Likeliehood of EoS progression reward

Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I realize this is a test environment. I also realize I've put just as much effort into this PvE and I'm nowhere close to reaching the CP reward. Unless the points triple in the last sub, I'm not getting those CP. The only reason I'm bothering at this point is to reap the 2 CP/round.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mathematically I think it's still possible. I'm trying to figure out how to get there with the least amount of possible effort, then I have to see if even that is too much effort.

Probably about 70/30 I get there right now.
  • Gregore
    Gregore Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I am sitting at ~50th place overall with 95k points.
    So in a day and a half I need to come up with 61k.
    I might be able to squeeze out 15-20k more today, that means I need 40k tomorrow. Better be some really high value waves in the last day.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I'm already passed 170k, yes
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    day one adios. made one pass for iso and tokens. not even that for hells kitchen. good riddance to this event and this "test" come tomorrow.

did pull leg and cyc yellow from vault so that made up for the cp loss. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    made it through 1 clear of hell's kitchen, then got into shield sim and pvp. was partially disengaged from clear 1/day 1, now I'm completely unplugged and I'm completely ok with it. will start mags pvp over lunch and will be interested to see how that goes.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am top10 right now with 146k and still one whole sub and the end of todays sub, so I will get there, but the amount or work needed to get the CPs has been twice what I would normally do.

Ps: As reference, in the current sub I have around 40k after doing all nodes except the first and second one six times, and I needed around 4h. Using OML has helped A LOT with health packs.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need to average 30K in each of the final two subs. Currently, in slice 4, I'm at 12K in the Hand tower. Should be doable...thank goodness for Iceman's cheap stuns and AOE death blizzard.
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Not a chance for me. The scaling and incresed need for health packs has hobbled me for this event. If I had invested more time and bought some additional health packs I think I could have done it but I just wasn't invested enough to do that.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure I'll make it, but not because this event was designed well with the changes. Instead of clearing everything 3-4 times per 24h sub, I've repeated the top point nodes (upper 3 and essentials) 5-7 times (because if I'm going to eat a health pack, it may as well be for a higher point node).

I'm in S1, done one full clear, and 6 on the GR and Marvel essentials. I've done Code of Honor 6 times (and may do the seventh just for the token eluding me), Berserker Inside as well as the Beast essential twice.

With all that I'm sitting at 141,791. So I need another 14,209. Beast is worth 2,706, so if I do that one 4 more times, and repeat Triumph twice, I should be good to go.

I'm tired of the grinding though. So very tired.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Only PvE legendary I've missed was the Galactus I one (and that one was close).

I'll get it, but I'm in 9th place, and at the end of the first clear of the last sub, I was still almost three full clears away. Usually I get the cp, at latest, on second clear of last sub (first is more typical, and before that happens sometimes also). Not sure what's going on here; I've gotten 200k+ in this event before.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without easy nodes to grind, I'm not even hitting the 3* progression reward which I usually fly by with casual play.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No way in hell. I slogged through to get tokens for the vault, I pulled 17 times and never got the Iceman green I desperately wanted. Even though every sub but Hell's Kitchen I came in top 100 I just now got the 43k or whatever OBW. Gave up on Hell's Kitchen and I'm still in top 200 for placement.

Number one guy in my bracket, his best toon is a level 98 champion 2* Captain Marvel. Test is a failure and did nothing to convince me there was ever any benefit to winning my 5*s or putting iso into my roster. The problem wasn't time, it was the sheer brutal difficulty from the 4th clear forward. I honestly had easier times with Galactus and Ultron than I did with 2* Wolverine and that is just ****.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've done roughly 5 clears on each node per sub, excluding the 48hr one where I did 7-8 clears, and it looks like I'll hit progression easily.
  • wvblueandgold
    wvblueandgold Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I have no chance.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I'm in 15th place, top 20 every sub, and 35K away with just over a day to go. I can probably grind it out, but it will be close. Normally I'm just sneaking into the top 50, and in a 7 day event I usually hit max progression on day 5. This time I'm on track for my best individual placement ever, and about 50/50 on whether I'll hit max progression at all. Something is very wrong here.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 15th place, top 20 every sub, and 35K away with just over a day to go. I can probably grind it out, but it will be close. Normally I'm just sneaking into the top 50, and in a 7 day event I usually hit max progression on day 5. This time I'm on track for my best individual placement ever, and about 50/50 on whether I'll hit max progression at all. Something is very wrong here.

I'm not eschewing your Herculean efforts, but the reason why many of us are ranking higher than normal is that the people who are normally higher just aren't playing.

I would've given up earlier if my pride at never missing the CP/LT prize kicked in and made me work overtime.

Lesson learned. Next time take the week off.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Positive I'll get it, but this was a GRIND and a half of an event.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    As soon as I played the first few nodes with the increased scaling, I was done. These new changes are health pack eaters, especially since it eliminates all but the top end of your roster. If PVE remains like this, I'm in some trouble concerning the ISO shortage.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Mine is a combination of no way in hell and gave up day one. I'm ISO starved, so I'm still playing the event somewhat, but I just hit the Beast progression, and probably won't make it much further. Once I saw the initial levels, I knew I wasn't hitting top progression.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Looks like one run through the final sub is 8,910 points. I entered the final sub with 115,321 points so I can do it if I can keep up the grind. Every node five times will put me over. I'm going to grind out the Ghost Rider CP (other CP dropped first time) then the wave nodes then the other nodes until I make it.

I've never been in the top 20 and not sure if I was going to make the 25 cp. I also have spent probably three times as many hours grinding this event as I have previous ones. Definitely feeling the burnout