Scarlet Witch CD is 4 turns

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Seeing the same thing.

just another regular day where the devs devalue our roster and nerf the 3*.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not mentioned in the patch notes.

That's a seriously bad stealth-nerf.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    It may just be a bug not a nerf. I would assume bug with all the other changes being spelled out.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Falcon's Redwing doing the same thing. It used to be three turns and now is four.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    if this isnt a bug i'm going to be **** p*ssed
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    And "I've got a plan" went off the turn it was cast for the AI.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I'm on iOS and have the same problem since the update earlier today.
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Along these same lines, Falcon's Redwing, which is supposed to be a 3-turn countdown, starts at 4 turns (mentioned this in the Release Notes, too).

This update has a bunch of "countdown" fixes that obviously effected other things in error
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Play on Android. Happening to me too. Both Scarlet Witch & Falcon are putting out 4 turn tiles instead of 3 turn tiles.
  • This is clearly a switch glitch.

Before the update, didn't the CD get created directly before your move? now it adds it after the enemy turn? Cuz it seems longer to fire off at the wrong time too!

Either way... It says 3 turn tile but the number is 4.

Best screenshot guys....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDiCetrkXW7/
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Bugged powers. I think it is happening all over the place, but sometimes it's hard to notice. For example, yesterday I was playing with Shulk. I have her at 5 Green covers. I fired it off twice, which should have reduced 4 of their colors to 0. I looked to see if I had wiped out the color I was going for. Only 2 of their colors had been reduced to 0.

I think that some powers, if you have them at 5 covers, are acting like you have 3 covers.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    so, switch, shulk... who else is affected?
    anyone checked im40s recharge tiles? icon_eek.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the Hammer soldiers are affected as well. (yay!)

They used to have 4-turn pinks and 5-turn greens, but now the pinks are 5-turns as well!

But boo that it's affecting SW and our characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    this affected many team strategies during last night's grind. it borked using her with jean, rulk, winfinite. this really needs to be fixed.

and stop updating during critical times in release events!!! please. it really messes things up when there's bugs - and that is far too often.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    saddest part is that it took an update to break it, it may take until the next update to fix it... so we may be stuck with it for a while.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This wouldn't be an official patch if it didn't break something completely unrelated to the stuff that was getting patched... nor would it be an official patch if it didn't have bugs that are immediately obvious to anyone who's actually playing.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Edelkin wrote:
    Falcon's Redwing doing the same thing. It used to be three turns and now is four.

Well, Falcon was in bad need of a nerf anyway icon_e_wink.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So are we also getting extra turns on CDs we'd want, like XDP, or is this only affecting the CDs that we want to expire asap?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    So are we also getting extra turns on CDs we'd want, like XDP, or is this only affecting the CDs that we want to expire asap?

Haha yeah. Star-lord and XFDP countdowns are now a turn SHORTER.

Just kidding.

EDIT: Just so I'm being constructive; BPs defense grid seems to be working normally. This may only affect CDs that are placed passively. Anger and Life of the Party would also be suspect, although I haven't tried them.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    It appears to affect passive CD's that occur at the end of everyone's turn. So CD tiles that are placed as a result of a power or some other move (like Hulks' anger or XFDP's life of the party) would not be affected. Trying to deduce from their list of bug fixes what could have caused this but man this is poor QA. Does no one march out a few of the more popular characters to see if they work properly? And the timing of their deploy could not be much worse (last day of a new release? Really??)

Would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement from D3/a red whether this is, in fact, a bug or somehow a horrible new "feature".