Characters you don't expect to ever get

Options
13»

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Iron Patriot; remember when Demiurge were going to finish the Dark Reign story?

I actually thought for sure Green Goblin was going to be Iron Patriot instead. And he'd come with a new Prologue chapter.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Spider-Woman; much like Namor, her chequered past would make her a great addition to MPQ since she could be used to pad out both heroes and villains for different events. Her appearance in almost every other Marvel game makes her omission in MPQ all the more stark. I really don't know whether to expect her or not. Surely she's more deserving of a place in the game than a decent number of characters that are included, but we've already had a relatively recent run on Spider- characters (I know she's not directly related to Peter's stories, but she does have Spider in her name) and at the rate we're going through the 4* tier, her best bet may be making an appearance at the 5* tier, which currently seems a little odd.
    Actually didn't even think of Spider-Woman, I even asked for her in the last character survey. I've actually been super into her comics lately. Oddly enough Jessica might be one character that feels like has 'powered down' as she went on, going from Avenger to street-level PI (Though I guess Ant-Man is kind of in the same boat currently). While I could certainly see her as a 4* as she was as an Avenger (I could see her as something like a 4* OBW), as she is currently I find it hard to see her as anything higher then a 3*.
    Mawtful wrote:
    M.O.D.O.K. + A.I.M.; this goes a little hand-in-hand with Spider-Woman, since it gives her a whole team of adversaries that she can be fighting against regardless of whether she's fighting for Hydra or Avengers. It would also allow for a bunch of goons categorised by their hilarious ineptitude. I honestly don't have high expectations. These guys haven't appeared in the MCU. (has there even been an easter egg reference?)
    M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. would be awesome. AIM was always my absolute favorite of the generic evil organizations and they they would be super fun to play against (and more variation would never hurt). I actually could really see M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. both making it to the game eventually one day. If they do it I would also love to see Monica Rappaccini added too (like as a named NPC like Gorgon), but that I see less likely to happen.
    But now that I think about it, we don't even have HYDRA in the game yet, do we? That's actually pretty bizarre.
    Mawtful wrote:
    Iron Patriot; remember when Demiurge were going to finish the Dark Reign story?
    This one I clamored for for ages, when I first started playing I even thought it might have had a chance for being the first villain 4*, it's easy to see why they never did it though. It's no surprise that the MCU runs this game more then the comics these days (despite the out-dated 'Dark Reign' story theme) and the MCU Iron Patriot is a whole different thing then the comic one...
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let's see. Taskmaster, for sure.

Gambit. Rogue. Nightcrawler.

We need far more villains. I want MODOK, Mr. Sinister, Fin Fang Foom, Sabretooth, and Baron Zemo.

I've wanted Hercules ever since I saw they were putting Cho in.

Namor.

And (sorry folks) I really want a 5* Sentry. He's one of my favorite characters, and his 3* version sucks and was nerfed.

Maybe A-Bomb, too, may as well toss a few more Hulks around.

edit: Oh, could add a few more SHIELD agents, too. Yeah, a lot of them don't have super powers, but they're still pretty cool. Coulson, Maria Hill. Friggin' Mockingbird...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doop.

Doop?

Doop.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Elixir icon_e_sad.gif

They just had to make it OML instead. :/
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Cable, but he'll probably show up with the second Deadpool movie.

For the rest, I'd like some villains! Vulture, Chameleon, Sabretooth, Kraven, Electro, something to fight other than the current villains (if for no other reason so we can finally put them in our team!)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One from left but totally awesome mutant power... Armor.

Female, cool power and not yet another repeat of of the wolverine, spidey iron man brigade (seriously well have more iron men than iron man soon)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killraven

All of Nextwave

D-Man

Nomad (#11 was a personal favourite) (why isn't this series in Marvel Unlimited?!?)

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)

Cerebus
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doop.

Doop?

Doop.

They could've had Dead Girl, but instead we got Phoenix.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since Spider-Gwen opened the door for more characters not in 616, I would like Ororo of Themyscira (Earth-9602).
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    M.O.D.O.K. + A.I.M.; this goes a little hand-in-hand with Spider-Woman, since it gives her a whole team of adversaries that she can be fighting against regardless of whether she's fighting for Hydra or Avengers. It would also allow for a bunch of goons categorised by their hilarious ineptitude. I honestly don't have high expectations. These guys haven't appeared in the MCU. (has there even been an easter egg reference?)

While M.O.D.O.K. doesn't exist in the MCU as far as I know, A.I.M. does. It's the company Killian is trying to recruit Stark for in the beginning of Iron Man 3. Stark also wears a shirt with the logo on it when he's captured.

I think it was mentioned in passing in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but have no idea if it survived the movie in light of the events that occurred.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sure it has been said before but it bears repeating: Multiple Man! One of my favorite characters from the comics but also one of the most underutilized characters in the cinematic universe.

Also, The Watcher. 1hp, but permanent invisibility.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This game needs more villains that are also playable.

We already have Thor and Loki.

My vote: the Wrecking Crew. Bring in Wrecker, Piledriver, Thunderball, and Bulldozer.

They could be fun to face as bruisers in a Doom-centric PVE too. Well, maybe as fun as Juggernaut is now... take that for what it's worth!

Edit: Thinking about it, this would make for a fun player-side event. Play as the Wrecking Crew guided by Doom against Asgard and the Avengers, kind of like Prodigal Sun, but without the Dark Avengers for a change!
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's weird to think how adding villains adds so much more story possibilities, but then I guess that's also partially due to the fact we already have so many heroes.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NEGASONIC TEENAGE WARHEAD.

(Is she even in the comics, or did they make her up for Deadpool? I honestly don't know)
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    I think all of these are ripe with potential for fun/innovative gameplay mechanics:

5 Star Villains:
    Apocalypse
    Onslaught

4 Stars:
    Moon Knight
    Cloak & Dagger
    Danger
    Goblin Queen
    Master Mold
    Arcade
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor