'Civil War' Comes To MPQ! Story At Marvel.com

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    tdglory49 wrote:
    Thoughts:
    - We're probably already past this with **** Spidey/GG, but there seems to be no real reason Cap and Tony need to be 5*s. I know star level != comic powers, but there seemed to be some push to sell us on why BSS and OML should be 5*s.

So where would you fit them in? IM is already 4*/3*/1* , and Cap is 4*/3*/2*. 5* is the only tier available for both.

Well I thought rather naively that the publishers would want as much of the newer player base as possible to win these characters so 1* Cap and 2* Iron Man made sense in my head. My how wrong I was as it seems the publishers want as few players as possible to actually have them.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    5* Cap and Iron Man aren't intended to be used as characters for at least six months or so. They're just shiny collectible baubles hung in front of us. You want new 5*s...
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I love the characters you are putting in the game...

but honestly if this was an event with no covers rewarded and just huge Iso bundles in their place I would be praising this as the best game ever.

After rostering Drax and a lucky Quake pull after missing her event I'm broke on HP, hope these come with free roster slots!
  • Esheris wrote:
    I love the characters you are putting in the game...

but honestly if this was an event with no covers rewarded and just huge Iso bundles in their place I would be praising this as the best game ever.

After rostering Drax and a lucky Quake pull after missing her event I'm broke on HP, hope these come with free roster slots!

Best joke I've read on the forum in a while!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Man, I'm so glad I almost have 300 savory tacos. I'm going to need that 4000hp.

Ah, who am i kidding? There's no way that 5* progression isn't crazy high.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they say winter soldier is going to be available 4/28, any idea how, is he the hulk pve 4 star prize or do we get a nice "ant man growth industry" event?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    After a brief survey of the new characters as described in the interview.

IM 46 seems better than Cap.

Bucky finally brings ap theft to the 4* tier. That purple is intriguing.

"Available" now apparently means a 0.2% drop rate in special event tiles. icon_mad.gif

Nothing else sounds super compelling as described. Way too many countdown tiles and other contingent/fragile powers. But hard to beat for sure without more detail.

Way too many characters to release via the standard distribution system. Big events should be a celebration/free hit of the addictive game. They should bring new people into the game and excite the veterans with better than average rewards. They should not tighten the screws on monetization.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:

It won't be a guaranteed 5* cover. The Marvel article implies it will be tokens. No clue what the odds will be in them, but it sounds like two different tokens, one featuring 5* Cap and one featuring 5* Iron Man.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I will have all the character abilities up either tonight or tomorrow, we have a company meeting today and I haven't had a chance. So if I can tonight when I get home I will, otherwise it should be up asap tomorrow.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good and not so good news in expected ways with the exception of the way of releasing Bucky, which is unexpected terrible news. As reward for a 7 day event only 3 days after the previous release and immediately before the new big event? That's 2015 bad, a low they hadn't stooped to since massive outcry the previous year. Would have it been so difficult to run the Hulk PVE first and then Venom Heroic? That would have made Bucky's release event only 3-day long and allowed a full 7 day rest after Drax's PVE.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:

No progression reward for 5 stars, they will just be in tokens. At least, that is what the article says.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Good and not so good news in expected ways with the exception of the way of releasing Bucky, which is unexpected terrible news. As reward for a 7 day event only 3 days after the previous release and immediately before the new big event? That's 2015 bad, a low they hadn't stooped to since massive outcry the previous year. Would have it been so difficult to run the Hulk PVE first and then Venom Heroic? That would have made Bucky's release event only 3-day long and allowed a full 7 day rest after Drax's PVE.

Would have been that hard to just not release drax last week knowing that all this was coming? I get that special events probably have tie-in requirements fron marvel, but it's the fact that demiurge almost never adjusts their regular release schedule to account for it that irritates me. Its makes special events a grindy burden on players rather than a celebration.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

For people like me who competed for drax, then for miles then will again for winter soldier then again for cap/IM then yet again for war machine...it's especially gruelling. Regretting competing for miles now it's gonna be weeks before I get a break
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    It won't be a guaranteed 5* cover. The Marvel article implies it will be tokens. No clue what the odds will be in them, but it sounds like two different tokens, one featuring 5* Cap and one featuring 5* Iron Man.
    notamutant wrote:
    No progression reward for 5 stars, they will just be in tokens. At least, that is what the article says.

Ah. I missed that. Thanks. Slightly more hopeful then. Slightly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wait. I swear I had a preview tile up a few minutes ago. you couldn't click on it, but it was there. now its gone. anyone else?
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    wait. I swear I had a preview tile up a few minutes ago. you couldn't click on it, but it was there. now its gone. anyone else?

Yeah, it's gone.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Mine is back but it looks like the countdown timer changed.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The original countdown timer was pointing to Wednesday of next week around 4 or 5pm US/Eastern. (7 days 3 hours around 1pm today). The new clock shifts it to the typical Thursday noon start for Alliance events.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I notice that all four of the new characters use countdown tiles. There was a deficit in CD users in the 4*/5* tiers.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    My concern is that they are releasing Bucky via a 7-day Hulk PVE, which AGAIN will have later slices overlapping the START of the Civil War event.

If you are not in an early slice, you will be doing your final grind at the same time as the first or second clear of Civil War... if you are not in an early slice, you will be missing your 4* Bucky reward who will likely be required for the Civil War event, so you will be missing out on an Essential Node for the first clear of Civil War.

They did this last time, and they did it again. This change they did over a year ago that eliminated the 1 day break between PVE's was just a terrible idea.

I also am not understanding how the Civil War event will work. Sounds like Galactus/Ultron type of an event, but I'm not understanding what determines whose side you are playing... are there 2 subs open? One for Team Cap and one for Team Iron Man that are separate, but if you beat node 1 in Cap, node 1 in Iron Man is locked as well? Team composition give any kind of boosts? Is your team roster restricted based on which sub you are in? Details, please.