I think I have a pretty good roster. I have 11x4*'s champed and a decent 5*team that I'm not leveling because of scaling. This event sucks. It's not fun. D3 should hire me to be their fun coordinator.

~DW
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I thought when folks were discussing Sim as one of the worst (non-Heroic) PVE's, folks mentioned no...Venom Bomb was the correct answer for worst (non-Heroic) PVE.

I completely disagree with you, SnowcaTT. IMHO, Venom Bomb is worse than any of the Heroic PVEs - making it the worst PVE there is, period.

I know, I know, technically I'm not actually disagreeing with you (as Venom Bomb is the worst Non-Heroic PVE as well as the worst PVE,) but I wanted to phrase it that way to lead people on. icon_e_smile.gif

Seriously, it's awful. The Symbiotes are very overpowered (their powers are cheap and feed each other,) so that when things so south, they go really south. Add to that all the Venom and/or Carnage and feeders and it's horrible. Just horrible. The dialogue is neat, the plot isn't bad, but the actual game mechanics of it need a top-to-bottom redesign.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure what I hate worse. 325 carnage with feeders, 325 hood, or high level survival nodes that take forever to complete (pure time component to that hatred). give me dark avengers and some hammer/maggia any time. simulator is a different animal, like gauntlet light - releases should never happen in simulator. depending on scaling and boosted list, I don't mind heroics. haven't had a heroic since leveling a 5 though - not sure if levels will pull down for them or not. I know they're supposed to, but reality here doesn't always follow 'supposed to'.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Voted yes but it's more ambivalence. I think Carriers are a bit OP as they pretty much auto-win if left alone for too long in a way that even Muscles aren't. But the rest of the symbiotes are tough but fair. The 4* + feeder nodes suck but all character + feeder nodes suck and I don't feel these are noticeably worse (okay, t2 Carnage Scythes is pretty hilarious but other than that).
    I think i'm just burned in general. I ground pretty hard on the last few events to meh results and I'm kinda tired of hitting 10 nodes every 8 hours (plus grind at the end) over and over and over.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I even wiped this time on the 'all-team-up' node the other day, where you could play with all loaners against 3 symbiotes. It took a little too long to gather enough AP to fire powers, and the team was destroyed with great destroyness. Or something.

Now, while it didn't cost any health packs (hey - all loaners!) it's exemplary that the team they give you to fight with is so easily eaten up by symbiotes that were even like 50-100 levels LOWER (can't remember the actual level difference).
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    It's really just the Carange+Feeder nodes I hate. This time around I've taken to just burning a couple of boosts and plowing through them with Charlie's Angels because it's the least painless way possible.

But I still hate Enemy of the State more, and for two-plus years, there's always been a special place in hell for that first run-through of Florida.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind the symbiote goons - sure they can be difficult but manageable.

I don't mind Venom - sure he can hit hard, but he's definitely beatable.

I do mind Carnage - he's annoying as the tiniest of kitties, but even he's manageable.

What makes me HATE Venom Bomb is FEEDER NODES!!!

Stop with the stupid feeder nodes already! They're not "a challenge" - they're a cheap healthpack.png suck and nothing more.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quite enjoy the event at first since it's not too difficult farming the all-goon required nodes for some nice points.
    But then you get to the last two days and you get the worst team ups of Carnage and Venom fed by an awful symbiote (something I remember them saying a year ago they were going to stop doing) so that each match is dragged out painfully watching Carnage do his passive every damn turn...and the fun drains away.

At least I have boosted Thoress to speed things up. Would be torture if I didn't have a single boosted 4* this week.
  • Starz007
    Starz007 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    The difficulty on the third and fourth days of this event is ridiculous. Since a character like Horror generates AP every turn that Carnage and Venom use to fire mega-damage powers, I'm losing nearly 3 out of every 4 tries on the hardest mission. This is REALLY poor design.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will say this I got my 25 CP with out having to face carnage venom with a red green feeder. That makes this event a win for me. I will grind the trivial nodes for ISO and call it a day and a win I will gladly leave the 2 CP on the table to avoid the feeder nodes