Questions for a Non-Existent Q&A

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ONE QUESTION PER POST, PEOPLE.......

As the opening post stated / as we have always done on these / sci-fi makes the most sense.

Please?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With it costing 365k to level a 4* what are the plans to make the 4* transition easier. Once you get 4-5 4* maxed anything under level 250 is fairly usless
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why did you make boosted 3* characters weaker post-championing if you were making 4*s much stronger anyway? The gap became too big and the time it takes to champion 3*s to the point were they at least recover their original power is too long.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the growing number of 4*s in the game, has any consideration been giving to measures that would normalize 4*s as the main endgame play space (a la 3*s prior to June 2015).

Such measure could include:
    -4* covers for top 100 or 150 in every versus and story event
    -Additional 4* progression rewards for 7 day story events
    -4* covers for alliance rewards

Also, great idea colog! Thanks for starting this thread.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Question: Are you EVER going to introduce a master cover? As in it will let you choose the cover power of the char you want?

This way I won't have to sell those green XF covers I keep getting over and over.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Can we please have the Galactus/Ultron type of events more often? We love to have our Alliance play actual mean something.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Can we slow the roll on new characters?
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    May we please get the ability to continue redeeming champion rewards for our maxed champions? Make it draw from a pool of the high end champion rewards for that star tier. I think this would help alleviate some of the pain from the iso drought and the pain of no longer being able to get anything better than the default sale price for a cover once they've reached "Champion Maxed!"
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Since we are able to send up to 10 1* cover for Facebook Friends rewards, why can't you expand the iso sharing to 10 as well. In fact, this whole FB sharing percentage needs to expand to happen more often.
    When will they fix the bug which has made many Android users with linked FB accounts get zero ISO/covers despite "sharing" with friends (and vice-versa)?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    What are your plans to improve the ISO dearth?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you adjust high level progression so that after 2 seasons and over 70 LT my team isn't at the exact same spot it was, while low level rosters are passing me by entirely due to lucky pulls?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now the Prologue tab is all but locked are there any plans to add to it, or is it destined to never be opened again?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Is there any possibility of lengthening the period of LRs as a solution to the ISO shortage? I can understand how one could argue that an all-week session might produce too much of a glut, but even a few days longer would be a help.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    We all have our thoughts on the new PVE changes and how to tweak/overhaul PVE. (I fall somewhere in the middle)

However, from D3's perspective, what's the purpose of the new format changes? That is, what problem are the devs trying to solve?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    The purpose of the change is obvious. It's so that it makes more money. In order to compete effectively in PVE. You will need to finish the 6 clears at the start of the sub event and then clear it a few more times near the end.

To clear the first 6 clears at the beginning is going to require more than 10 health packs. You can buy health packs through hero points. Hero points can be bought with real currency.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dear Devs, why do you hate all your 5*s except Surfer? When Surfer was launched, he got his very own loading page, a loaner node in the season screen where he could beat up HB, Jean and Carnage, and a node in the Simulator pve where he got to scare unsuspecting players.

Old Man Logan, Phoenix, Spidey got an in-game pop up once, then nothing. No special events, no pve nodes, nada. It's like they don't even exist in the game... All they get to do is say cheese on the legendary token screen. And even there Surfer shows up twice! I feel sorry for them!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    When will the PvP system be revamped to not give a huge advantage to players using out of game knowledge?
    Uh Oh, you are using and seeking out of game knowledge right now... gasp!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dear Devs, why do you hate all your 5*s except Surfer? When Surfer was launched, he got his very own loading page, a loaner node in the season screen where he could beat up HB, Jean and Carnage, and a node in the Simulator pve where he got to scare unsuspecting players.

Old Man Logan, Phoenix, Spidey got an in-game pop up once, then nothing. No special events, no pve nodes, nada. It's like they don't even exist in the game... All they get to do is say cheese on the legendary token screen, smile on the ddq page, and (especially for OML) utterly dominate the metagame like no one since pre-nerf ragnarok. .. And even there Surfer shows up twice! I feel sorry for them!

Fixed!
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    dsds wrote:
    The purpose of the change is obvious. It's so that it makes more money.

While that's probably true, it's tough to sell "We're benefiting at your expense" as the only end result of a change, at least without some sort of pushback. When change (in video games, politics, businesses, etc.) comes, you need to have some reason to for everyone else to buy-in. For example, the 7/7 reward change likely happened because people figured out how to automatically to mine 20 iso via a script of whatever. Now, they don't get people gaming the system, and the average user gets more rewards/a guaranteed number of clears to get everything.

I could be naive/optimistic, but I'm assuming they're viewing this in some positive light for us as well. I'm just not sure what that is. To be able to play PVE at any time? To allow high-level teams to do better? To make it easier to hit progression?

Perhaps my question is better phrased as "What's the customer-facing reason why the PVE changes should be made? What benefit do you see us getting out of it?" That way, our feedback could hopefully more targeted.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Any plans to release a/more character/s like Ant-Man, with their own non-competitive event?