Four. Four million ISO.

13»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's what I put on the thread that SnowCatt was kind enough to link to. The date of this, by the way, is March 30th:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    According to my spreadsheet, to bring everyone up to their soft cap would cost me 5,634,014 Iso. It an average of 23K Iso a day, that's 245 days to max out everyone assuming my roster doesn't develop. Poor assumption, really, I wouldn't be surprised if 245 days from now it will cost a similar amount of Iso to soft-cap everyone.

That doesn't really bother me. A lot of those characters will never see their soft or hard cap, and I have a really good stable of maxxed characters. Right now I'm gathering 5* covers and leveling up my mid-tier 4*s. Occasionally I'm dipping down into my 3*s to maximize the chances of drawing a cover that will be useful - the game is more fun that way.
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Ok, fine fine. Everyone else is putting up hard-cap numbers, so will I.

8,593,111 Iso.

Well, that is a lot, isn't it? Good thing I'm not going to do that, right?

I went and looked at my current numbers, I was curious to know how if the numbers are the same, or different.

My current Soft-Cap Iso total is 5,496,172. Progress! I'm ahead of where I was two and a half months ago by about 150k Iso!

My Hard-Cap total is 10,965,836. Considering the two 5*s they've introduced since then, I'm not surprised this has gone up by over 2 million. C'est la vie. As I say up there, I'm not going to max them. My opinion on this matter has not changed - I'm not going to max Cho, or Mr. F, or Sue, or any number of the other characters that are meh.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulled a bonehead move and used a sg cover which gave me an antman cover. now i need to get 100k iso in 2 weeks to level him to 270 before the cover expires. might be selling a 2* or two.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    pulled a bonehead move and used a sg cover which gave me an antman cover. now i need to get 100k iso in 2 weeks to level him to 270 before the cover expires. might be selling a 2* or two.

You can get almost all of that just from the 2k daily resupply and completing ddq each day.
  • jredd
    jredd wrote:

You can get almost all of that just from the 2k daily resupply and completing ddq each day.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I think I worked it out about 9 months or so ago that I had spent approx 12 million iso & needed another 4 million or so.

Cant be bothered to look at it again as I have 120 rostered characters
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'm afraid to count. Right now i was working on SW (140) because i have 13 covers and she will be boosted next. Now i've pulled my 13th Mystique (94) cover from a standard token and she will be getting cover 14 next week from DDQ, now i don't know if i should focus on Mystique or SW.... And then i realize that Daken (11 covers, lvl 78) will also be at 13 covers in the next 2 weeks (DDQ and PvP progression). My Storm is also at 10 covers but after EoS she'll be ready to champion as well. My level 106 (4/1/2) Ant-Man also stands a chance on his Clash but may need some iso.

In short, my immediate demmand is so overwhelming that i don't even wanna know how much to fully level my entire roster today.

Edit: I'm actually taking suggetions here.
  • GrimSkald
    jredd wrote:

No, you don't, you really don't. I flush 4* covers all the time - think of just how much he will benefit you as opposed to any other 4*. Ant-Man is a very "meh" character - I actually sold an Ant-Man cover fifteen minutes ago because I have better places to spend the Iso.

You will get one Legendary Token and your Ant-Man will be a whopping 271 - still pretty much useless in PVP (I'll take on a boosted Ant-Man with an unboosted 4* team any day,) and only mildly useful in PVE. It is not worth selling a 2* for this.

That being said, tracking your Iso income for a few weeks is a very useful thing - it will give you an idea how realistic it is to champion a character worth champing. Depending on the time of the week, I can make that in about four days. Regardless, if you have any better 4*s max covered, you would be better served by championing them.
  • Kirinknight
    Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Feel the pain of the iso crunch. Crazy idea that I thought of is they should just convert the points from PVE which are pretty arbitrary to begin with and do a 1:1 change to iso. 200 clears in a week long PVE and scored 80,000 points? Seems worth 80,000 iso to me.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 wrote:
    I'm afraid to count. Right now i was working on SW (140) because i have 13 covers and she will be boosted next. Now i've pulled my 13th Mystique (94) cover from a standard token and she will be getting cover 14 next week from DDQ, now i don't know if i should focus on Mystique or SW.... And then i realize that Daken (11 covers, lvl 78) will also be at 13 covers in the next 2 weeks (DDQ and PvP progression). My Storm is also at 10 covers but after EoS she'll be ready to champion as well. My level 106 (4/1/2) Ant-Man also stands a chance on his Clash but may need some iso.

In short, my immediate demmand is so overwhelming that i don't even wanna know how much to fully level my entire roster today.

Switch, 100% no questions asked , is your top priority. She accelerates purple which is one of the most useful colors in the game and is the engine if one of the best pve teams ever. She is also boosted next week.

After that it's up to you. If you play LRs I would say mystique, storm, then daken but that's personal preference. I think mystique is underrated and that black packs a wallop. The meta has sadly passed by daken but true heal is still very useful at times. Storm is as storm always is. Useful for generating ap with green and not much else.

As for antman you can probably win his ddq around 145 but he is definitely a mid tier situational 4* i would out ISO into mystique and storm before taking him over 145 or so. Just hold onto 30k ISO on his ddq day and spend what you need to spend
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 wrote:

Switch, 100% no questions asked , is your top priority. She accelerates purple which is one of the most useful colors in the game and is the engine if one of the best pve teams ever. She is also boosted next week.

After that it's up to you. If you play LRs I would say mystique, storm, then daken but that's personal preference. I think mystique is underrated and that black packs a wallop. The meta has sadly passed by daken but true heal is still very useful at times. Storm is as storm always is. Useful for generating ap with green and not much else.

As for antman you can probably win his ddq around 145 but he is definitely a mid tier situational 4* i would out ISO into mystique and storm before taking him over 145 or so. Just hold onto 30k ISO on his ddq day and spend what you need to spend

Very insightful, thanks. I agree on Mystique. I really like her and was leaning towards leveling her because i will get her guarantee cover before SW.

What i'm gonna do is keep 30k just in case for Ant-Man and level up SW when at 30+. Followed by Storm (just because by then i'll have 2-3 chapiom covers) > Mystique > Daken.

Iso management is nightmare; thanks again for the imput.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    5.5 mill ISO to max everything I have... 15.5 mil ISO to cap them.

*shrug*

So what? D3 knows what they're doing, of you "finish" the game, then what? you'll likely get bored and quit.

Like everyone else, I agree the trickle of ISO is a bit too slow, I would prefer the rewards be doubled for all events, but I'm also a realist. At 600+ days played, I have a very healthy roster, and since switching alliances last year and now well into the 4* transition game.

Impatience breeds frustration... and this game is extremely good at fueling impatience (and frustration).
  • jredd
    GrimSkald wrote:
    jredd wrote:

No, you don't, you really don't. I flush 4* covers all the time - think of just how much he will benefit you as opposed to any other 4*. Ant-Man is a very "meh" character - I actually sold an Ant-Man cover fifteen minutes ago because I have better places to spend the Iso.

You will get one Legendary Token and your Ant-Man will be a whopping 271 - still pretty much useless in PVP (I'll take on a boosted Ant-Man with an unboosted 4* team any day,) and only mildly useful in PVE. It is not worth selling a 2* for this.

That being said, tracking your Iso income for a few weeks is a very useful thing - it will give you an idea how realistic it is to champion a character worth champing. Depending on the time of the week, I can make that in about four days. Regardless, if you have any better 4*s max covered, you would be better served by championing them.

i don't. the only other fully covered 4* is carnage. yay*

*not actually excited...
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    My roster is "worth" almost exactly the same as aesthetocyst. 9991049, to be precise.

I don't know of an easy way to calculate ISO needed for maxing everything, but the last time I worked it out, I came up with 2M for the 3*s and 5-6M for the 4*s (just for the ones that are fully covered; I didn't want to try to work out the incomplete ones). I think the 5*s were a mere million or so (too many covers lacking. And none of those are fully covered but looking for ISO).

Since then, new characters have come out, I've championed a few more 4*s (and maybe one 3*), and I've started leveling up my Surfer. I've also finished covering a few of the newer ones (one Gwen, and a handful each of Winter Soldier and War Machine are still needed). So the number probably hasn't budged noticeably.
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I'm still in 3* land. I have 5 champed, and an number of others at 13 covers. a couple of months ago my problem was not having enough covers for most of my 3* characters to make them useful. Now I have a bunch fully covered but don't have the ISO to level them to a respectable level. The more I read on this forum the more I questioned whether I should even bother leveling any more than the handful of consensus top tier 3*s.

For both their benefit and ours, the developers need to find a way to make us want to collect, level, and use the majority of these characters. I'm not concerned with getting 4*s that much because a bunch of them are considered useless (other than be required in certain PvE), and I have no realistic path to making even the top tier ones useful to me anytime soon. By the time I get a 4* or two covered and leveled, the 5* will have completely made the 4* obsolete. They have essentially cut themselves off at the knees. Why should be interested in the next new "meh" 4* character? Why bother spending the real world money for HP to roster them or ISO to level them? It is in their best interests to give us a reason to want and use these characters other than those that have the OCD "gotta have 'em all" syndrome.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I wish these devs would find it in their hearts and coding chops to tie iso rewards to scaling, either directly or indirectly, so your scaling and your iso would fuel each other in a feedback loop. It would be beautiful. Every players resources growing as they progress.

I whole-heartedly agree. But with a sublte re-wording. Rewards should directly scale with effort invested.

It's disappointing to grind away at a node, basking up against 300+ opponents to get.... 70 ISO :-/ If I spend 30 minutes bashing down a multi-wave fight because the devs added some invis. or self-healer character, I should get VALUE for that... not some useless crit boost, or pittance.

I feel like the effort I put in now is not scaling to the rewards I get.

Case and Point:
    I have a second account on Steam that I (very) rarely play. I'm challenging myself to a capped roster of 20. So I only play when those characters are rewards (maybe once every couple months). With 30 minutes effort, I can place top 10 (a couple times I've pulled off a #1 finish!). Conversely, because I play daily on my mobile account, I can barely scrape together a top 200 finish in PvE - and that's only after hours and hours of grinding. I simply cannot invest the time required to play multiple hours every. single. day.
  • GrimSkald
    edited June 2016
    jredd wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    jredd wrote:

i don't. the only other fully covered 4* is carnage. yay*

*not actually excited...

Carnage is actually noticeably better - when he's boosted he's an absolute monster (no pun intended. Well, maybe somewhat intended.) Otherwise he's an ok deterrent, but not great. You may want to save the Iso for when you have others who are close, or just max out Scott - he actually does work decently with Carnage (not great, I'm afraid, as Carnage tends to clog up the yellow and red you need for Ant-Man's yellow. Also AM's blue is a bit pricey for what it gets you here. Still, it's a decent combo.) You shouldn't have to sell anyone - just play the Lightening rounds and get the seed teams, that's like 20k on Wednesday right there.

I'm sorry to say that while this will probably improve your game, it won't be a quantum leap like maxing out one of the top tier (IMHB, Cyke, JG, Iceman, Rulk.) They're the ones you should be focusing on, if possible.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I'm a weirdo that likes spreadsheets, so I have a pretty comprehensive one. I need ~870K for 3-stars, 1.1M for 4-stars, and ~390K for 5-stars to max them to their current covers. That comes to ~2.4M. I don't think that looking at what it'll take when I get max covers is all that useful for me right now. At my current average ISO gain, it'll take me about 169 days to max out what I've got. That, of course, assumes I get nothing new, but it's interesting to see how that number goes up and down between weeks.

My strategy had been to save up and champion whatever 3-star I want to use the most based on covers I had sitting on my bench. However, I'm pretty much down to some of the least useful 3-stars (Psylocke, Loki, Ragnarok, Mystique, Colossus, Doc Oc, and Sentry). Every other 3-star is champed. So, now that I'm down to characters I don't really care about, I'm trying to get my 4-star guys to the point where they can win their deadpool matches. This current round has been my most successful. I've won all 5 since they started over with Fury. I figure I'll level up whatever 4-star guy is that week's matchup and save what's left to finish championing the last 7 3-stars. It's been a pretty satisfying strategy over the last month or so.

I'm not worried about the moving goal post. It's fun to shoot for crazy goals and then reach them. Like, pretty soon, I'll have all of my 3-stars championed. Having shortish term goals like that give you something to shoot for and feel like you can succeed.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald wrote:
    jredd wrote:

Rude. I actually really like Ant Man.

Steal all of the OML and iron fist/Luke cage tiles.
    I think he is great.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Haven't updated my spreadsheet in a while but I was over 2 million to reach max possible levels for my entire roster a while ago. I've since championed several 3*, so I imagine that's down to around 1.5 million. But I'd have to check.

As it turns out, there have been some 4* added to the game since the last update, and some of my 4* have *gasp* approached usability in the interim as well. So even with the champions I've created, the 2 million has increased slightly to about 2.2 million.

Gained a few 4* covers, spent some ISO leveling a few 4*...current ISO deficit is 2.2 million.

I chuckled.

Also I haven't added the cost to level 5* from 255 to whatever because I ain't touching those until I have, y'know, multiple cover-maxed 4's.