'Civil War' Comes To MPQ! Story At Marvel.com

13»

Comments

• Monged4life
    Monged4life Posts: 420
    Was tempted to reinstall the game to give the civil war event a go.

Saw that to play the whole thing I need to win 7 day hulk event first, or throw money at packs for a chance of getting winter soldier that way...

Laughed and carried on with my day.

This is not how you lure people back. And what are new players who download the game especially for the civil war event going to think when they can't play half of it... same problem as the other 2 boss battles.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny thing is that I don't really give a care about this since it is so messed up. I am really, really pumped about seeing the movie and I love the story from the comics but the way they are going about this makes me not even care about trying to play this event. I may play a few rounds to try the new event but that is probably it. Sure as heck will not be grinding another 7 day PvE event.

FYI and your betterment - life is so much better when you stop trying to play this game competitively.....I am not joking.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards

This is not how you lure people back. And what are new players who download the game especially for the civil war event going to think when they can't play half of it... same problem as the other 2 boss battles.

This is why in my mind it is a huge mistake to make the new Cap and Iron Man 5* characters. New players whose interest has been piqued enough to download the game just for this event will be locked out of it. There won't be any alliance willing to take them and they won't be able to even have a chance at winning anything.

Events structured like this along with the focus on the 4* and 5* tiers and utter lack of communication make me think that Demiurge have all but lost interest in attracting new players and are focusing on milking the existing player base until they leave too.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:

This is why in my mind it is a huge mistake to make the new Cap and Iron Man 5* characters. New players whose interest has been piqued enough to download the game just for this event will be locked out of it. There won't be any alliance willing to take them and they won't be able to even have a chance at winning anything.

Events structured like this along with the focus on the 4* and 5* tiers and utter lack of communication make me think that Demiurge have all but lost interest in attracting new players and are focusing on milking the existing player base until they leave too.

It is puzzling, especially since that Forbes article talks specifically about spikes in downloads and new users after each Marvel movie release. I guess we'll know more when they past the FAQ on the event later today, I'll wait until then before speculating more.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa wrote:
    Funny thing is that I don't really give a care about this since it is so messed up. I am really, really pumped about seeing the movie and I love the story from the comics but the way they are going about this makes me not even care about trying to play this event. I may play a few rounds to try the new event but that is probably it. Sure as heck will not be grinding another 7 day PvE event.

FYI and your betterment - life is so much better when you stop trying to play this game competitively.....I am not joking.

Word. I didn't even unlock the final subnode of Venom: Heroic and instead enjoyed a very happy Aliens day 4/26 with Zen Pinball. Played the hell out of 2of the 3 new tables I bought and was happy! I kept thinking, look at what all I got for only $6! Exponentially a hell of a better value. I chuckled when I thought about how I was missing out fighting roided Dark Avengers for another top 300 and one more event token chance at pulling a Drax that I didn't want because he just isn't very good and that I only had a 1 in 75 chance to get anyway. I'm in 23rd place in Hulk, I'm giving serious consideration to blowing it off even though I seem to have landed in a cupcake bracket full of slackers since I was the 503rd entrant. Bucky seems to have interesting powers but I don't think I give a damn for a reskinned Ultron event and the devs don't give enough of a damn to talk to us anymore so why should I believe they give enough of a damn to give us a good event? If I do get the new characters, Turd Hulk, Howard and two 2*s are getting the ax to make room. Not buying anymore slots and my gotta have em all days are done.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Looks like the annual spring character onslaught is upon us.

April 2014: 5x 3* and 1x 4* released. Highest amount of new monthly character iso requirements till that date.

April 2015: 2x 3* and 2x 4* released. R75 also released at that time to reduce leveling costs. ISO requirements for April were larger then the previous 4 months combined (adjusted for R75). Established the current pattern of 2-3x 4*/5* per month continuing to this time.

April 2016: 3x 4* and at a minimum 2x 5* coming in May.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    mouser wrote:
    Looks like the annual spring character onslaught is upon us.

April 2014: 5x 3* and 1x 4* released. Highest amount of new monthly character iso requirements till that date.

April 2015: 2x 3* and 2x 4* released. R75 also released at that time to reduce leveling costs. ISO requirements for April were larger then the previous 4 months combined (adjusted for R75). Established the current pattern of 2-3x 4*/5* per month continuing to this time.

April 2016: 3x 4* and at a minimum 2x 5* coming in May.
    Does their Fiscal year end May 31? Seems like an end of fiscal year push for $$.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final quarter is probably sufficient, rather than just final month.

So if the fiscal year ends one June 30. . .
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    My concern is that they are releasing Bucky via a 7-day Hulk PVE, which AGAIN will have later slices overlapping the START of the Civil War event.

If you are not in an early slice, you will be doing your final grind at the same time as the first or second clear of Civil War... if you are not in an early slice, you will be missing your 4* Bucky reward who will likely be required for the Civil War event, so you will be missing out on an Essential Node for the first clear of Civil War.

They did this last time, and they did it again. This change they did over a year ago that eliminated the 1 day break between PVE's was just a terrible idea.

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! There will inevitably be a server crash when this event starts, which will screw with the people still playing the Hulk PVE, and those playing in later slices will not be able to play required nodes in CW until they have rostered Bucky (those able to place top 100, that is...)
    This topic deserves its own thread, as this is a huge oversight on their part.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Varg138 wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    My concern is that they are releasing Bucky via a 7-day Hulk PVE, which AGAIN will have later slices overlapping the START of the Civil War event.

If you are not in an early slice, you will be doing your final grind at the same time as the first or second clear of Civil War... if you are not in an early slice, you will be missing your 4* Bucky reward who will likely be required for the Civil War event, so you will be missing out on an Essential Node for the first clear of Civil War.

They did this last time, and they did it again. This change they did over a year ago that eliminated the 1 day break between PVE's was just a terrible idea.

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! There will inevitably be a server crash when this event starts, which will screw with the people still playing the Hulk PVE, and those playing in later slices will not be able to play required nodes in CW until they have rostered Bucky (those able to place top 100, that is...)
    This topic deserves its own thread, as this is a huge oversight on their part.
    posted in suggestions. please go support/discuss. thanks.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Linkster79 wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:
    Thoughts:
    - We're probably already past this with **** Spidey/GG, but there seems to be no real reason Cap and Tony need to be 5*s. I know star level != comic powers, but there seemed to be some push to sell us on why BSS and OML should be 5*s.

So where would you fit them in? IM is already 4*/3*/1* , and Cap is 4*/3*/2*. 5* is the only tier available for both.

Well I thought rather naively that the publishers would want as much of the newer player base as possible to win these characters so 1* Cap and 2* Iron Man made sense in my head. My how wrong I was as it seems the publishers want as few players as possible to actually have them.
    Yes, I thought exactly like you: 1* Cap and 2* Iron Man would have made sense, specially for the newcomers who will download the game because of the movie (vets would still get the ISO and higher rewards), but it looks like, unfortunately, that the devs only care about 4/5*s these days...