***** Captain America (First Avenger) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in Character Details
Captain America (First Avenger) icon_captainamericapng
5 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 49845 Tile Damage: 615/547/478/78/72/66/4.0x
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes - 13 yellowtilepng AP
    United we stand! Captain America calls his allies to his side to defend freedom. Creates 5 1-turn Countdown tiles, each with different effects. Falcon rallies to protect, Hawkeye prepares to stun, Ant-Man readies an attack, Scarlet Witch conjures a spell, and Winter Soldier draws his weapon. Ends the turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Yellow and Red Countdowns are improved Level 3: Green and Purple Countdowns are improved. Level 4: Yellow and Red Countdowns are improved. Level 5: Green, Purple, and Blue Countdowns are improved.
    Countdown tiles
    Level 1 -
    - Yellow - Falcon swoops across the battlefield, deflecting incoming attacks with his wings. He places 2 strength 258 Yellow Protect tiles.
    - Red - Winter Soldier steadies his rifle and fires off a shot dealing 1441 damage.
    - Purple - Ant-Man summons a swarm of ants into the fray! Places a strength 163 Purple Attack tile.
    - Blue - Hawkeye fires off an electric arrow, stunning a random enemy for 1 turn.
    - Green - Scarlet Witch rends spacetime, dealing 598 damage to the enemy team.
    Level 2 -
    - Yellow - Falcon swoops across the battlefield, deflecting incoming attacks with his wings. He places 2 strength 299 Yellow Protect tiles.
    - Red - Winter Soldier steadies his rifle and fires off a shot dealing 2012 damage.
    Level 3 -
    - Purple - Ant-Man summons a swarm of ants into the fray! Places a strength 177 Purple Attack tile.
    - Green - Scarlet Witch rends spacetime, dealing 707 damage to the enemy team.
    Level 4 -
    - Yellow - Falcon swoops across the battlefield, deflecting incoming attacks with his wings. He places 2 strength 339 Yellow Protect tiles.
    - Red - Winter Soldier steadies his rifle and fires off a shot dealing 2311 damage.
    Level 5 -
    Purple - Ant-Man summons a swarm of ants into the fray! Places 2 strength 190 Purple Attack tiles.
    Blue - Hawkeye fires off an electric arrow, stunning a random enemy for 2 turns.
    Green - Scarlet Witch rends spacetime, dealing 815 damage to the enemy team.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Green and Purple Countdowns are improved. Level 4: Yellow and Red Countdowns are improved. Level 5: Green, Purple, and Blue Countdowns are improved.
    Countdown Tiles Max Level
    Yellow - Falcon swoops across the battlefield, deflecting incoming attacks with his wings. He places 2 strength 1366 Yellow Protect tiles.
    Red - Winter Soldier steadies his rifle and fires off a shot dealing 9291 damage.
    Purple - Ant-Man summons a swarm of ants into the fray! Places 2 strength 765 Purple Attack tiles.
    Blue - Hawkeye fires off an electric arrow, stunning a random enemy for 2 turns.
    Green - Scarlet Witch rends spacetime, dealing 3280 damage to the enemy team.

Shield Bash - 9 redtilepng AP
    Shield raised, Steve charges forward, deflecting incoming projectiles and smacking his enemy where it hurts. Deals 1496 damage to the target and creates 1 strength 77 Protect tile for each teammate on Team Cap.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1496 damage and creates a strength 118 tiles. Level 3: Deals 1958 damage and creates a strength 118 tiles. Level 4: Deals 1958 damage and creates a strength 160 tiles. Level 5: Deals 2421 damage and creates a strength 118 tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 7870 damage and creates a strength 470 tiles. Level 4: Deals 7870 damage and creates a strength 648 tiles. Level 5: Deals 9729 damage and creates a strength 648 tiles.

Coordinated Offensive - 7 bluetilepng AP
    Everybody to me! New plan - let’s take the fight to them. Removes up to 8 random friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles, then for each removed, deals 354 damage to the target and gives his team a burst of 245 health.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: For each tile removed, deals 394 damage and gives a burst of 273 health. Level 3: For each tile removed, deals 434 damage and gives a burst of 300 health. Level 4: For each tile removed, deals 474 damage and gives a burst of 328 health. Level 5: For each tile removed, deals 514 damage and gives a burst of 355 health.
    Max Level
      Level 3: For each tile removed, deals 1741 damage and gives a burst of 1206 health. Level 4: For each tile removed, deals 1902 damage and gives a burst of 1317 health. Level 5: For each tile removed, deals 2062 damage and gives a burst of 1428 health.

Comments

• Dauthi
      Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
      edited April 2016
      Yellow suffers from trying to do too much, so is watery even if all your tiles get through. For example, it does about 13k damage to one person and 3k damage to the other opponents, that is 19k damage vs Iron Man's red that does 25k damage for only 9 red ap and on a single opponent.

Red/blue could have been so much better without protect tiles and health boosts icon_e_sad.gif I'm not sure what formulas D3 is using to create these abilities, but I wish they would stop over charging for protect tiles and health boosts. Many of the bottom tier characters suffer from having these abilities that just aren't as valuable in game.

I guess it's a no brainer on which team to support, 8k damage per teammate vs 648 protect tile per teammate icon_redface.gif
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Yellow looks like Green Goblin's skill...
      Question: Can you please define what the descriptions mean with numbers? Like what does conjure a spell mean for Scarlet Witch CD tile? How much damage does Ant-Man do at the different cover levels? It is annoying to have to try it out in game to find this information since the skill description doesn't give actual numbers.
    • Cthulhu
      It also takes a ton of time to get all that, I will do my best
    • notamutant
      Okay, Iron Man is clearly the superior character after looking more closely. 24k damage potential with IM red, something like 9k for CA red. I am sure the extra 2k or so of protect tiles will really make up for the 15k damage difference.
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well without knowing what yellow exactly does, I have to say that Steve looks much worse than IM.

Red is quite similar to Phoenix red, blue can theorically do 16k if you have a ton of special tiles on the board, which is a respectable damage, but it needs a lot of build up, which invalidates the low cost of the ability (you really need someone like Nova to make this power shine).
    • Cthulhu
      In order to get that detail I will have to ask the designers for a breakdown. I play the game and get the details that way, for this I fire off the ability, then the opponent matches and before I have a chance to get anything those 1-turn countdown tiles go off. I could easily get the defense tiles, but that's it.

With it maxed though it's very devastating, I can say that.
    • IamTheDanger
      IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
      5 star.png Steve's yellow looks to me like Fury's yellow combined with GG purple. And I love that ability. As much as I love 3 star.png Cap, I'll be going for the new one. The 3 star.png Cap is great. He has damage, Ap generation, stun, protect tiles and over writes enemy tiles. How many other can do all that? But the new 5 star.png Cap looks to be just as good, only in different ways. And that yellow looks sooo fun. Can't wait. I want the new shiny. icon_lol.gif

BUT, how will the tiles be placed? Will it be one of each color or is it possible to cast Steve's yellow and get 5 red CD tiles? Or 2 red, 3 blue?
      JJ
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited April 2016
      Cthulhu wrote:
      In order to get that detail I will have to ask the designers for a breakdown. I play the game and get the details that way, for this I fire off the ability, then the opponent matches and before I have a chance to get anything those 1-turn countdown tiles go off. I could easily get the defense tiles, but that's it.

How long is the stun of hawkeye? The Antman attack is to a single target? Switch spell is also an attack? And bucky is also a normal attack? So 3 attacks, one stun and one protect tile? Is any of the attacks AoE?
    • IamTheDanger
      IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
      manawhite.png
      Cthulhu wrote:

Can you use a team stun on the Ai then use Steve's yellow?
    • notamutant
      Cthulhu wrote:

I guess we have to wait to see what numbers we are talking about here to know how good of a skill it is.
    • Cthulhu
      Yay! Right as I went to ask, they sent hte email to me with the details. Editing the post now with the tile details
    • SolidQ
      SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Yay! Right as I went to ask, they sent hte email to me with the details. Editing the post now with the tile details
      Thanks! And War Machine stats will be today? icon_rolleyes.gif
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, I've always thought that the developers overvalue protect tiles but the comparison between these two characters roughly tells us by how much: 668 worth of protection is apparently equivalent with 8k damage... icon_e_surprised.gif
      SolidQ wrote:
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Thanks! And War Machine stats will be today? icon_rolleyes.gif

Why would they? He won't be released until three weeks from now.
    • Cthulhu
      I will put up war machine sooner then I would normally for a new character. He should be up by tomorrow, but I have a few things to take care of, sorry for delay for him.
    • Der_Lex
      Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cap seems pretty bad. Like possibly the worst 5* yet bad. Meh damage, an overpriced yellow that creates countdowns, and burst healing. A real shame.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cthulhu wrote:
      I will put up war machine sooner then I would normally for a new character. He should be up by tomorrow, but I have a few things to take care of, sorry for delay for him.
      Can you also give an explanation of what a strength tile is? You list attack tiles, strike tiles, protect tiles and now strength tiles. Is this a new type of tile and if so how does it work?
      Inquiring minds want to know.
    • Der_Lex
      Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
      wymtime wrote:
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Can you also give an explanation of what a strength tile is? You list attack tiles, strike tiles, protect tiles and now strength tiles. Is this a new type of tile and if so how does it work?

Assuming you're talking about his red, those are protect tiles. The level descriptions are just phrased weirdly, if you read them as 'strength X' tiles instead of 'X strength' tiles it makes more sense.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Der_Lex wrote:
      wymtime wrote:
      Cthulhu wrote:

Assuming you're talking about his red, those are protect tiles. The level descriptions are just phrased weirdly, if you read them as 'strength X' tiles instead of 'X strength' tiles it makes more sense.
      Thanks my eyes are playing tricks on my trying to read all these powers.
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      Earth's Mightiest Heroes
      Like Drax's Secret Weapon, this is a move that ends the turn with randomly placed CDs, meaning there is a good chance of some being destroyed. The plus side is that they are single turn and 3 of the 5 CDs are amazing and the other 2 are good. Does 19131 total damage (1472/AP) and creates excellent protect tiles. The lesser CDs are random 1-2 turn stun and OK attack tiles. It's something like Green Goblin's Trick or Treat with a little bit of everything instead of a lot of one thing. EMH has little synergy with Green Goblin's passive because they are single turn CDs. Somewhat expensive at 13 AP.
      Very good.

Shield Bash
      A boring damage + protect tile power. The damage is poor for a 5* (1081/AP) and the protect tiles aren't that great either. I assume the damage isn't per Cap teammate (ambiguous clause, please fix).
      Mediocre.

Coordinated Offensive
      Friendly A/P/S tile remover -- a double edged sword. Does up to 2356/AP damage and fake heals the team for up to 4896/AP. OML's Still Sharp does around twice as much damage per tile destroyed but is capped at 4 tiles (but it also has huge base damage). CO is cheap and removes 8 tiles.
      It has synergy with his other two powers. Good to use near the end of a match or as a desperation move for healing.

One of the lower tier 5*s. Tied with IM46 for highest health in the game. He should go well with characters that create a ton of A/P/S tiles -- maybe first-form OML?
      Rec build: 5/3/5. His red just isn't that good.
    • theshadeofopal
      theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
      Wish he made a lot of weaker tiles with red and yellow than a few strong ones to help his blue actually be useful instead of detrimental. Hes much better but its a problem similar to mr fantastic and his measly 2 protect tiles. Only people in 4/5 land that i can think of that kinda make blue work are carnage, ant man, prof x, and oml.