What angers you the most?

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    My own fault mind you for waiting to the last moment, but....

Dedicating roughly my whole day yesterday trying to get to 2k points in the Simulator and not being able to stay above 1900 points, much less getting Drax. Seriously, I was playing for almost 10 hours yesterday, all said and done, even tried shield hopping.

Last 3 new character releases have been fails for me. Had everyone up to Drax, this was my opportunity (!) and I failed. Now to depend on randomosity, which has never been good to me.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    matthatter wrote:
    My own fault mind you for waiting to the last moment, but....

Dedicating roughly my whole day yesterday trying to get to 2k points in the Simulator and not being able to stay above 1900 points, much less getting Drax. Seriously, I was playing for almost 10 hours yesterday, all said and done, even tried shield hopping.

Last 3 new character releases have been fails for me. Had everyone up to Drax, this was my opportunity (!) and I failed. Now to depend on randomosity, which has never been good to me.

I learned a while ago to get the 2000 points at least a week before season end. I used zero shields. Yeah but it angers that I went from shield pts 2000 to 1300 to end the season. I am still in 3-4* transition and was seeing all these crazy 5* the last three days of the season. I was hoping for a better season rank. I even did teenage riot on slice 1 as to avoid being hit constantly on slice 5 due to people wanting to rank up in the season.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    When I use Daken - Almost no blue on the board, so constant health drain.
    AI uses Daken - 25% of the board seems to be blue and he's firing Chemical Reaction almost non-stop (plus healing).

I use Hulk - Anger gets me (typically) 1 match 3.
    AI uses Hulk - Anger results in at least 1 match 4 and typically cascades.

I use 2* Capt. Marvel - Strategic Command gets me (typically) 0 matches.
    AI uses 2* Capt. Marvel - Strategic Command results in (what else) matches and cascades. Plus, if I have any special tiles on the board, more often than not they are overwritten.

I think you see where I am going with this.

Croaker.
  • championwo
    championwo Posts: 1
    The long times it takes for a character to fire his power. What I mean is when a character fires it's power, you get a worded graphic followed by an animation of the character firing or posing, then finally the damage occurs to your team.

I wish there was a way to turn off all those animations. They can add anywhere from a minute to a few minutes per turn (depending on who you're facing, and how far along you are in the battle). Pretty unnessassary.

If there was an option to turn those off and just have the worded graphic appear, it would be great. I'm sure that most of us experianced players would benefit from it
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I get damaged for more than 5% of my health.

I'm quoting this simply because it's a brilliant response that didn't get nearly as many upvotes as it deserved.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    champion reward for 3* hulk is that **** hulk thingy.

this made me really angry.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Right now? Buffed 5* in PVP.

LOATHING IT.
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Super-scaled Hood with goons that

1.) Feed Hood, who doesn't need to be faster since the AI will force you to grab at least a few black and yellow that he will steal.
    2.) Drop massive strike tiles
    3.) Have abilities that destroy the tiles that could be used to match away the strike tiles (or the tiles creating them for that matter)
    4.) Are all AOE, so you can't even sacrifice a character to protect the other one that stands a chance.

Especially when all this is combined with Bullseye so that you can't even do match damage. Why bother playing if you're not allowed to cast powers, can't kill things with matches, and the goons basically go off immediately thanks to Intimidate?
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Thick as Thieves PVE. With high level goons and Bullseye in the same battle. I sure enjoy getting making a match for 1 damage on goons that have 10K+ health. Meanwhile, they get to drop multiple 700 + strength strike tiles. Yay my team is dead and I'm bored.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Lack of game design.

So far the game is a repetition of enemy nodes with a few sprinkles of wave nodes and as a lonely actual puezle game Galactus boss fight. Adding new characters of enemies does not alter gameplay in any significant way (except diluting the character token pool).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having to sell covers of un-champed characters, low level rewards and lack of iso are some of the things that bug me. But what really gets me is when the enemy team uses a power that feeds into another power, like 3* thor or juggs/storm. The enemy using 2 or 3 or even 4 - 5 abilities in one turn makes me want to crush my phone sometimes. I just sit there and wait for the beating to end.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Having to sell covers of un-champed characters, low level rewards and lack of iso are some of the things that bug me. But what really gets me is when the enemy team uses a power that feeds into another power, like 3* thor or juggs/storm. The enemy using 2 or 3 or even 4 - 5 abilities in one turn makes me want to crush my phone sometimes. I just sit there and wait for the beating to end.

Haha, basically both of these. I'm finally going to get my first champed three star this week but I've already sold one extra cover and have two more at 7 days (4/5/3) and 14 days (2/5/2) on the vine.

Also enemy cascades. Had a Daken match cascade into a 5, into a 5, into a 5 and kill my Storm before he was done yesterday and end up wiping my team now that he had infinite blue to use every turn. I know I've had turn one 5-matches cascade into several others but it feels nowhere as good as the opponent doing it feels bad.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Seeing a board with 5-6 blue or green or yellow or whatever color, none of which are immediately matchable, yet thanks to the existence of minions I'm routinely hit with Twin Pistols/Technopathic Strike/Deadly Precision. And I cannot play denial the way I can against 3 tile movers.

I've (angrily, with profanity) accepted the board will be random and cascade swings can change the momentum of the match. But to give them unlimited AP without the A.I. actually putting in the effort to collect it, or the game giving me a reasonable chance at stopping them, is not good game design. It's infuriating. It speaks tones about how the developers see challenge when this kind of design has been a staple in every story event aside from Gauntlets, Simulators and the boss events.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Any feeder node in PvE. Ares, Hood, Doom, etc shouldn't be able to just go hog wild like that.

Putting multiple goon countdown titles in unmatchable areas. When there's a threaten in one corner and a tommy gun in a another with neither having a chance to be matched, I know I'm going to end the match pissed off.

Being attacked by 4-5* teams in a PvP, when I'm only running 3*s. Meanwhile I'm only able to line up fully leveled 3* and rarely anything under.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    2 things.. An opponent with 5 health left is able to kill you off.... Surely if they started at 12,000+ at just 5 they wouldn't even be able to pick up a weapon let alone use it!!!

The other is muscle goons threaten ability... Playing a level 207 places 2 791 strike tiles on the board... One minor cascade wiped you - it's rubbish!!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    When I collect a certain color very early on for a strong attack and that color magically stops dropping until the match is lopsided one way or the other and it's irrelevant.

When I'm playing Dr Doom because I know only black, purple and blue are going to drop "randomly".

When the computer is down to one, that one becomes Rambo and starts firing off powers pretty much every round.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Spending a Legendary Token in the hopes of receiving any one of the many covers I want/need, only to pull a Cho, or a Mr. Fantastic, or a Star-Lord. That just pisses me off to no end. These characters are awful and should be removed from the game.

My rate of acquiring legendary tokens isn't particularly fast, so when I get one, I want it to mean something.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Getting hit with a power the move prior to winning a match. Got lvl 250 Ares down to 250 health... SUNDER
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    What is up with Red Hulk? Every 3 round in PvE the computer has a Red Hulk Team-Up.

Bad enough he keeps sucking up all my green, I've NEVER had a Red Hulk team-up in my LIFE and the computer is just rubbing it in! icon_e_sad.gif

Who is this guy PLAYING?
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Moon Roach wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    right now: wave nodes. and specifically, when you beat the first wave, and the first thing that happens on the second wave is the other team fires off 5-7 abilities with all the stored up ap and ruins your team.

Perhaps a change of strategy will restore your equanimity. Off the last character with a match-5 if you can, a power if you can't. They'll still have the AP, but you'll at least get the first shot in the next wave.

Actually the Best strategy I've found is use 2* Black Widow to suck all the tiles out of the other team's bank before killing the last guy. When it works you not only keep the above from happening but YOU get to chain attack the next wave. This is why you should have picked Iron Man's team. LOL