Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Mr. Fantastic

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
The last time this ran, mine was 1/0/2. This time around, he's 1/0/5. My taco vault has another black cover. Things (heh.) are not looking good for me. This'll be my first failure this cycle. Woo!

Previous Runs
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Mr. Fantastic (12/04/15)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My phone was on service last time, so I didn't play it. My Reed is 5/3/4 level 188 though, so I hope he'll be up for it.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine is 2/1/2 this time, lvl 78. Unless they switch up the opponent, I see myself skipping this one.
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Unless they switch up the opponent, I see myself skipping this one.

I think that's they key point in this one, unless they give us a lower level Doom or an easier foe then I'm not going to waste iso leveling Fantastic to face another bloodbath!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if it's the same, it basically requires 4 or 5 in blue iirc. I still think my 3/5/5 level 145 doesn't stand a chance.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was saving up some ISO to at least get my 2/4/4 up to 140ish to give it a shot and then I got my 12th iceman cover yesterday. Can you guess who is getting the ISO?

This will be my second loss this cycle and I can live with that since the other one was icon_starlord.png
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4/4/5 Mr. F is still at lvl 70. It's sad that I have to think that maybe he might have enough covers to win when he's cover-maxed.

Really don't want to put any iso into this battle if it remains the same as it was. Really, even changing the opponent to Black Panther would be easier. (and it is not lost on me that the champ reward for BP is a Mr. F).
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/4/4 120 Mr Fantastic. Should I bother leveling him up for this? Been hearing how blue is the key, but I wonder if black, which will deal 400 extra damage per red/green/yellow match, and yellow, healing 1534 per special tile, will help? It will be bad if it is against Doom though. Denying opposite colours is hard.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    1/4/4 120 Mr Fantastic.

I saw people with builds like that on the leader boards last time. It would basically require getting an insane cascade after casting black, either through luck or careful setup. You could get it the first try, or you could end up spending the whole day on it. I decided with the Facap fight that a single Legendary token isn't worth more than about 30 minutes of that kind of frustration. Its these sorts of fights where I have to remind myself this is a game.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My "Mr. Fantastic" is 4/2/4 level 78, I don't expect to try it more than once if it is Doom again.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:
    1/4/4 120 Mr Fantastic.

I saw people with builds like that on the leader boards last time.

Thanks! This is exactly the motivation I need!
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/3 lvl111 right now. Debating dumping the 50k ISO to get him to 168, but without 4 or 5 blue...could really use that on another toon if this one has no chance at getting the token.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    don't waste the ISO on this i had a 234 Fantastic which i brought up to 150, feeling pretty confident. Never got close once.

The entire point is to get blue and spam that, then hope you get a mega cascade with black out. Doom can usually once shot you with Pink.... biggest waste of ISO ever.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't too bad with my 5/3/4 level 188 Reed. Took a few tries, but the blue+black combo eventually brought Doom down. Probably wouldn't have lasted much longer, but still... A high level blue is probably essential for this one, since protect tiles also help a bunch.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    quick couple of attempts at 170 3/2/5. First one ended in about 4 turns as he hit purple every time. Second one was going well and had him at about 6k, had also recovered from a single trap diabolical plot back up to about 6k health, but in both fights I only got Imaginaut out once and it was matched straight away. The right board would probably do it, but I just can't hit black!
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First time round my Mr F was 2/1/2 lvl 111, this time he is 2/2/4, tried it once at lvl 111, got no where, leveled him up to 130 but still not even close,
    I am not sure that this is worth the iso, health packs and boosts, every round seems to be pink/black cascades for doom and then its all over.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beaten doom with my level 170 5/3/5 reed on my first try.

I managed to get a monster cascade when my imaginut is out, and I took his 7000 hp within a single turn. Luck I me.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Would I be better with a 5/4/4 (I sold the one I got from BP's champion reward)? probably not.

4 black will be better simply because your black does more dmg. Yellow is basically useless in this 1v1 since you only have your blue protect tile that you can use to heal.

Having say that, even with 4 black it will still be difficult.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    7 attempts to victory 5/3/5 Reed
    6 @100
    1 @120
    +2 ap black/green, +2 ap blue/purple, +2 ap all

Lucky board let me get Doom stunned and my black on, some off color cascade action for black Doom eventually used black, purple which crippled but didn't kill me. Doom went down a couple turns later

LT icon_miles.png purple making him 5/3/5
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    200 5/3/5

100% match damage
    2 b/p
    2 g/bk

1660 health left.

Ate a diabolical plot that took off 7k health. So either deny purple, or let him get a bunch early when there aren't a lot of traps, so he can trigger it sooner, dealing less damage. When I had around 3k health left, thought I was a goner, but got another blue off, which allowed me to feed imaginaut more to down him

GG black from the LL LT. Worth it. First GG.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 5/5/0 Cho, he should be able to run his DDQ turn much easier.
    My 3/3/5 FalCap (level 172) ran his DDQ pretty easily.

I have a 4/4/4 MrF at level 172. I don't think it would have mattered if he was 5/5/5 at that level. I had never used him before today (last time he had many fewer covers) - and now I'm quite willing to call him THE WORST 4* IN EXISTENCE.

It honestly wouldn't matter if you could be 5/5/5 - your abilities are basically irrelevant. I did max boost damage (+100% all matching, and +50% U/Purple and Black) to try to drop doom as fast as possible.

I did it on the sixth try. From 20 all match damage boosts, down to zero! I only did it with a lucky board finally, and Doom not magically cascading purples from the top of the board. I only did it when Doom finally did not fire any abilities.

If doom gets a late purple off - you'll die (probably any purple)
    If doom gets a black off and three turns elapse - you'll die.

So you -must- focus on those two colors...which means your best ability (blue) is a distant third, and Doom will be able to eventually (if he gets his third color) make the blues into black and fire that ability anyway.

I WOULD URGE D3 TO MAKE DOOM LEVEL 220 - like you did with Hulk vs. RHulk
    I WOULD URGE D3 TO BUFF MR. FANTASTIC - he is just the worst.
    I WOULD URGE D3 TO MAKE WORST vs. WORST IN THE MEANTIME - Put MrF up against his FF counterpart, bagman.