New update doesn't work on Nexus 6/Marshmarllow 6.0.1

CallTheStorm
CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
After update, game keep crashing on loading.
Removed and reinstalled, still doesn't work. It was fine on first tutorial battle but after load FB data, game crashed.
Tried on my old Nexus 4 with lollipop, no issue.

Please fix it.

Comments

• IlyaF
    IlyaF Posts: 47
    Seeing the same thing
  • IlyaF
    Happening on my Nexus 7 tablet as well (also 6.0.1)
    I am completely locked out of the game. Please fix this ASAP.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Same here. Waited until after the Thick is Thieves was over to update, good thing I did. Also have a nexus 7 tablet.
  • It crashes every time on start-up. Nothing helps. Please fix it!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Experience the same problem with my Samsung S4'mini. After I loaded my facebook save, it keep crashing after the startup screen.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    This just started happening to me this morning. Accepted update around 6pm ET last night. Played some PVP and then entered Simulator at 11pm. This morning, I went to start up the game and I get the crash on loading. Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1. Will submit ticket too.

Edit: Also of note, after posting my original post here, I received a notification from MPQ that I was defeated in Simulator. However, I am still unable to actually open the game.
  • intangible
    intangible Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    Hey all,

I was experiencing the same thing on my Nexus 6 running 6.0.1. Clearing the cache partition seems to have fixed the issue for me.

If any of you run into the same issue, here are the steps for cleaning it. (Copied from http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/01/05/android-6-0-problems-fixes/)

As Jaime Madrox noted, this should be done with the phone powered off
    • Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
    • At this point, you should see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
    • Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Power button.
    • You should see an android on his back with its chest open showing red triangle and exclamation mark.
    • While holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once then release the Power button.
    • You should now see a list of items at top of screen.
    • Tap Volume Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition is highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate the process.
    • A status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient because this can take 10-15 minutes to complete. (note: mine took just a few seconds)When done restart the Nexus.

Edit: Added some additional info in bold
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

I was experiencing the same thing on my Nexus 6 running 6.0.1. Clearing the cache partition seems to have fixed the issue for me.

If any of you run into the same issue, here are the steps for cleaning it. (Copied from http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/01/05/android-6-0-problems-fixes/)
    • Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
    • Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Power button.
    • You should see an android on his back with its chest open showing red triangle and exclamation mark.
    • While holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once then release the Power button.
    • Tap Volume Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition is highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate the process.
    • A status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient because this can take 10-15 minutes to complete. When done restart the Nexus.
    Worth noting that this needs to be done from a power off state.

Wiping my cache on my Nexus 6P took all of 2 seconds.

This didn't fix my issue.
  • Just adding my voice to those experiencing the same problem. I have a Nexus 5X and MPQ does not get past the loading screen since the last Android security update. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • madsalad
    intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

• A status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient because this can take 10-15 minutes to complete. When done restart the Nexus.
    Worth noting that this needs to be done from a power off state.

Wiping my cache on my Nexus 6P took all of 2 seconds.

This didn't fix my issue.

Nor mine on the older Nexus 6.
  • intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

• A status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient because this can take 10-15 minutes to complete. (note: mine took just a few seconds)When done restart the Nexus.

I should have also noted that I uninstalled and reinstalled MPQ.
  • madsalad
    intangible wrote:
    intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

So, I uninstalled the app, cleared cache, reinstalled, opened and the game opened fine. played the first part of the tutorial. After that I tried to link to my saved FB game info and THATs when it tried to reload and crashed. I hope to go there is not something wrong with my FB game data.
  • I had the same exact problem and prayed it wasn't my FB save data. I'm not sure why clearing the cache partition worked for me and not you. While it wasn't working on my Nexus, I did load it up on my Windows 10 computer using the AndyDroid emulator and it loaded my FB save with no trouble. After I knew that my FB save was OK, I cleared the cache partition.

I have no idea what actually fixed the problem because I just threw a whole bunch of stuff at the problem. Something eventually fixed it. If I think of anything else I tried, I will post it here. Good Luck everyone.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    intangible wrote:
    intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

So, I uninstalled the app, cleared cache, reinstalled, opened and the game opened fine. played the first part of the tutorial. After that I tried to link to my saved FB game info and THATs when it tried to reload and crashed. I hope to go there is not something wrong with my FB game data.
    Same.
  • madsalad
    It's a good thing I wasn't pushing for the 1k progression goal in Websliger to get my ever-elusive last black XFW cover I need. That I've needed sice pre-nerf. Sure is lucky I wasn't trying for that...

/sarcasm
  • CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    intangible wrote:
    Hey all,

I even cannot find erase or wipe option on 6.0.1....
    I thought I did once before but not on this version.
    Options are
    START
    RESTART BOOTLOADER
    RECOVERY MODE
    POWER OFF
    FACTRY MODE
    BARCODES
    BP TOOLS
    QCOM
    BOOTLOADER LOGS
  • IlyaF
    That they are at least aware that the latest update makes the game fail to start on Android 6.0.1, that people are locked out of the game. Are you working on it? Any ETA for the fix?

More info here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41318
  • You want RECOVERY MODE
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hello everyone,

We believe we have discovered the root cause of this issue. Android 6.0.1 appears to be managing memory differently than other versions of Android and it is causing the crashes for some players. This fix requires a code fix, but in the time being we can apply a work around for you.

If you are experiencing this crash, please write in CS saying that you are experiencing the crash on Android 6.0.1 and we will fix the issue for you.
  • madsalad
    Email sent. We shall see.