MPQ At Marvel.com: New Punisher Incoming!

Options

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expected nothing less. new character releases over thanksgiving, Christmas, new years.... you'd think they might mix it up and let those with families and/or activities not miss out on stuff. but nah. they don't care.

not killing myself for this one. but I need the iso, so i'll join some time during day 1. just hope t100 isn't crazy. usually I push for t20, but I'd have to get really lucky with time available for clears for that to happen.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just hide the eggs really well, and play PVE until the kid finds them all... don't tell him the last one is in your pocket only to be released after the next PVE clear...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any major US holiday they -haven't- put a new release on? It was on Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won't stress out about playing to win him. I guess I'll just get kicked out of my alliance on Monday night, then I'll rejoin on Tuesday. Then I'll win him a week or so later during his pvp. Yay!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Is there any major US holiday they -haven't- put a new release on? It was on Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas....

At this point it seems like it's part of their product plan. Make people alienate their families by dangling the big carrot in front of them at times that they would otherwise step away from the game. Then, after being alienated from all the actual people in their life they can play more, until the game alienates them.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For anyone who hasn't seen, this is a pic of the new punisher.*
    498237-goomba.jpg

*may not be accurate.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, also, I noticed that his abilities are colored Black - Green - Blue in the preview shots. Will this be fixed to Red - Black - Blue for release?
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I knew it was too much to hope for Franken Castle

61YByElpKTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of the character so take my complaints with a grain of salt. My only wish (beyond not having another Punisher) would've been that it was the Thunderbolts costume. Oh, well.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With each new release I become less and less interested. So many things that could be easily done to improve the way we play but, as it's ever been, the focus is just on more and more characters that only the whales and addicts can readily max and use. I'm still firmly stuck in the 4* transition with no real way to progress unless I put more time than I'm able or willing to into the game.

Thanks I guess, you're just making it easier to step away and focus on games that actually reward me at a decent pace. It's a shame, because I love MPQ and have been playing for over two years, but it's just boring for me now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very approximately to celebrate Easter with a new Little Bunny Pun-Pun.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If necks could kill...my god
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously, where's his neck?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Everyone's complaining about playing over Easter.

But MPQ just helped you give up everything - sleep, food, family - for Lent.

Is this what Jesus did Easter weekend? Joined a bracket late good Friday then rolled back his stone 3 days later?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are we sure that isn't Andrew Dice Clay?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm pretty sure his neck is his superpower. It's not as good as Luke Cage's unbreakable skin, but look! Punisher can't be garrotted, hung, strangled, or have his neck twisted until it breaks! I'm fairly sure this also makes him immune to the Vulcan nerve pinch. He might even survive a guillotine. He could take on the immortals from Highlander!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Everyone's complaining about playing over Easter.

But MPQ just helped you give up everything - sleep, food, family - for Lent.

Is this what Jesus did Easter weekend? Joined a bracket late good Friday then rolled back his stone 3 days later?

He'd better not try it now - devs are banning accounts for using the rollback exploit.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    last releases i went for top 10... this is a no brainer top 100 only, One there is a good chance im skipping the PVE come monday and It will be months before he is needed for another PVE if ever...

i dont think any of the 4 stars that came out this year was ever needed in any PVE beyond the one after what it was rewarded (maybe vemon but not sure)

anyone remember the time frame in this

24 all or is there a 48 in there
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do admit, if they just present us with a free event token(s) on these holidays, I would be happ(ier) to play (not that I won't, but a mere motivational push I need, as atm I'm feeling burnt out - granted that's my own fault for playing daily).
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    just hide the eggs really well, and play PVE until the kid finds them all... don't tell him the last one is in your pocket only to be released after the next PVE clear...

Oh no. I'm not falling for that again. Last time Father Flanagan hid one there and now he's on a watch list and can't do Youth Group anymore