Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Mr. Fantastic

Options
13»

Comments

658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Got it on the first try but was extremely lucky. Lvl 175 535 Mr. F. Boosted blue/purp, green/black, and all. Got imaginaut off in three moves and was able to keep imaginaut tiles out the entire match. Also had six protect tiles survive. Doom matched one late which really helped. Last time I tried this one 22 times with a lvl 134 Mr. F, and couldn't clear. Leveling him to 175 let me eat one small Doom purple, and get lucky otherwise (took about ten more tries). Same thing happened here. Ate a purple and a he got black off after all my protects were out, so it took thr bite off.

Other than leveling him way up, this one is clearly about just getting lucky. Last time, a guy in my alliance had a 270 MrF and it still took him 15 tries. The FF synergy thing is an obvious fail, and scrapping would have no consequence. At minimum they should rework him so imaginaut is powered by his own colors.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    8 tries. Leveled my 454 Mr. F up 60 levels(to 190) along the way.

Very frustrating fight.
  • Danman2008
    Options
    Second try, Lv 118, 5/2/3. Got a blue fantastic...
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 8 tries and a lots of luck to beat Doom with a level 125 5/3/5 Mr.Failtastic. And of course the token yielded a non-champed hero, nor one I'll ever champ probably, Ant-Man.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Iso is so needed in this game, so ya, mr. not so Fantastic will stay at lvl 70 for me.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Mr Fantastic is 3/5/3 level 185 and I beat Doom with 136 health left. The LT gave me a green Phoenix, bringing her to 1/1/2!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it on my 11th try with my 160 2/4/4. Was down to just 2 20% all match boosts left and those plus 2 50% boosts on G/B and U/B got me there.

LT got me a icon_jeangrey.png for another champion level.

This is a horrible match-up.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've tried twice with my 2/1/5 Mr. F knowing that basically this comes down to the purest of luck. Needless to say I failed both. I will only be playing this match when Mr. F heals up naturally or if I'm at 10 full health packs and no one else to spend them on. Putting almost NO effort into this one. Not worth the stress.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My level 150 3/5/5 Reed beat him on the 3rd try. Boosted blue and all match damage. Lucky cascades and match 5's kept him at bay and he never got his purple off. The fight before that I was at 5k health, he had 1k, and just got enough purple to wipe me out. Got a mini cascade and....~50 health left. tiny f'ing kitties. I died his next turn
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gave it 3 tries with a 4/5/2 level 169. Unless I get lucky on cascades, my bonus black damage is not enough for now.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did 15 tries now. 3/5/5 lvl 167, no matter what i do, eventually Doom will fire a power and that usually is game over. Purple is a oneshot, Black kills in 3-4 turns and Blue equals Black. No matter what the winners might think, this fight is pure luck.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was able to beat Doom after 8 tries with my lvl 147 4/1/4 Mr. F; had a very favorable board because I pulled off 4 match-5's in a row; both times Doom used his blue, there were so few blue tiles free that no black matches resulted. When his purple went off it knocked me down from 6k to 2k health but he then healed me by matching 4 of my shield tiles in the turns afterwards. Glad I was able to pull it off finally
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    25 tries now with 3/4/4 150. It's inconceivable to me that's not possible, but Doom doesn't fail to get lucky every game. I would keep trying, but I realised that when I eventually win, if I open an IW, the subsequent rage would kill me.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Mr. F is 2/1/2. Didn't get anywhere on the first try. Gave up.

I assume that Mr. F and IW are intentionally terrible because Disney/Marvel wants the F4 films to fail. Doesn't explain why Thing and HT are pretty decent...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 150 2/5/5 failed to get Doom under 10000 first 3 times. I wasn't going to bother wasting health packs on him when I can waste them in Enema of the State, but thought, one more time.

So, I boosted Blue/Purple, rainbow, and 100% match damage, and won with 44 HP left. Got a Venom green from the token.

Wolveroach's level 90 2/0/2 won't be trying.
  • Qwertylot
    Qwertylot Posts: 30
    Options
    I got him on my third try with my level 150 5/2/1. Boosted: 2 all colors, 2 bp, and 5 red/yellow match damage.

It was the best board I've had for anything in a while. I was quite pleased.

Screenshot_2016-03-18-21-42-15_resized_1.png

A needed purpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.png for my trouble.
  • burrich
    burrich Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat him on about my 25th try. I think it can be done with some patience and a ridiculous attention to board patterns. I do not have the optimal blue or black powers. I wasn't healed once by Doom matching my special tiles.

I have a 3/5/4 at Lvl 170.
    Boosted damage to all and black and purple 50%

Basic priority is to deny purple at all costs.
    I then saved blue up and waited until there were a number of pink matches on the board. I stunned him and cleaned up all the pink.
    Then it comes down to getting black and looking for yellow matches, and then green and red. But still taking out any pink matches that come up.

I found it was essential not to match at the bottom of the board if there were a number of pinks sitting at the top. Too often I would match at the bottom and then set up pink matches for him.

This method does require luck and spending some HP on Boost Alls and just accepting that you will need to lose a number of times before getting lucky.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy **** I was almost ready to give up on this. My 1/4/5 level 145 Mr Fantastic managed to do it with 15 mins to go, +50% b/p +50% g/b +2 b/p AP.

This is definitely a match that requires a good board.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    had tried probably 8 times throughout the day. had gotten him down to a few thousand a couple of times, but none were close. was finished with pvp and pve and ready to go to sleep but thought I'd try one with all damage boosts before I called it quits...
    IMG_3318_zpswhrghcbj.png
    edit: forgot to include - 3/5/5 level 145 +all damagex5, I forget the rest of the boosts, 2 of the 3 of (can't remember): +2ap blue/purple x2, +2ap black/green x2, +damage blue/purple x5.