Elite Tournament Mar 2 - Mar 3

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    As people join, could they possibly post where they're ranked so we can get an idea of how big the pool is? Since I suspect the pool for this will shrink over time (as in from event to event), I might actually join in the future when it's small enough for me to get a return on my investment.

Given that, people should be encouraged to tell you that 2 million people are in the tournament to discourage you from ever joining!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    As people join, could they possibly post where they're ranked so we can get an idea of how big the pool is? Since I suspect the pool for this will shrink over time (as in from event to event), I might actually join in the future when it's small enough for me to get a return on my investment.

I think I counted about 1.8m or so when I started.
  • Paying bounties for JoseMartin, Nestling, and doombot6...

I never should've gotten involved in top 3 race...
  • I just joined up for something to do and I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Jose on top again. wow. Just WOW.
  • I think there should be specific Elite Covers for the winners of this tourney now that cover resell has changed. 3* & 4* cover along with the chance of HP. Just a thought.
  • They need to up the HP awarded for 4th place... no man should have to suffer the indignity of coming up just short and burning through an ungodly amount of HP. I would even go so far as to give more HP to 4th place than 3rd place.
  • I think Nestling got booted. Had nice cushy lead in 1st, then poof.

Looks like me Jose and doombot are getting a free ride to top3.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the heck, the point values for this tournament seem absurdly low. If my MMR wasn't so high right now and I didn't have stuff due tomorrow, I'd consider joining this for the seemingly free 10k iso...

Looks like it. Lol

His roster was ridiculous and I saw him make crazy jumps up the ladder several times. Wasn't surprised to see him disappear. All you have to do now is.... nothing! Glad to see you in line for a Top 3!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think I was somewhere near ~3500 after completing my first match today. Literally at exactly #100 right now with 362. Seems like a much lighter event overall. Things will pick up later, and there's not much separation at the top, but so far it doesn't look too hard to recoup entry fees.

:/
    This post made me join with 3 hours left on the clock
    at 350ish points and some terrible cascade luck (I lost to a 85 ares/hood/obw **** icon_e_sad.gif )
    I'm gonna be lucky if I end this tournament with 50 hp
    QQ

hullo Captain Americas here I come
  • Wow check out fragile279's roster.

Every hero, all maxed. Including IW, BP and X Force

I was happy to see Nestling put in the sandbox so quickly. Good luck to the rest of you!
  • jozier wrote:
    Wow check out fragile279's roster.

Every hero, all maxed. Including IW, BP and X Force

Looks like a new trend.
  • Okay - so i made it to the top 30 and I'm stuck. Have been in MMR hell for the last hour. I must have spent 1000 ISO skipping and trying to get an opponent worth more than 10 points,and I keep getting the same darn players... blah.

Calling it a day.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    morphy wrote:
    Okay - so i made it to the top 30 and I'm stuck. Have been in MMR hell for the last hour. I must have spent 1000 ISO skipping and trying to get an opponent worth more than 10 points,and I keep getting the same darn players... blah.

Calling it a day.

I think it's more that there doesn't seem to be almost anybody unshielding in the top 15 or so. Kevindlu tried making a couple of pushes and I thankfully got him a couple of times, but other than that...it's pretty dry.
  • icon_twisted.gif
    morphy wrote:
    Okay - so i made it to the top 30 and I'm stuck. Have been in MMR hell for the last hour. I must have spent 1000 ISO skipping and trying to get an opponent worth more than 10 points,and I keep getting the same darn players... blah.

Calling it a day.

That far up in the ranks the only way you are gonna get too good if match ups is to specifically wait for someone above you to unshield, especially in a non-bracketed event. Once you see someone in top 10 unshield it shouldn't take more than 10-15 skips to find em. Not usually at least.
  • :twisted:
    morphy wrote:

Calling it a day.

That far up in the ranks the only way you are gonna get too good if match ups is to specifically wait for someone above you to unshield, especially in a non-bracketed event. Once you see someone in top 10 unshield it shouldn't take more than 10-15 skips to find em. Not usually at least.

Yeah that was what I was trying to do. I burnt through 1000 ISO skipping like gangbusters the moment someone unshielded but no cigar.....
  • morphy wrote:
    :twisted:
    morphy wrote:

Calling it a day.

Yeah that was what I was trying to do. I burnt through 1000 ISO skipping like gangbusters the moment someone unshielded but no cigar.....

Yeah I should have known you knew the routine. Skip tax makes those few fruitless occasions quite frustrating. Haha! All in all the +30 bonus has been great though if you think about it collectively.
  • Yeah I couldn't find anyone who was unshielded. I kept panicking that I would be attacked so I shielded early. Wish I had done one more fight.