New update doesn't work on Nexus 6/Marshmarllow 6.0.1

13»

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    2.5 days later...

"Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Your ticket has been escalated for review. We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,"

Well, we are getting somewhere? I'm waiting for the fix to be implemented before I send my tally of what I've missed out on over the past 2.5 days. That should go over like a turd in a punch bowl.
  • madsalad
    Confirmed back up and running after the following email. I've replied with a thanks an a request for compensation of some sort. I put a pretty long list of what I've missed out on over the past 2.5 days. Stay tuned.

"Greetings!

Your account should be all set, and the crashing fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Exclesior!"
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    madsalad wrote:
    2.5 days later...

Your ticket has been escalated for review. We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,"

Well, we are getting somewhere? I'm waiting for the fix to be implemented before I send my tally of what I've missed out on over the past 2.5 days. That should go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

I just received the same email.
  • madsalad
    OK. All is resolved. I just wanted to follow up and say that although this was 2.5 days of frustration they finally did right by me and provided adequate compensation (i won't go into exact amounts here, but it was just about everything I had requested and made a case for having missed over the time period).

I feel readers needed to be aware since I was constantly updating this thread with my frustration. They did good in the end, which has actually been my normal interaction with the CS team the few times I've had to use them (even if they are a little slow).

Good luck out there and if you feel you have a case for a certain amount of compensation, ask for it. The worst they can do is say no.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    abmoraz wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    2.5 days later...

Best Regards,"

I just received the same email.

I just got that same email this afternoon from them.
  • Phaentom
    These guys at cs make me want to seriously hit someone with their stupid questions. Once again they haven't read a god damn thing in my emails to them.

This is what I wrote:

Android 6.0.1 crash. I have a Nexus 7 tablet with Android 6.0.1 and the game won't load. It gets to the loading screen then kicks me back to the home screen. I tried logging out of FB and back in, that didn't work. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game, that didn't work. I even went as far as factory resetting my Nexus and that didn't work either.

The 3rd time I've told them the device, the os and the # and what I've tried so far.

Their Reply:

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

We apologize for this inconvenience and any frustration that this may have caused. We would be happy to investigate this issue. In order to aid our investigation, could you please provide the following information:

- What is the Make and Model for the device you are using?
    - What is the current OS you have on the device you are using?
    - Have you recently tried to restart your device?
    - Are you playing on WiFi or are you playing with 3G or 4G connection
    - Are you running multiple apps/programs in the background? If so, which apps/programs?
    - If you are on an iOS device, have you been prompted to make any changes to your iTunes account?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Seriously D3, read my damn emails. /frustrated to all hell now
  • abmoraz
    Phaentom wrote:
    These guys at cs make me want to seriously hit someone with their stupid questions. Once again they haven't read a tiny kitty thing in my emails to them.

This is what I wrote:

Android 6.0.1 crash. I have a Nexus 7 tablet with Android 6.0.1 and the game won't load. It gets to the loading screen then kicks me back to the home screen. I tried logging out of FB and back in, that didn't work. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game, that didn't work. I even went as far as factory resetting my Nexus and that didn't work either.

The 3rd time I've told them the device, the os and the # and what I've tried so far.

Their Reply:

We apologize for this inconvenience and any frustration that this may have caused. We would be happy to investigate this issue. In order to aid our investigation, could you please provide the following information:

- What is the Make and Model for the device you are using?
    - What is the current OS you have on the device you are using?
    - Have you recently tried to restart your device?
    - Are you playing on WiFi or are you playing with 3G or 4G connection
    - Are you running multiple apps/programs in the background? If so, which apps/programs?
    - If you are on an iOS device, have you been prompted to make any changes to your iTunes account?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Seriously D3, read my damn emails. /frustrated to all hell now

Yes, yes 1000 times YES!

I had the same thing, I responded with "All answered in my ticket submission (which you have quoted), read the dang thing." Followed up with another email along the lines of "Please, just once, I'd love an email back from Customer Support that wasn't a form letter. Just once. Anything to show that a human being is actually looking at this and not some sick Turing Test failure of an AI."

This was followed up with a "We're glad we could help. This ticket is closed." ... AND THEN proceeded to ask me questions via another form email. *SMDH*

**note: I still can't log into the game. The ticket is far from closed.
  • mutimloh
    mutimloh Posts: 25
    Still not working for me. Latest reply from CS asked me if I am playing on Wifi or 3G/4G... AGAIN!!!
  • Phaentom
    I got yet another form response from D3:

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK

I guess after 3 emails they finally read one of them to figure out what I'm playing on, the os , etc. Encouraging? Who knows?
  • abmoraz
    mutimloh wrote:
    Still not working for me. Latest reply from CS asked me if I am playing on Wifi or 3G/4G... AGAIN!!!

Here is a screencap of my response to them sending the same canned "form response" over and over:
    snapshot2.png
  • mutimloh
    mutimloh Posts: 25
    abmoraz wrote:
    mutimloh wrote:

Here is a screencap of my response to them sending the same canned "form response" over and over:
    snapshot2.png

Haha. I sent a relatively long feedback message in-app right before about my terrible LT pulls and that they should consider having non-luck based progression as it is extremely frustrating for players like me on the lower end of the bell curve. The first reply I got was "token pulls are random, sorry". Which was exactly the point of my email and how it was frustrating. I replied something along those lines and got the exact same copy and paste reply the second time around. Thanks for taking note of my feedback? I was kind of excited to try out the new 4* pvp... I guess not.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 4 update. No response from CS for two days. Game didn't work when I woke up this morning.

BUT

I just tried it now since the daily patch went out and it seems to be working. Not That I'd know that by hearing it from CS.
  • abmoraz
    Day 4 update. No response from CS for two days. Game didn't work when I woke up this morning.

BUT

I just tried it now since the daily patch went out and it seems to be working. Not That I'd know that by hearing it from CS.

After reading your post, I tried to open the game to get the update, and it opened (albeit it VERY slowly). I never got a prompt to update. I checked the Google Play Store and it doesn't have an update for me either.

Looks like it just started working.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I am seeing similar issues on my Galaxy S7, also running 6.0.1 . New device, tutorial was able to load. When I try to load my backed up game data app crashes, and crashes after trying to load on each subsequent attempt. Rebooting device, kill app has no impact. Clearing app data and repeating steps has same results.
  • Todzilla
    Todzilla Posts: 26
    Seeing same thing on lg stylo android6.0.1 as well. Done all of above still can't play. Ticket to cs about 2 hours ago. Hope i don't miss an entire pvp event that will make 10k season nearly impossible
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2016
    My experience so far:
    Send ticket to CS linking to Demiurge_Anthony's message in this thread.
    Day 1 - Get canned response including clear cache and upgrade to latest OS (lol). Reply with copy and paste of Demiurge_Anthony's message (maybe they can't click links) with highlight of CS will fix the issue for you. Answer their canned questions anyway.
    Day 2 - Get canned response including what is my OS and if i am an iOS user. Reply with please read my request again and escalate to your supervisor. Answer their additional canned questions anyway.
    Day 3 - No response.

For those who have had their issue resolved, could you list your CS ticket number? Maybe if I quote that they could look it up. Thanks.

Edit: Day 4 (plus the weekend) - Still no response BUT this morning the loading screen started ticking over and I am back in! So, I'm assuming they did something at their end. My CS ticket number is 203616 if that helps anyone.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    bender wrote:
    My experience so far:
    For those who have had their issue resolved, could you list your CS ticket number? Maybe if I quote that they could look it up. Thanks.

Problem has gone away on my Galaxy S7. It occurred this morning, so a few hours later I turned on developer options and usb debugging to look at the logcat logs using adb... and the crash didn't happen. It would be weird for that to have fixed it, I think it is more likely a back end change they made, but if you are still seeing this problem I recommend trying it.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    ...also, the FB backup option keeps unchecking itself after shutting down and reopening the game...

I just had game data (and prizes) lost from last night...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...also, the FB backup option keeps unchecking itself after shutting down and reopening the game...

I just had game data (and prizes) lost from last night...
    This is a separate issue, you should open a new thread and ticket to report it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Un-stickying this topic.