Questions for a Non-Existent Q&A

Options

Comments

• AE_Fios
    AE_Fios Posts: 39
    Options
    If I uninstall the game will Iceman still haunt my dreams?
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Options
    Why do covers have an expiration and if so why did they not extend it after the 3 to 4 star character release scheme? Have you tried to level a 4 star in the 14 days from 70 to championed to use the sudden influx of covers from that character (all of a sudden every 4 star you get is carnage). It's hard to play the game for weeks after that iso grind.
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh yeah, also please get Cho the hell off of my loading screen.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    tdglory49 wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    The purpose of the change is obvious. It's so that it makes more money.

While that's probably true, it's tough to sell "We're benefiting at your expense" as the only end result of a change, at least without some sort of pushback. When change (in video games, politics, businesses, etc.) comes, you need to have some reason to for everyone else to buy-in. For example, the 7/7 reward change likely happened because people figured out how to automatically to mine 20 iso via a script of whatever. Now, they don't get people gaming the system, and the average user gets more rewards/a guaranteed number of clears to get everything.

I could be naive/optimistic, but I'm assuming they're viewing this in some positive light for us as well. I'm just not sure what that is. To be able to play PVE at any time? To allow high-level teams to do better? To make it easier to hit progression?

Perhaps my question is better phrased as "What's the customer-facing reason why the PVE changes should be made? What benefit do you see us getting out of it?" That way, our feedback could hopefully more targeted.

There was a benefit. The benefit is that casual players can more easily get the progression reward. They no longer needed to play exactly 8 hours after a clear. I noticed more points in my alliance with this test. Always the same with this game. One step forward and two steps back.

However They increased the progression points required for rewards and made ranking high much harder.

So overall more time sink into the game in exchange for not having to play on an 8 hour schedule.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    There was a benefit. The benefit is that casual players can more easily get the progression reward. They no longer needed to play exactly 8 hours after a clear. I noticed more points in my alliance with this test. Always the same with this game. One step forward and two steps back.

People keep saying this about an 8h schedule. NO. NO! NOOOO!!!!!!!

I generally get t20-t50 in pve during old character events, and t10 in new releases and since I have a job/family/life/whatever I have NEVER played on the 8h schedule.

Approximate maybe if I have a free weekend or something, for a day or two. But what people in my chatgroups invariably get saddled with is me grumbling about falling asleep in the middle of a clear, sleeping 1-2hrs past a refresh, making clears 2, 3, 4, 6h before the refresh, even grinding down a sub 12h early because I have to go out.

The only thing that was stopping people from making progression under the old system was the perception that you needed to wait for the refresh, so people didn't try.

Believe me, if you played a clear under the old system whenever you like as often as you do in the new system, you'd still reach progression and have a higher rank than under the new system.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3 you have stated many times you don't want players to soft cap their rosters and you want to reward players for leveling their characters.
    Why do you feel making it cost so much to level 4* and 5* characters and rewarding such little ISO encouraging us to level our characters to meet this goal?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Will the servers handle the load for the first 24 hours of the forthcoming Civil War event?

We all know it's going to happen!

Related to this.

Will the forthcoming Civil War event be launched on a Friday right as you all leave the office for the weekend?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Will the servers handle the load for the first 24 hours of the forthcoming Civil War event?

We all know it's going to happen!

Related to this.

Will the forthcoming Civil War event be launched on a Friday right as you all leave the office for the weekend?

Ha!!!! I imagine tons of bugs that finally get resolved after the event has been completed.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What feedback do you require before you publicly admit your PvE tests are misguided and there should be more non-competitive events?

Seriously, tell us what you need for confirmation, and we'll do our best to let that message be clear.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why does this app drain the battery quicker than an internet wife drains a wallet? Seriously I have my screen brightness down low and tablet plugged in but it still won't charge as quickly as the app demands.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dear Devs, why do you hate all your 5*s except Surfer? When Surfer was launched, he got his very own loading page, a loaner node in the season screen where he could beat up HB, Jean and Carnage, and a node in the Simulator pve where he got to scare unsuspecting players.

Old Man Logan, Phoenix, Spidey got an in-game pop up once, then nothing. No special events, no pve nodes, nada. It's like they don't even exist in the game... All they get to do is say cheese on the legendary token screen. And even there Surfer shows up twice! I feel sorry for them!
    Phoenix has been on the loading screen on some clients (my PC, for example) but not others.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is there so little communication?
    giphy.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could all PvE events definitely become PvE - not PvP in disguise?
      icon_arrow.gif Challenging but no leaderdoard and all progression-based for rewards
      icon_arrow.gif A locked-in rule into one alliance for a given PvE (as for Galactus) would be a bonus and would give a sense to the contribution of an alliance effort
    • PuceMoose
      PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Add a function to let us sort our cover rewards queue by star.png rarity! Or a sell all one-star / sell all two-star option at the very least.
    • wymtime
      Options
      When are you going to create an alliance based progression rewards to PVE, and PVP seasons? This can balance out the grind for placement and give alliances something else to play for and feel like they are progressing as a team.
    • alphabeta
      alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      1. Can we have lightening rounds at the weekend to respect those of us that have a job?

2. When will you fix criticals exploding in midair with certain characters in play?

3. Can we please get something in power description that says exactly what damage it will do with the board / AP conditions on that turn?

4. Why do you think one primary character and two goons with a colour overlap feeding that primary colour is a good idea?
      Follow up to 4. Do you own a dictionary and understand the meaning of the word fun? Do you think a game should be fun?
      Do you now understand why your first answer to 4 needs revisiting?

5. ISO shortfall (lets be honest famine would be a better description - if Bob Geldof new the state of ISO in this game he'd be organising a concert for your player base). Actually planning on doing something about it this side of the next millennium?
    • SnowcaTT
      SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Are resources still being put into this game, or has the dev team simply moved onto other games and assumed this one will die within the year?

[And does this explain why we haven't seen any new playstyles or ideas {Other than "More Characters!} for quite some time, as well as why the devs never address the community here anymore?]
    • Xenoberyll
      Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
      Options
      D3, do you still feel that making the 5star level luck based was the right decision? What are your plans for those with less than average luck?
    • Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      Options
      It has been since February 8th since the devs have decided to communicate with us.
      In an effort to streamline the process whenever they can be inspired to decide to let us know something I thought I'd start a thread asking for questions the forum community would like answered (ignored).
      Let's do it like they used to ask one question per post and then upvote any questions you would like to see answered (ignored)
      I'll start:

Why have there been no Double ISO events in over a year?
      We used to have Double ISO PvP every once in a while.
      Could we have some back please?

We have been discussing the ISO issue and I will discuss this with the team tomorrow to find out. Thank you!
    • wymtime
      Options
      Cthulhu wrote:
      It has been since February 8th since the devs have decided to communicate with us.
      In an effort to streamline the process whenever they can be inspired to decide to let us know something I thought I'd start a thread asking for questions the forum community would like answered (ignored).
      Let's do it like they used to ask one question per post and then upvote any questions you would like to see answered (ignored)
      I'll start:

Why have there been no Double ISO events in over a year?
      We used to have Double ISO PvP every once in a while.
      Could we have some back please?

We have been discussing the ISO issue and I will discuss this with the team tomorrow to find out. Thank you!
      Thank you for getting on the forum and looking into this for us.