Characters you don't expect to ever get

Options
SpecSpecter
SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So going through the Hulk PvE and running into Venom always makes me think of the bitter disappointment I have with the 4* Venom. Nothing really wrong with him necessarily, but more just his presence in the game basically eliminates the chances of one of my current favorite comic characters of getting in the game; that being Agent Venom. I mean, I understand their wish to go with the original Venom for their 4* version to go along with the 1* off-brand Venom, but Flash as Venom is just all around so much cooler (and not to mention modernly relevant as he has been and still currently is Venom for years now).

I always like to see how people view the characters in the game rather then just what the characters can do, is there anyone that you would love to see in the game but absolutely don't expect to see?
Like maybe they are just too 'small' for this 4*-5* world MPQ is currently in or even simpler maybe just too obscure. Maybe they used to be big in the Marvel world but has long since had any strong relevance (insert any number of X-Men here). Thoughts?

Comments

• DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Basically a bunch of less popular X-Men/mutants. I'd love to see characters like Marrow, Sunspot, Banshee, M, Jubilee, Magik, Morph, Blink... but let's be realistic here icon_e_wink.gif I'm at least still hoping for Rogue, Angel/Archangel, Gambit, Bishop, Emma Frost as they are a bit bigger.

EDIT: Oh, and Sabertooth!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agent Venom is bizarre to me.
    I know nothing about him, but was the point to make a 90s Venom character? Because he feels very, very 90s.

But to answer your questions, I've been quietly hoping for Rescue for a while now. I doubt it'll ever happen unless they bring her back into the comics.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For longest time, I've wanted a bone claw Wolverine, (I know, please not another one). But unless they make him a 1*, I just don't see him joining mpq. Of course, I wouldn't mind a 1* Logan. Might as well have one since we got 2, 3, 4 and 5* versions. What's one more gonna hurt? Plus I really like the bone claws.

Also would love to see, but not holding my breath, a Prof. X. in his yellow hover chair. But he must have an ability like Fury's Avengers Assemble. Only with Xmen.

JJ
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm expecting that I'll never ever see Man Thing. Especially since Howard the Duck was introduced in his book and Howard is now in the game but he's not. At least Ghost Rider is in; one out of two childhood favorites isn't too bad.
  • Cartoon Face
    Cartoon Face Posts: 103
    Options
    Optimus Prime
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like more gay characters. I think we have a few bi characters, but I want more! More!!! Please icon_e_smile.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also would love to see, but not holding my breath, a Prof. X. in his yellow hover chair. But he must have an ability like Fury's Avengers Assemble. Only with Xmen.
    Call it "To me my X-Men!".

I think we all know who I want in the game...

Dazzler.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    edited May 2016
    Options
    edited after some others came in mind/read from others
    bluecrit.png Cable
    bluecrit.png Gambit
    bluecrit.png Fantomex
    bluecrit.png Hyperion
    bluecrit.png Black Knight
    bluecrit.png Man Thing
    bluecrit.png Black Bolt
    bluecrit.png Namor
    bluecrit.png Hercules
    bluecrit.png Taskmaster

honestly it's becoming a wishlist (apart from the Fox-owned mutants) icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jubilee (vampire)
    Ego, The Living Planet
    Enchantress
    Nova Dog (from Secret Wars: Infinity Gauntlet) - he rocked!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could do with some Inhumans (sorry, Quake). This probably means Crystal or Medusa, but I really just want Lockjaw.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The ones i will probably never see:
    Beta Ray Bill (AWESOME!!!! If I could choose only one bizarre char, it would be this), Rom (Spaceknight), Annihilus, Diablo, Dragon Man, Cannonball, Modok, Vulture, The Leader, Sauron, Corsair (and the Starjammers)

Too hard to fit:
    Surtur, Hela, Dormammu, Uatu the Watcher, Willie Lumpkin

Perhaps one day...
    Lizard, Jubilee, Dazzler, Kitty Pride, Banshee, Kaos

The ones shockingly missing
    Nightcrawler, Apocalypsis (maaaaybe coming soon?), Cable, Gambit, Bishop, Red Skull

Special group
    Inhuman royal family (Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton and for Stan Lee's sake, BLACK BOLT!)

I know I am missing lots...
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think that D3 needs to stop sticking with characters from the MCU. It's very upsetting that we will not be getting an Apocalypse event around the movie, but instead we get another Civil war, with War Machine as new champ. Sorry but Marvel Studios and Sony need to set aside whatever up their butts about who owns what and just settle things. makes me wonder if we will ever see any more X-men at all. Starting to think not.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Robocop.

I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't have current rights to him, but I have a comic from way back when where he shot at dinosaurs. That would make for a great Clash of Titans. Robocop vs Devil Dino. For the soul of Detroit!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vulture
    Kraven The Hunter
    Mysterio
    Rhino

Spiderman 2099

I can't see any of the above coming to the game unless they start introducing new 1,2 and 3 stars. It'd be nice to flesh out some of the villains in the game especially for PVE. Anyone else tired of fighting Venom, Daken, Moonstone, Bullseye and Ares?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For longest time, I've wanted a bone claw Wolverine, (I know, please not another one). But unless they make him a 1*, I just don't see him joining mpq. Of course, I wouldn't mind a 1* Logan. Might as well have one since we got 2, 3, 4 and 5* versions. What's one more gonna hurt? Plus I really like the bone claws.

I would actually love to see 1* Logan be from the original weapon X story, just a naked hairy dude running around with a computer on his head. It would make his animations hilarious (and probably NSFW).
    Philly484 wrote:
    I think that D3 needs to stop sticking with characters from the MCU. It's very upsetting that we will not be getting an Apocalypse event around the movie, but instead we get another Civil war, with War Machine as new champ. Sorry but Marvel Studios and Sony need to set aside whatever up their butts about who owns what and just settle things. makes me wonder if we will ever see any more X-men at all. Starting to think not.

Apocalypse is so tailored to an event boss (his sub nodes are against Horseman) it is a crime there's not something planned. Given they won't even give the mutants an X-men affiliation, I'm not holding my breath it will change.

And because the Inhumans have been dropped from the Marvel Studios schedule, we probably won;t see any of them unless they show up on Agents of SHIELD. But I'm really tired of them in the comics lately so Lockjaw is the only one I'll actually miss.
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'd like more gay characters. I think we have a few bi characters, but I want more! More!!! Please icon_e_smile.gif

I am surprised we haven't seen more of the Young Avengers in here, at least. It's just Iceman and Mystique right now, isn't it?

I second the choices of Beta Ray Bill, Emma Frost and Agent Venom (I always hated the original Eddie Brock version anyway - terrible character & motivation). And Sabertooth, too. Weird that Wolverine's main nemesis is something that we "never expect to see" now, despite being in a game where the GORGON made the cut.

As for beloved C-listers from the Marvel comics universe, I'd love Absorbing Man, Hercules ("The Gift! The Gift!") Adam Warlock, Monica Rambeau, or any of the Sinister Six. And if we must have more variants: Superior Spiderman or the Maestro.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Philly484 wrote:

Fox, not Sony. Sony owns the Spider-Man franchise, and they're already playing nice with Marvel. Marvel and Fox have a much more acrimonious relationship.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    If they ever make new 3 Star Characters I can see Agent Venom being released. He'd be perfect for that tier.

As for me, I'd love a Scarlet Spider, The newer Kaine Version. It probably won't happen though because he's too similar to Spider Man.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    For kind of obscure characters my top pick would be:
    Moon Knight

For the Norse gods:
    Warriors Three (Especially Fandarel)
    Sif
    Enchantress

For the Guardians:
    Yondu
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cloak and Dagger. They could make them separate like Fist and Cage and work really well together, or merge them into a Rocket and Groot double character. Either way would be fun (though my roster slots would prefer the second option.)

A new x-men villain: Blob.

And Namor, The Sub-Mariner! We need this guy to ring in the overhaul of bag-lady.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Cloak and Dagger. They could make them separate like Fist and Cage and work really well together, or merge them into a Rocket and Groot double character. Either way would be fun (though my roster slots would prefer the second option.)

Cloak and Dagger are my real answer, but I think there's a non-zero chance that they might show up given that they've got a greenlit TV series coming up on the former ABC Family channel.