Rest in peace LivingLegend

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Long time mpq player and all around great guy livinglegend was in a car accident yesterday and is not expected to make it past the next few hours. He will be missed by many.

Comments

• Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    That's terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Legend: Sorry I hit you when playing drunk on Dec.4 last year... and thanks again for your forgiveness. I hope you recover and come back and bake more..
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Truly sad news icon_e_sad.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My condolences to his friends and family very sad news
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very sad to hear this.
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    So sad to hear this. LL was in our alliance for a little bit and stayed in our Line chatroom. Always could count on him for great advice and strategies. So sorry to hear this news.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    LL was truly one of the good ones. He was always there to give advice to lower rosters, and even though he left us long ago for Xmen, he'd always look out for us, even when he started sniping. Terrible news. He'll be missed.
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    LL was very helpful to me with my multitude of questions when I started my pvp journey only a few months ago...I am very saddened to hear that he is gone.

I don't know how but I would lIke to start an in season memorial...can we alter our ign or would it have to be an alliance name?
  • corytutor
    I've created a temporary tribute alliance called 4ulivinglegend.

Many are also changing line tags etc.

There's talk of a second tribute alliance as well. He had many friends.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wrote something, but the boards ate it. I don't know if I can bring myself to write it again. So I'll just write this.

You earned your name buddy. I never did get to tell you that, but all those times I gave you grief for "stealing my name", I was secretly proud of the player you'd become.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very sad news, long time players become like family in this game.
  • Imatchthree
    Imatchthree Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    May you RIP icon_e_sad.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    That's terrible news. LL has always been a great guy to play with.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    That's really sad news. My thoughts go out to the family and friends.
  • ****?! Ive been retired and just saw this...this is truly sad...very sad....we talked so much on line and i cant even process this...i hope u reover soon!! My prayers are with u and ur family
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Aw, jeez. I'll hope for the best. My condolences to his friends and family.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Has there been any news?
  • corytutor
    Non yet. His family says that he has a do not resuscitate order so it's not likely he will pull through. He is on medication that has complicated his injuries due to the side effects of it thinning his blood and that has prevented the medical staff from being able to operate as needed. It isn't looking good.
  • corytutor
    This just came in from his family.

Hi everyone. It's been a difficult time as you can imagine. I just wanted to update you because it seems my brother was well loved. He officially passed around 7am PST. He was meeting my mom and I for a late dinner in an early celebration to his graduation this Friday when he was in a car accident. Since he was sick with mono, he was taking aspirin, which has a side effect of thinning the blood. So when he started to hemorrage in his brain, there was nothing that could be done. He also wrote a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) medical directive a while back. I guess even if he did survive, he didn't want to live that kind of life.

My brother had a weird obsession with teeth, but that's what I knew would make him a great dentist. Having read so many messages about him, it seems he affected people greatly online as he did offline as well. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor wrote:

He was meeting my mom and I for a late dinner in an early celebration to his graduation this Friday when he was in a car accident.

That was absolutely brutal to read.