Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Mr. Fantastic

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    12 tries with 150 3/4/4. No dice, even though the last two times I boosted all damage x100% and purple/blue and green/black damage by 50%. I can almost see the game performing a little operation at the beginning of the game reducing blue tiles by 300% and increasing purple tiles by that much. It's uncanny how, no matter how much I spent the game denying purple, he always gets a "lucky" rain of free purple matches.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    On public demand: the long awaited rematch of Mr. Failtastic vs Dr. Doom is finally here!
    The lowest winning percentage of any Clash of titans.
    Finally you have a place to use all those pesky Health packs and match damage buffs!
    Don't forget: you're supposed to lose!
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Nailed it! 4th attempt 3/2/5, had run out of dmg boosts so gave myself 4 black and imaginauted him to death while denying purple

icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png prize, earnt!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    On public demand: the long awaited rematch of Mr. Failtastic vs Dr. Doom is finally here!
    The lowest winning percentage of any Clash of titans.
    Finally you have a place to use all those pesky Health packs and match damage buffs!
    Don't forget: you're supposed to lose!

When I saw that they haven't changed this fight, I thought okey, they want us just to stop playing their game, it is the only thing that makes sense. After the big backlash of the last time, I can't understand in what mind it makes sense to do it again.

PS: I guess I am even MORE stupid for still playing this game...
    PS: And they wonder, when they do all this surveys about recommending this game to friends, why we keep saying just to my worst enemy icon_razz.gif

Edit: I just won the fight with my 190 5/3/5 MrF and we are just 8 the ones who have completed the fight. Six of us with cover maxed MrF, one 5/2/4 and one surprisingly 150 - 2/2/4 which probably had the biggest cascade ever (with 2 blues it is just 1 turn stun!!!).

*** Admin edited to remove violent content.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Managed it on the 6th or 7th go with my level 168 1/4/5 icon_mrfantastic.png. It definitely needs a lot of luck, Doom fired his blue pretty early but it helped me get enough black for Imaginaut - Doom also managed to get his black off a couple of times but I got lucky with some cascades.

The legendary gave me blueflag.pngicon_nickfury.png to take him to 4/3/5. At least it wasn't a dupe...
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Managed to beat him on my 8th try with a 140 3-3-5 Mr F. I honestly don't remember the boosts I used, because I kept changing them to try a new strategy. I think I ultimately boosted 100% all colors, and 50% g/b with +2 all colors. Was able to finally get a black and blue heavy board in my favor. Managed to get Imaginaut out before some great cascades. Doom matched it, which healed me, and then I could cast again. Stun helped a few times to keep cascades going. Finally, Doom cast pink, but only a few traps were out so I didn't die. When he summoned demons, I was down to 783 health, and he was at 1100. My next move was a match yellow cascading into a match 4. Since Imaginaut was out, it killed him off. Cashed in the LT for...a yellow ****. :-/
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't get any covers between now and the start of this DDQ cycle, so I still have a 1/0/5 Mr. F. Bumped him up to his Level Max of 152.

Did 3 practice runs to see if it was worth using premium boosts. First run, the board was full of easy purple matches, so no matter how hard I tried to deny Doom purple, there was always enough for him to gather some. Second try, I focused on matching black first then purple. He managed to get enough blue to turn the board black, which let him make attack tiles that killed me 3 turns later. Third try, I got a black match-5, so that gave me a great head start. With the Imaginaut countdown on the board, I managed to get him down to 50%. Then he exploded his 3 trap tiles, which knocked me down to 94 health, and then he killed me with a single match.

So with that in mind, I went ahead and stated my next attempt with +100% All, +50% Black/Green, +2 Black/Green AP. Gathered enough for Imaginaut, then focused on matching Green. Didn't notice that Doom was matching blue, so when he cast Tech Strike, the board was left with black and purple tiles, many of them close to the CD tile. While I matched the black tiles away from the CD tile, Doom managed to create Attack tiles. Luckily, the next turn I got a cascade that made one crit tile, which killed him.

Got a yellow PX from the leg token, which I had to sell cause mine is already 5/2/5.

The winning streak continues!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Finished with 7 tries. Lvl 172 4/5/4 150% match damage boost

I found the most important thing was to deny purple, since it's practically insta-kill.
    Secondarily, gather black then blue...not because imaginaut is great but the demons will make for a slow painful death.
    Lastly, make the most of your 2-turn stuns by trying to setup combos, whlie still denying purple and black.

(At my level) It still requires a bit of luck, a good board, and a couple timely heals.

Good luck everyone.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time I didn't have enough covers, didn't try.

This time I deem MrF -THE WORST 4* OUT THERE-. Why isn't he against the worst 2* out there, his "team-mate" bag-man?

Ran DDQ easily with 12 cover Falcap. I expect to run DDQ with 5/5/0 Cho decently enough. But 4/4/4 MrF (level 172) took me six tries, all of my +100% damage boosts, and finally I got a lucky board and was able to prevent Doom from firing any abilities. At all. If doom fires anything, once, you are basically dead.

I had never played him before today. I quickly realized it was essentially a match-damage only matchup, he is just -THE WORST-.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:

This time I deem MrF -THE WORST 4* OUT THERE-. Why isn't he against the worst 2* out there, his "team-mate" bag-man?

Ran DDQ easily with 12 cover Falcap. I expect to run DDQ with 5/5/0 Cho decently enough. But 4/4/4 MrF (level 172) took me six tries, all of my +100% damage boosts, and finally I got a lucky board and was able to prevent Doom from firing any abilities. At all. If doom fires anything, once, you are basically dead.

I had never played him before today. I quickly realized it was essentially a match-damage only matchup, he is just -THE WORST-.
    He probably is the worst in a one-on-one situation. So why they decided to match him against Doom is utterly mystifying. I mean, yeah, yeah, thematic and all, but it makes for a really bad game experience.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 5/2/3. Unhappily dumped some iso into him to bring him to 165. The first two attempts were pitiful failures. The third attempt I had such a lucky board, with multiple match-fives in a row, I ended up with enough blue to stun him twice. But didn't need to, because he was already down to 500 health (boosted 100% match damage). So it IS possible. . . if you're insanely lucky.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 130, 5/3/5, +2b/p, +2b/g, +2 rainbow.

Barely lost the first 2.
    Super lost the third.
    Super WON the fourth!

Reward: Ant-man Purple - now cover maxed. Woot!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

He probably is the worst in a one-on-one situation. So why they decided to match him against Doom is utterly mystifying. I mean, yeah, yeah, thematic and all, but it makes for a really bad game experience.

You can pair him against Doom, but not a 270 Doom. Just do it against a 220 (or less) Doom and things wouldn't be as bad...

I think the problem here is that Devs don't admit that some 4s like MrF, Chulk, etc. are completely garbage.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:

This time I deem MrF -THE WORST 4* OUT THERE-. Why isn't he against the worst 2* out there, his "team-mate" bag-man?.

He has his uses but he's 100% support. His yellow is useless in this fight, his stun is short (especially if you lucked into 3/5/5 like i did) and if you want to do damage with his black you'll leave blue/black/purple to Doom and if he fires any one power it usually means you lose. This should be a fight against a weak red/green/yellow user instead and it would still be a pain. As is, it's pure luck because the gap between them is so big, no strategy will make you win.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to clear this after 4 or 5 goes. Extra Black and Blue . 5/5/1 Level 165. 8k ish health.

On my first run I was pleasantly surprised that I was doing ok. I wasn’t expecting to be anywhere near doing this and was just trying once to annoy myself more as I wasn’t annoyed enough with the new event. I had him at 3k I was on 8k health after a heal. My god! I thought ill do this first time. Then he got a purple cascade and one shotted me. Right…..

Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 more times till in the end I managed to get more blues in then previously and stun him to death. I was very lucky tbh. I think if I had 5 in Imanginaught ( sp ) then it would have been so much easier.

Good luck

Oh I won a black xf, luckily I have him champed otherwise I would of cried
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I poured a bunch of ISO into my 3/4/5 100 Reed I could maaaaaaybe eke out a win with very favorable cascades. I'm not going to because I'm saving that ISO for Iceman, who is actually a good character. This matchup is horrifically imbalanced because it forces you to prioritize every color, Mr. Fantastic is garbage even in the best of matchups (i.e. Carnage), and the fact that it's being re-run with no changes is so dumb it's almost funny.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was awful, but I did it. You really need to deny purple, which is frustrating because that color doesn't do anything for you.

It took around 6 tries, and I had to level him up to 173-ish, and he's at 4/4/4 covers. Usually I can win with a highly covered character at around lv 125-145, but nope, not with this guy.

The purple basically killed me from full health every time. Oh well, I'm relieved that it will be months before I need to use him again, and now he's leveled up enough to win.

Now to start leveling up my next under-leveled characters for upcoming 4* ddqs... iceman, x23, gr, presumably TAH, miles, gwen, Nova (still under-covered), quake (hopefully they skip her this time), venom (few covers)... so we'll see. My rhulk and cyc may be good enough as is without further leveling needed.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    120 4/5/4 got it on the 3rd try with 100% all and 50% b/p

It's all about getting a board with either no purple or purple that can be matched by you instead of doom. I had one where he cascaded into purple on turn 2, so he could cast it on turn 3. Thought I'd be ok, because how many traps could he even have out by that time? Nope. Dead.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Guess I was extreamly lucky as Ive done it with my lvl 151 334 mrf on a 2nd try icon_e_smile.gif board was starving in his colors, Ive managed to control them for whole fight. At some point he got lucy cascade that gave him enough purple mana. Imagine my suprise when I survived it with ~180hp! After that Ive keept matching for few more turns and it was over (4 protect tiles neglected his match dmg). Ive used 100% match buff, 50 gb and 50 bp icon_e_smile.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took 3 tries at level 168, which is the level I've kept him at since the last round. At 4/4/5 now though. Don't remember what covers I had last time, but I remember barely getting by.