Elite Tournament Mar 2 - Mar 3

Options

Comments

• Do you get Black panther and Psylocke if you are numbers 1-3 ? Oh and DD.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah I couldn't find anyone who was unshielded. I kept panicking that I would be attacked so I shielded early. Wish I had done one more fight.

Try as I might, I could not find you on your way up at all. icon_cry.gif
  • morphy wrote:
    :twisted:
    morphy wrote:
    Okay - so i made it to the top 30 and I'm stuck. Have been in MMR hell for the last hour. I must have spent 1000 ISO skipping and trying to get an opponent worth more than 10 points,and I keep getting the same darn players... blah.

Calling it a day.

That far up in the ranks the only way you are gonna get too good if match ups is to specifically wait for someone above you to unshield, especially in a non-bracketed event. Once you see someone in top 10 unshield it shouldn't take more than 10-15 skips to find em. Not usually at least.

Yeah that was what I was trying to do. I burnt through 1000 ISO skipping like gangbusters the moment someone unshielded but no cigar.....

Yeah I should have known you knew the routine. Skip tax makes those few fruitless occasions quite frustrating. Haha! All in all the +30 bonus has been great though if you think about it collectively.

They should make the Elite Tournament like competitive sports competitions. No skipping! You don't hear a tennis player go "Oh, I'm matched against Federer? Skip please! Here is my 10 ISO"
  • Nemek wrote:
    morphy wrote:
    Okay - so i made it to the top 30 and I'm stuck. Have been in MMR hell for the last hour. I must have spent 1000 ISO skipping and trying to get an opponent worth more than 10 points,and I keep getting the same darn players... blah.

Calling it a day.

I think it's more that there doesn't seem to be almost anybody unshielding in the top 15 or so. Kevindlu tried making a couple of pushes and I thankfully got him a couple of times, but other than that...it's pretty dry.

Jose has been outplaying me all day... I'd make a run at first if it wasn't for all the +0 (45)s every 30 secs... How many people can possibly have you queued up from a shield break 30 mins ago?
  • Nemek wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah I couldn't find anyone who was unshielded. I kept panicking that I would be attacked so I shielded early. Wish I had done one more fight.

Try as I might, I could not find you on your way up at all. icon_cry.gif

I was softly caressing you in the top 30. When you made your move I realized I had to make mine.

Could be because I've been tanking Predator and Prey all day. I got up to about 250 and put in a team of 15 BP/7 Bagman/20 Hawkeye. Currently have 194 points and I've dropped to rank 95 (I've only gotten hit for -3 to -5 each time).
  • Nemek
    Options
    Kevindlu keeps on trying...but isn't making it very far icon_e_sad.gif .
  • Poor guy should save his HP. He can't make up 200 tourney points in half an hour.
  • Nemek check out fragile279's roster. Right underneath us. That kind of roster always seems sketchy.

His BP alone would have cost him 8750 HP and however much ISO.
  • Nemek
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Nemek check out fragile279's roster. Right underneath us. That kind of roster always seems sketchy.

Yeah, sketchy, but I think many people would be surprised by how much some players spend. Either way, the devs have shown that people who cheat with infinite HP/ISO get banned fairly quickly, so I don't tend to worry about it.
  • jozier wrote:
    Nemek check out fragile279's roster. Right underneath us. That kind of roster always seems sketchy.

I fought him 3-4 times during the day. He was running Sue Storm and I'm fairly sure that his IW jumped from around 150 to 230 between the first and last time I hit him.
  • jozier wrote:

I fought him 3-4 times during the day. He was running Sue Storm and I'm fairly sure that his IW jumped from around 150 to 230 between the first and last time I hit him.

He hit me once. Big mistake because I was 200 points below him at the time. He had a full maxed roster by then.
  • Yay, top 30. Spent 300 entry and bought two 3 hour shields. Made 50 HP.

Had 3 tokens + one from the Predator and Prey tourney.

M Hawkeye, Ares, Moonstone, Loki.
  • Nemek
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Yay, top 30. Spent 300 entry and bought two 3 hour shields. Made 50 HP.

I unfortunately had to use a third 3 hour shield for me, so down 25 HP...but still worth it for the 10K ISO.

Congrats to the winners! Good job Brady/AsianInvasion!
  • I joined a couple hours ago and without much effort I'm sitting in #12 with #3&5 Q'd up for 40+ each. Took about what would have been 150 in losses with 10 minutes after shielding. I'm hoping for an easy top 30 or hopefully a top 10.

It looked like you made top 10! Congrats! Lots of people hopping in and out of top 10 in the last minute of the tourney!
  • Nemek wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I unfortunately had to use a third 3 hour shield for me, so down 25 HP...but still worth it for the 10K ISO.

Congrats to the winners! Good job Brady/AsianInvasion!

Made top 10. 4x 3 hour shields and 1x 8 hour shield. Not bad at all.
    Down
  • jozier wrote:

Yay! Way to go! Where is your victory iso going? BP?
  • jozier wrote:

My BP is cover-capped. I maintain a pretty big float for tourney situations. And I spread my ISO around which means unfortunately my roster is strong but not elite.

These are my current top guys, and I'm undecided who to pump ISO into next:

IM40 121
    C Mag 108
    Spidey 100
    Patch 100
    Psylocke 100
    BWGS 90
    Punisher 90

Then a bunch of maxed 2*

Then:
    Hulk 80 (missing my 5th black)
    Doom 75
    Hood 70
  • jozier wrote:
    jozier wrote:

My BP is cover-capped. I maintain a pretty big float for tourney situations. And I spread my ISO around which means unfortunately my roster is strong but not elite.

These are my current top guys, and I'm undecided who to pump ISO into next:

IM40 121
    C Mag 108
    Spidey 100
    Patch 100
    Psylocke 100
    BWGS 90
    Punisher 90

Then a bunch of maxed 2*

Then:
    Hulk 80 (missing my 5th black)
    Doom 75
    Hood 70

Rags 115
    Hood 110
    Doom 105
    Punisher 102
    Mags 102
    Hulk 102
    Spidey 90
    Im40 65
    Patch 60
    BWGS 60
    Loki 40

Debating putting my 20k into patch or punisher.
  • So who won?
  • Hey hey, when I checked at 11:55pm I was around 168 in this tourney, I played a match and I know someone else challenged me during that, but after the match I immediately got my prize saying I was in the top 400. Wha? I thought there was a bracket of 100-200, with 100 hero points and 2k iso. I couldn't have dropped down THAT much in five minutes. Although the rankings did move faster than any other tourney I've been in, I guess due to volume. I tried to put in a ticket but the email client isn't working right now. Has this happened to anyone else?