PVE: Webbed Wonder (2016-04-11 to 2016-04-14)

Options
124»

Comments

• Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Previous response for some reason first post. icon_evil.gif

In any case, ares, storm, magneto, obw, daken, thor all between 99-110. Then Phoenix is at 260 with a red and green cover. I have various 3* and 4* insufficiently covered to be of any help but I can list them if needed. I've been playing for only 60 days now so it's frustrating at times the scaling issues.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previous response for some reason first post. icon_evil.gif

In any case, ares, storm, magneto, obw, daken, thor all between 99-110. Then Phoenix is at 260 with a red and green cover. I have various 3* and 4* insufficiently covered to be of any help but I can list them if needed. I've been playing for only 60 days now so it's frustrating at times the scaling issues.

Yeah. That's a tough problem. 5* covers are too rare to ignore when they drop. But your scaling will be hurt by it until the new system becomes permanent (this seems to be just about the only good thing in the new system).

2*s are a bit weak on defense, which sucks for survival nodes.

Mnmags + cStorm + X will be a bit squishy, but once they get rolling it should be viable. Daken will create strike tiles and soak up damage if he is high enough to tank, but you won't have much active offense after red and blue.

The last node is goons for 3 rounds and then villains. So your strategy should be to make sure you finish the last goon of wave 3 with mnmags red and have at least 22 blue ready to go for cstorm's blue. So the early strategy is just to collect purple/blue/red and use mnmags to control the board and destroy problematic countdowns.

It won't be easy, but it should be doable.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I played the last node (don't know the name, don't care, won't play it again) to get the Howard cover, then it started over again. Looks like same bug as The Black Hole in the first run of Enemy of the State.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quicky as i have forgotten.

How many points in a sub, assuming you grind to 1.

6.5x Single clear?

Trying to find out if LT is achievable or not.
    @ 30k after one clear of the final sub.
    12k after two further clears leaves 12k from the final grind.

Final grind is 3.5x a single clear, so theoretical 21k available?

Thanks
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanks

Should be doable. I made at least 30K in that sub before it ended and others in this thread made 36K -39K:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42742&start=40#p509208

That last survival node (the one for the cover) isn't that bad, and is great for points.. If you can handle Big Enchilada these days, then you can handle this. Same tactics apply.

It's the 3* Spidey essential node you have to watch out for. Those mutations in the first wave will shred you if you don't getting going quick. On one of my grinds this morning they tore apart my boosted 4* Thor champion (even with IM40 backing her) and that's with 30K of health on her. If you can't the colors you need to stun/kill them, they're trouble. Don't be afraid to use boosts on that one.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

Thanks

Should be doable. I made at least 30K in that sub before it ended and others in this thread made 36K -39K:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42742&start=40#p509208

That last survival node (the one for the cover) isn't that bad, and is great for points.. If you can handle Big Enchilada these days, then you can handle this. Same tactics apply.

It's the 3* Spidey essential node you have to watch out for. Those mutations in the first wave will shred you if you don't getting going quick. On one of my grinds this morning they tore apart my boosted 4* Thor champion (even with IM40 backing her) and that's with 30K of health on her. If you can't the colors you need to stun/kill them, they're trouble. Don't be afraid to use boosts on that one.
    Yeah, I noticed this is a bad node for Thor/IM40 as the symbiotes can shred the Recharge countdowns, so it takes longer than usual to get going.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Options
    Sigh...
    5 clears a day is not even enough to get the cp (although since howard the duck is not a regular caracter i did not bother getting him last event Wolvie was able to get rostered only for the second sub).
    Usually with having only 2 essential, 5 clears is more than enough to reach the mach progression, but apparently not this time. After doing the first clear in the 3rd sub, it became obvious that i wont be able to get my 20k points missing. (one clear was a little short of 6K, meaning that I need to do 4 other clears (maybe more when taking points decay into account).

I guess it's still doable, but grinding those 2 waves node are taking so long and I need to work (i can usually do 1 clear at work when I have a bit of time, but those extremely long and tenous waves won't be possible).

Why are the points so far away dfor this event... First time ever that I wont be able to get the command points because of the lack of points (although it happend in the past that I simply didn't bother with events because of it's difficulty and my unability to find the motivation to do the terrible nodes).
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yuck, Duck. Looking like there will be a greenflag.pngicon_ares.png cover for me when this is all over.
  • Could you people please decide what the hell you are doing? You want me to grind each node 5 times a day to get the CP progression reward? Fine. You want to make the nodes difficult enough that I die regularly trying to complete them? Fine. Could you not do both at the same time please? I'm getting sick of paying money and matching gems until the sight of them makes me sick and then getting stiffed on rewards anyway because you change the rules every other day. I hate you. The end.
  • RBwilliams07
    RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was having trouble with the last node until I tried something different. Kamala Khan for healing + purpleflag.png and greenflag.png AOE; Luke Cage to get the red shield out plus his yellow and black to go along with Steve Rogers. Get his redtile.pngbluetile.png built up in the first round and it should be no trouble. Both of them overwrite goon CT and each shield throw heals you. Saved up some of KK's AoE attacks for the symbiotes and finish the 3rd round off with a special move to get first turn in the last round.

Champed 2*s I would use MNMags+OBW+Ares/2*Thor. Mags red does damage and destroys tiles nearby including CT. OBW heal, steal and increase CT timers and Ares/Thor for their yellowtile.png and greentile.png .
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I missing something? Usually the final node (or next to final node when ending with a Wave node) has a single CP to earn in it's rewards.

In this sub, I can't find ANY CP besides the one in the Howard Required node. Am I blind or is it hidden in a secret invisible node?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Am I missing something? Usually the final node (or next to final node when ending with a Wave node) has a single CP to earn in it's rewards.

In this sub, I can't find ANY CP besides the one in the Howard Required node. Am I blind or is it hidden in a secret invisible node?

Nope, you're not crazy, its just the one CP in the 4* node. I think they considered the Howard cover itself to be enough reward in its place.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Nope, you're not crazy, its just the one CP in the 4* node. I think they considered the Howard cover itself to be enough reward in its place.

If so, then we should be able to sell it (and other 4* covers) for CP.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    Stayed up until 4:30a grinding the wave nodes, then got up at 7:30a (slice end time was 9a) to finish it off. What a beating; points were way too concentrated in the wave nodes and they take forever.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Given that wave nodes typically have set rewards and they screwed that up throughout the event, I'm inclined to think it's a mistake.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I managed to complete the wave node for Howard's with Phoenix at 260 with a green and red cover and MNmags at 101 and CStorm at 110. It was damn difficult and I used 20% damage boost along with stockpiles for blue, purple, green and black.