Rest in peace LivingLegend

13»

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    He was legendary phoenix.
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    condolences to his family and friends. i'd only seen his name in passing on here and didn't have any direct communication, but it is always rough when a community looses a beloved icon.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor wrote:
    This just came in from his family.

Hi everyone. It's been a difficult time as you can imagine. I just wanted to update you because it seems my brother was well loved. He officially passed around 7am PST. He was meeting my mom and I for a late dinner in an early celebration to his graduation this Friday when he was in a car accident. Since he was sick with mono, he was taking aspirin, which has a side effect of thinning the blood. So when he started to hemorrage in his brain, there was nothing that could be done. He also wrote a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) medical directive a while back. I guess even if he did survive, he didn't want to live that kind of life.

My brother had a weird obsession with teeth, but that's what I knew would make him a great dentist. Having read so many messages about him, it seems he affected people greatly online as he did offline as well. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

sorry for your loss... this is what makes me worry when im taking aspirin.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    *Pours one out for LivingLegend* Another one leaves us much too soon - rest in peace.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    My condoleances to Livinglegend's family. May he rest in peace.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Goodbye mate,i enjoyed hunting with you in the brief time i got to know u.a legend in game and in life.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    LL was part of our alliance officially for several seasons, and stayed to hang out with us long after he moved on to X-Men and other parts after. Regardless of his formal allegiance, we always considered him a part of our alliance family. He was a fountain of good advice and fun guy to have around. He'll be sorely missed by all of us.
  • wamanazai
    wamanazai Posts: 8
    my condolences to his family and friends.
  • SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I had the same thoughts too Miztiq but keep in mind all this information is being relayed directly from LLs brother from LLs line account to various rooms that Legend was in. I'm willing to give the medical benefit of the doubt based on the stress he must be under and maybe not quite understanding everything being told to him. I can't imagine losing one of my brothers and running at 100%.

This being said - this has hit me pretty hard. Another amazing talented young person, lost. I really don't have any words to convey my feelings. I'm going to miss my friend.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some posts were removed from this thread because they were determined to be off topic and inappropriate. There was concern from one of our members that people could be potentially misinformed about the effects of aspirin and other anticoagulants and to that point we ask that you consult your doctor or a medical professional about such matters.

We ask that you please use this thread to pay your respects to Living Legend.

Thank you.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_cry.gif My condolences to his family and his friends. Things like this always made me think we should live as legends because you know legends never die.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Reading this thread just made me nauseous. So many chats with him, such a generous and kind individual.
    So very sad.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I never got the opportunity to interact with him or anything and judging off the replies from others I would have been fortunate to have had the chance.

My deepest condolences to his family and his friends he had made in MPQ.
  • D3P2K5
    D3P2K5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    You were one of few who knew how to work a roster and a pioneer bake master. I'm privileged to have graced your presence; you will not be forgotten LL.

Rest now friend.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    My condolences to his family and his friends.
    It is terrible news.
    I saw him sometimes in PVE but didnt meet personally.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I will miss you LivingLegend you were a great member of the Xmen.
    Our top three alliances have temporarily changed our names to give you a tribute.

You will be missed.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Sorry to hear this terrible news. My condolences.
    May he rest in peace.