What angers you the most?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Speaking strictly in-game here, what makes you the maddest? Obviously everyone hates crazy AI cascades, demonically cruel scaling, etc., but is there a specific in-match thing that makes you madder than any other?

For me it's having my countdown tiles matched away, *especially* IM40's recharge tiles. Even losing one before they resolve makes me use more profanity in the span of a minute than I usually employ over an entire day. A close second is having the AI wait until my Scarlett Witch's countdown is down to one before matching it away.

Also, why don't we have a good :tinykitty: forum icon yet?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor game design.

There's a real wealth of resources in something like MPQ - both in terms of the Marvel IP and the PQ gameplay - and yet it's routinely wasted by immature design choices.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Countdown tiles for me too. Especially when it makes ME match away my countdown tile due to no other matches available. That happens far too often than it should it seems.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNG only progression.

The devs never listening to their userbase (or else my first complaint wouldn't exist).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    SW'S blue messing up your next move, especially when you had a good match four or five ready.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The point in any match where I realize I'm gonna have to use at least two health packs after.

I miss when the glory days when my 3* roster was robust and not scaled out of being useful, and I could use multiple 3* teams to get through stuff. With three (four if I get lucky and one of my L180's is buffed) viable 4*'s, so there's a point in a lot of fights where I know I'm gonna use health packs no matter what happens, and it just takes the wind out of my sails for the rest of the match.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    For me it's having my countdown tiles matched away, *especially* IM40's recharge tiles.

I'll add to that.

There are 3 yellow tiles on the board. They're far away from each other. No way you can match them. You set Recharge going.
    You make your move and...create a 4 you couldn't have predicted that's in line with one of your timers.

And then the AI does that and gets a cascade. you only have one left and it's suddenly able to be matched. You take a chance, maybe they won't match it?.
    They match it.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Puce Moose wrote:
    For me it's having my countdown tiles matched away, *especially* IM40's recharge tiles.

I'll add to that.

There are 3 yellow tiles on the board. They're far away from each other. No way you can match them. You set Recharge going.
    You make your move and...create a 4 you couldn't have predicted that's in line with one of your timers.

And then the AI does that and gets a cascade. you only have one left and it's suddenly able to be matched. You take a chance, maybe they won't match it?.
    They match it.

That's actually the more preferred outcome. I'm more infuriated by IM40 being stunned for one measly countdown tile.

Though 1 countdown tile going off and netting you AP is supposed to be better than none, I find it far more annoying if he gets stunned for 1 tile
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally **** and highly unlikely cascades. I play 1 match with Juggernaut and 1-2 with Storm every single day and I can tell you that destroying a big bunch of tiles with their green abilities get me ONE additional match around 30% of times, 2 around 10% of times and a cascade of matches around 2-5%. On the other hand the kind of cascades that the AI gets from removing or changing one or two tiles are constant and ridiculous. The most infuriating ones are caused by a goon's countdown going off, removing that tile, causing one new tile to drop down and "coincidentally" make a 3-match that causes another 3-match, that causes a 4-match vertically clearing a row, that causes two three matches, that causes a 5-match, which critical tile causes another 5 match, intro three 3-matches and so it goes. And the turn just started so the AI can use all that AP straight away.

Blah blah confirmation bias but this uncannily seems to happen more certainly when you are one turn away from killing the opponent and had until then lost very little health. By the time it's your turn again, you need one or two healthpacks.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    right now: wave nodes. and specifically, when you beat the first wave, and the first thing that happens on the second wave is the other team fires off 5-7 abilities with all the stored up ap and ruins your team.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    My own accidental cascade making a 5-match, when I'm playing against Jean Grey.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    PvP in general

Randomness of progression. I hit a brick wall when trying to progress from 1-star characters to 2-stars. I have two 3-cover 3stars, one 3-cover 4 star, yet the only 2-star with decent amount of covers is Black Widow so most of the time I'm still using my IM35. Really frustrating.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    My own accidental cascade making a 5-match, when I'm playing against Jean Grey.

This, all day erry day.

The AI's uncanny ability to launch into a cascade of Biblical proportions every single time I transform OML, resulting in his immediate death and maybe one strike left behind.

Scarlet Witch clearly trolling me with her consistently as-bad-as-it-can-possibly-be countdown placement.

My own inability to remember not to make match-4s when fighting Loki, despite being past day 300 and having done this stupid **** literally hundreds of times.

My own crippling dependence on IM40. I have a problem, man.

My own overuse of Jean Grey which gives me this moment of confusion when I'm not using her and the AI makes a match 5. Like, why didn't it stu- ohhhh.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Moves that don't do what they say in the description. A couple examples:

-Scarlet Witch's countdown going into the corner, making it impossible to change 5 tiles
    -2* Magneto's red being too close to the edge, making it impossible to take out a 5x5 area

There are definitely more, but these two drive me freaking nuts.
  • Faklaw
    Faklaw Posts: 5
    Opening 10 tokens and getting 9 moonstones and one vision.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Faklaw wrote:
    Opening 10 tokens and getting 9 moonstones and one vision.
    But Vision is crazy broken amazing currently and champion levels give out 4*Cyclops covers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    right now: wave nodes. and specifically, when you beat the first wave, and the first thing that happens on the second wave is the other team fires off 5-7 abilities with all the stored up ap and ruins your team.

Perhaps a change of strategy will restore your equanimity. Off the last character with a match-5 if you can, a power if you can't. They'll still have the AP, but you'll at least get the first shot in the next wave.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    The thing making me most annoyed at the game? Opening more than 400 Legendary Tokens (Latest + Classic) for a total of just 20 5* covers.

A close second, forgetting that I'm fighting JG and making a 5-match.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    If 90% of my posts in the last few months haven't made it clear, I hate the new PvP matchmaking system for consistently screwing my 3 star roster over. I'm never going to be in a competitive alliance again because I can't make any points when likely 90% of the people I see have rosters that are better than mine (i.e. usable 4 and 5 stars).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I get damaged for more than 5% of my health.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going through a tough PVE match and getting rewarded with a critical boost. Why d3 thinks this is a worth while boost for the majority of players boggles my mind. How about boost damage to all or AP boost to all. O how about some ISO instead!!!