What angers you the most?

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Perhaps not angry, but this deserves a special place in the tinykitty burny place:

Make a quick match 3 to end a fight because the last opponent has 180 health or some nonsense only to have the board cascade into match 4 after match 5 after match 4 into three more match 5s so you have 30 AP in two colors and 15 in two more. Except the match is over now, the time is wasted, and I've lost 70 points from hits... or I've lost a precious 3-4 minutes of grinding to useless cascading.

Anger? Maybe. Frustration? Definitely. Okay... it's anger after all. Absolutely anger.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    A lot of frustrating things to me already mentioned, but since a couple releases ago, the game seems to have an annoying habit of crashing in match. I'll start a match, make one move and then boom, phone resets!

Thing is, it always seems to happen when I'm playing well recharging, which face it, will be often since the time demands on this game is great, thus battery drain is very real. I also happened to replace the battery on my phone around then, so I'm not sure if it's the game that's buggy or my battery is faulty? (Ie overheats when playing MPQ?).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of cascade complaints in this thread. Thought I'd share one...

Against 5* Tony in the recent civil war run and my Charlie's angels team makes my first match, which cascades into match 5, and another and another and another.

I won the match having only 1 turn against a boss character in round 8. There was never a second turn and i was never even scratched.

Somewhere in the d3 servers the AI was screaming "f this tiny kitty! I hate this tiny kitty game!" it was so outrageous I actually felt a bit guilty about it and think twice about complaining about cascades now.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    A lot of cascade complaints in this thread. Thought I'd share one...

Against 5* Tony in the recent civil war run and my Charlie's angels team makes my first match, which cascades into match 5, and another and another and another.

I won the match having only 1 turn against a boss character in round 8. There was never a second turn and i was never even scratched.

Somewhere in the d3 servers the AI was screaming "f this tiny kitty! I hate this tiny kitty game!" it was so outrageous I actually felt a bit guilty about it and think twice about complaining about cascades now.

What occurs more often, what you described, or the computer chaining 3+ times against all odds, like when the computer matches in the corner and it cascades 3 times even though the chances are insanely low?
    Anomaly->regular occurrence

I beat Cap in round 8 without the computer getting a turn. I didn't feel guilty because by that point his regular cascades in other matches more than made up for my once in a lifetime luck.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Getting through a long fight with no cascades ever, and then one the very last match of the game, getting a huge ludicrous cascade that would have shortened the fight enormously at any earlier point.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being placed in veteran brackets, so that my placement rewards are terrible. So... I get punished in placement for doing well in previous outings and building up my roster, while people who barely play get to win first place with scores that are a fraction of my scores???

Sorry I don't bother to score 5000 points per pvp, but I don't think that means I only deserve a handful of Heroic Tokens after grinding away and hitting over 1300 per pvp for a month.

And similar with PVE. I'm sorry but I have no interest in grinding above the max prog of 25 cp... at that point I'm stuck in top 200 or worse, and even if I do many more clears, I still probably won't break top 100. So at that point, why even bother? There are no further progression prizes, and the nodes only give around 70 - 200 iso (or crit boosts), so it doesn't do much to fill up the 350,000 ISO I need to champ a single 4* (and I have around 10+ 4*s that need to be champed, with more on the way).
  • angryelvis
    angryelvis Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Point allocation in PVP. When I lose 40+ points to someone it makes no sense that I can only gain 3 by beating them
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Shielding hopping at some critical point in pvp, I spend some hp to lock in my hard-earned points. Then a few minutes later, a popup tells me I lost those points x2.

AT LEAST TELL ME BEFORE I SHIELD. icon_evil.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Zix wrote:
    Shielding hopping at some critical point in pvp, I spend some hp to lock in my hard-earned points. Then a few minutes later, a popup tells me I lost those points x2.

AT LEAST TELL ME BEFORE I SHIELD. icon_evil.gif

That one is actually fixable, though, if you remember to force the update by checking standings before shielding.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    RNG only progression.

The devs never listening to their userbase (or else my first complaint wouldn't exist).

RNG only progression bears repeating over and over and over.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Myself, when I push my luck.

In close matches I'll hold on to an ability, either to synergize with the attack tiles an ally puts out the next turn or to build AP for a double-tap to stifle true healers. They have to match to get the game-winning benefit, and the best opponent match on the board will leave them with a small amount of health.

Enemy cascades, I'm left with a massive pool of useless AP and two more health pack expenditures if I'm lucky.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I use Daken - Almost no blue on the board, so constant health drain.
    AI uses Daken - 25% of the board seems to be blue and he's firing Chemical Reaction almost non-stop (plus healing).

I use Hulk - Anger gets me (typically) 1 match 3.
    AI uses Hulk - Anger results in at least 1 match 4 and typically cascades.

I use 2* Capt. Marvel - Strategic Command gets me (typically) 0 matches.
    AI uses 2* Capt. Marvel - Strategic Command results in (what else) matches and cascades. Plus, if I have any special tiles on the board, more often than not they are overwritten.

I think you see where I am going with this.

Croaker.

This....especially with Daken and 2* Capt Marvel. Never once has 2* Capt Marvel yellow power been useful for me and I use her fairly often in DDQ. Yeah blue never stops for AI Daken but I can clear rows/columns with match 4's and not a single blue tile will drop...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sad because in addition to my lv 405 oml, I have a decent amount of 5*s with around 4 covers, but I don't dare level them up, because then I'll be placed in the nutso bracket in PVP, only facing off against championed 5*s. So I have these cool characters, but I can't use them to their fullest power! PVE would be so much faster if only I could level them up without it ruining my PVP experience!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Caltrops. Worst ability in the game, especially since they intentionally slowed the game down last year with the health buff.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Having the match in hand, haven't lost much hp, the enemy team is down to 1 match 3s worth of hit points on their final character... And then they use an AE power that hurts my team just enough enough to need health packs.

Jean grey, black panther, Thor, iceman, I'm looking at you!!!
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    What angers me the most is when there's one match available, the enemy's about to get a power off, and that one move puts the fragile character in front.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    This.
    muscle.jpg
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Fighting level 309 Magneto and Hood, 2 of 3 guys wiped, the 3rd gasping for breath, finally get enough TU for Whales and what is my reward???

A Tinykitty standard recruit token!!!! icon_evil.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* rewards from event tokens.

Make them 3* or better FFS.
  • Winning a tough fight where useful matches have been hard to come by. After my last go, just when the victory logo appears, I get myriad cascades which are no longer relevant. Feels almost like I'm being taunted.