MPQ At Marvel.com: New Punisher Incoming!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Heads-up, everyone!

4-Star Punisher (MAX) is firing his way into Marvel Puzzle Quest this week and it’s time head over to Marvel.com for first-look details. D3 Go!'s Josh Austin chats about Frank Castle’s abilities and discusses the thoughts behind the vigilante’s new incarnation. Debut screenshots are on display.

You can grab up the new info RIGHT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: PUNISHER
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Ok, kidding aside, can you tell us a little about what makes this Punisher (MAX)? And how did you capture that in his abilities?

Josh Austin: This Punisher has some unique abilities that really set him apart from his 3-star variation!
His first power is called Punish which has the Punisher dealing out vengeance on those he deems guilty of wrongdoing. It deals a set amount of base damage and then even more damage for every friendly strike tile on the board. If any of his allies are stunned or downed, the power becomes Army of One where he becomes a much more efficient fighting machine! With Army of One, the Punisher doesn’t hold back, he creates strike tiles and then deals damage for every friendly strike tile on the board.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He never skips neck day at the gym, that's for sure.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thor will tell you that extra star adds about 30 pounds.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:

What are you saying about Jane Foster?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A new Punisher! Should I come back? Oh wait... released for Venom Bomb... Easter weekend... No thanks

Also I don't know what's worse, 4* Punisher's neck or 3* Punisher's sour puss face icon_lol.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love Punisher...but yeah a release on a major holiday weekend is bad planning. The illustration of him is quite lacking though and that neck is just wrong....his neck in other some of the pictures they posted doesn't look so disproportionate....confusing.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don't ever take into account what's going on the weekend, they always go every other week (at least) with some very rare exceptions.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Because everyone celebrates all 24 hours of Easter... (eyeroll).

Not everyone celebrates every holiday and there's really not a way to avoid everyone's conflicts. Some people work every weekend, so they never get a break.

It's my birthday weekend but they didn't ask me and they went ahead with it anyway. That's life.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The PVE EotS test doesn't rollover to Venom Bomb, right?
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    The PVE EotS test doesn't rollover to Venom Bomb, right?

What a worse PVE to have overscaled enemies in than EotS?
    The one with Carnage & 2 red feeder goons in every other node!!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There seems to be a serious disconnect between the Punisher in the cover they chose to use and the in game art. Looks like he put his fat suit on for the game.
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cranky Franky! icon_lol.gif
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    There seems to be a serious disconnect between the Punisher in the cover they chose to use and the in game art. Looks like he put his fat suit on for the game.
    To be fair, that's how they draw him in the actual comics... The covers in that series show him weirdly younger and thinner. I can't think of any that drew him like in the pages.
    mQApxce.jpg?1qhA5OtU.jpg
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The cover chosen (great choice, by the way) is meant to echo photos of Lee Harvey Oswald, I think. Which is why Frank looks a little thin it it.

Edit: see below.
    Punisher-FrankCastle1.jpg

harvey-oswald.jpg
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    BearVenger wrote:

What are you saying about Jane Foster?

OP is referring to 2* --> 3* thor
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Options
    Yep while his powers look good, please, get new art on his icon...he looks like a fat lazy drunk...he looks like he is sleeping standing up.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Buffet Punisher.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:
    The Buffet Punisher.

"Take the gun. And take the cannolis."
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Punisher? Really?!

Why not make the current Punisher better and make new content to be sort of, you know new content? There are literally 100's of Marvel characters available. Did the last 2 in game surveys actually give the feedback that the masses want the same character but at the next rarity? Why even bother to ask these things and then just ignore it? We may as well ask for freaking Pikachu to be the next in game character seeing as that is more likely than iconic characters like Moon Knight, Rogue, Jubilee, Tigress, Captain Britain or even Cable.

BTW since the champion feature Punisher has gone from mid tier 3* to just meh.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yikes, I was thinking "These guys are exaggerating" and then flipped over to the article and ugh! Really?

Is that Mike Myers in a fat suit? "Get in my belly!"
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone's complaining about playing over Easter.

But MPQ just helped you give up everything - sleep, food, family - for Lent.