PVE: Webbed Wonder (2016-04-11 to 2016-04-14)

Options

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But the difficulty is absolutely ****. 2* Wolverine essential two high level dons and a muscle!? The devs took something that should have been fun and awesome and generated a ton of goodwill and crapped all over it and Howard and us with this difficulty and the 25CP being set at 54,000 points for a three day event with a full clear netting you between 3 and 4K. This is just ****.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FYI, I've been adding the list of nodes to the first post in this thread under the Event Details section. I am also adding the point values for each. I'm not too confident about the values in the second sub since they don't seem as round as the numbers in the first sub. Can anyone else confirm that the have the same values when the nodes are at full points?
    jojeda654 wrote:
    • Sub 2
      • Big Break (100)
        Hitman, Muscle, Thug
      • Duck Be a Lady
        • Drama King (266)
          Kingpin, Thug, Hitman
        • Front of House (133)
          Muscle, Thug, Muscle
        • Method Acting (213)
          Don, Hitman, Hitman
        • Ensemble Number (615)
          • Wave 1: The Hood, Hitman, Thug
          • Wave 2: Don, Muscle, Muscle
          • Wave 3: Bullseye (Classic) , Hitman, Hitman
        • Against Type (333)
          The Hood, Thug, Bullseye (Classic)
        • Curtain Call (412)
          Thug, Thug, Don
        • Exit, Stage Right (492)
          Kingpin, Muscle, The Hood
        • Essential: Legendary (532)
          Kingpin, Thug, Thug
        • Essential: Rare (532)
          Bullseye (Classic), Don, Hitman
        • Essential: Uncommon (532)
          Don, Muscle, Don
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    FYI, I've been adding the list of nodes to the first post in this thread under the Event Details section. I am also adding the point values for each. I'm not too confident about the values in the second sub since they don't seem as round as the numbers in the first sub. Can anyone else confirm that the have the same values when the nodes are at full points?
    jojeda654 wrote:
    • Sub 2
      • Big Break (100)
        Hitman, Muscle, Thug
      • Duck Be a Lady
        • Drama King (266)
          Kingpin, Thug, Hitman
        • Front of House (133)
          Muscle, Thug, Muscle
        • Method Acting (213)
          Don, Hitman, Hitman
        • Ensemble Number (615)
          • Wave 1: The Hood, Hitman, Thug
          • Wave 2: Don, Muscle, Muscle
          • Wave 3: Bullseye (Classic) , Hitman, Hitman
        • Against Type (333)
          The Hood, Thug, Bullseye (Classic)
        • Curtain Call (412)
          Thug, Thug, Don
        • Exit, Stage Right (492)
          Kingpin, Muscle, The Hood
        • Essential: Legendary (532)
          Kingpin, Thug, Thug
        • Essential: Rare (532)
          Bullseye (Classic), Don, Hitman
        • Essential: Uncommon (532)
          Don, Muscle, Don

That seems right. I've got 4060 pts too for the 2nd sub after only doing one clear so far today, so the total matches. (not including the Big Break node in the main sub.)
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Known Issue: Wave Nodes & Rewards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

The developers wanted to pass along some event info.

Demiurge Quote:
      "Missions that have waves are not giving out rewards correctly. Giving out rewards for completing the mission rather than each wave is not intended and we apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to patch the fix for this run but future runs will give out rewards correctly."

Thank you.

Except, and I may be wrong here, past wave nodes never had seven possible rewards did they (i.e. I can't remember ever getting a critical boost when completing a survival node). So why add these seven possible rewards if they didn't intend for only one of them to be given upon completion?
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Moonstone is totally obnoxious this set. Really? She downs my Xforce (172) with one photon blast. She kills Astonishing Wolverine with ONE Georgia O'Keefe warp, I mean gravity warp?! This is absurd.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:
    Moonstone is totally obnoxious this set. Really? She downs my Xforce (172) with one photon blast. She kills Astonishing Wolverine with ONE Georgia O'Keefe warp, I mean gravity warp?! This is absurd.

Better a Georgia O'Keefe Warp than an Ansel Adams Warp, lemme tell ya.
  • frostCoH
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:
    Oh and this is like the 3rd PVE in a row where everyone has had Gamma Siphon, Magetamagneto's murder shuffle, or Fisk's "Boop!" Finger point. Maybe get some new Team Up powers and diversify. I can't be the only one that's sick of those, especially Gamma Siphon.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:
    Oh and this is like the 3rd PVE in a row where everyone has had Gamma Siphon, Magetamagneto's murder shuffle, or Fisk's "Boop!" Finger point. Maybe get some new Team Up powers and diversify. I can't be the only one that's sick of those, especially Gamma Siphon.

Gamma Siphon in the Loaner nodes, UGH. Those are already a slow fight with 3* Spidey and Howard in there, let's drag out it some more by having you build up Quack Fu TWICE. My only real complaint so far about this event. Let me at least see in action the one cover that 98% of players weren't able to get in The Hunt.
  • frostCoH
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:

Better a Georgia O'Keefe Warp than an Ansel Adams Warp, lemme tell ya.

I'll take anything that doesn't eat 4.2 seconds activating
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    So... 3603 per clear of sub-1. 4060 per clear of sub-2. That's 22989 from three clears of each. Hopefully day 3 averages around 10k a clear for the CP? Which probably means lots of wave nodes? That or they copy-pasted new character progression levels from the last event.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Pessi wrote:
    Any info from people who've started? Please tell me its fun..

Moonstone, Ares, Sentry, and Daken. (edit: and BULLSEYE. I can't believe I forgot Bullseye. So utterly boring.)

Oh, and some HAMMER goons.

Again.

Over and over and over

and over

and over

again.

What was even the point of making a "new" event if the fights are going to be the same stuff as everything else?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Credit where it's due - the dialogue and story are well written and hilarious.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh. Muscle + hood + kingpin as the last node of sub 2? More dev trolling. . .
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    waywreth wrote:
    Credit where it's due - the dialogue and story are well written and hilarious.

Definitely. Howard making fun of Bullseye for changing his outfit got a laugh from me.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I shudder to imagine there are people who analyzed what they had created with Kingpin + Maggia Minions and/or The Hood, and discussed amongst themselves, "Yes. This is the story we want to tell. Kingpin calls his Maggia Pawns over. He calls them over and over again. Soon the theatre is full of nothing but Maggia gunfire and Muscles threatening people, while Kingpin points his devious finger at any fool who survives. The players are gonna love this!"

For the sake of the Marvel Universe, Kingpin is already a yellow battery with his purple. Does he really need Maggia minions to feel him more yellow?
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Exit, Stage Right - Help! What team to use to take down a level 241/242 Kingpin, Muscle, and Hood. I tried Red Magneto, Iron Fist, & Luke Cage.....wiped. Then tried 3* Spidey, 3* Deadpool, & Hulk.....wiped.

Any team suggestions please? And thanks!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    markcoen01 wrote:
    Exit, Stage Right - Help! What team to use to take down a level 241/242 Kingpin, Muscle, and Hood. I tried Red Magneto, Iron Fist, & Luke Cage.....wiped. Then tried 3* Spidey, 3* Deadpool, & Hulk.....wiped.

Iron Fist is an excellent counter to Hood since he doesn't need AP to put out his attack tile. Best way to deal with Kingpin is usually a stunner. Hav you tried Iron Fist, 3* Steve Rogers and Iron Man 40? Seems like they'd have a decent chance at least. Focus on Hood first, then lock Kingpin down.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    markcoen01 wrote:

2* magneto, 2* storm, 3* ironman - i beat 278 lvls with it. But it a gamble really. you need 2 yellow matches without hood stealing one - and you are good. It rather all full health or all dead.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't have luck with IM40, personally--either Hood stole the AP before I got 6 or Kingpin fired off the pawns and there weren't enough free yellow tiles to create all the countdowns. I got by with 3* Deadpool, Witch and Ares. I'm not sure how reliable they would be though.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    The third sub is worth 6502 points per clear. There's a purple Howard cover available in the last wave node.