Season 25 shield sim 4* cover is spider-gwen yellow. .

Options
13»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Don't extrapolate your experience to the entire player base.

Aren't you doing exactly that stoch? When did you have that soft cap? Unless it was up through yesterday, why is your prior experience more illuminating than mine?

My broad experience is that the last few matches in shield sim are of similar difficulty to the last few matches in regular events. Maybe a bit easier in that I can choose my best team, and a bit harder in that the climb is a bit longer. Sluggo suggested that the shield sim was a good alternative source of covers for those who couldn't hit 1k in pvp. And it seems to me that if 2k in the the sim is a realitlstiv possibility for a given roster, than the same roster could probably get to 1k in any given event (barring extremely bad weekly boosted luck).

Respectfully, I very much disagree. My experience the last 3 seasons is that it was fairly trivial for me to reach 2K in Sim. Depending on when I make my final push for 2K, I certainly get hit, but there are plenty of beatable targets that I can overcome with very high confidence. I certainly get hit after I pass 2k, but once I get the reward I generally don't care & don't shield (unless I'm on the border of the next higher overall season placement).

By contrast, getting to 1k in ANY PVP is almost impossible for me. Even with shielding, finding targets that I can actually beat with my 3* and a few non-maxxed 4* roster is very challenging, and the number of hits I take if I try to make a push for 1k keeps me out of that reward tier. I'm lucky to get to 1k in PVP even once during an entire season - last season I didn't get there even once (so much for championing....).

I am going to have to agree with captain freaky that it is easier to hit 2k in the sim then it is 1k in PVP. PVP has a lot more players playing at the same time. You have 24 days to hit 2k in the sim and if you climb in the middle or even closer to the end he road can be fairly easy because you won't get attacked so much. My wife plays and has a solid 3* roster with a couple 4* getting to 220. She can hit 2k each season in sim but really struggles with hitting 1k in PVP.
    For 1k in PVP 3* teams need to learn how to shield hop and find the right targets. Also 3* teams are easy targets for 4* teams and 3* teams will attack them since they would prefer to face 3* over 4*. Shield hopping can be stressful for some people, and really fun for others. Hitting 1k in PVP is something you really have to learn how to do, and plan out how you will do it. 2k in sim is making sure you progress throughout the season and making a push 2-3 days before the end of the season when a lot of players are no playing the sim.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    What I think they should do, as a season reward for 2k, is a new "choose your own 4* cover" token. I don't mind if it excluded the most recent 4* or two, and it would be good if it included icon_devildino.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif.

A once-per-season wild card you could put anywhere? Droooooooool.

spongebob_9f4724_2126340.jpg?w=676
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Yellow is TRASH TIER, right?

Well, as luck would have it, GUESS WHAT'S THE ONE 4* COVER I'VE PULLED IN MONTHS??????
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    No complaints here. Stuck at 0/3/0, so need this cover.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man I disagree completely with you, yellow was the color for the top10 so a LOT of people needs that color, basically, almost everyone. And you are wrong assuming most people would prefer a cover of a championed char before one you still need. A cover of a championed char is just the reward you get, almost not difference in strentgh for that char (you need a lot of covers to make any difference in that char), but for a new char it can be the difference from being able to use him or not.

I strongly belief that 2k in sim should always be for new chars.

On the other hand 2k in sim is so much easier than 1k in PvP. I am part of a casual alliance and there are some guys that can get to 2k in sim without problems that have never got to 1k. A good 3 team can easily get to 2k, even some 2-3 teams, bit those teams are destroyed in PvP by 4 teams. They would need a lot of shields and be super fast in each hop.

Ps: Yes, her yellow power is not very good, it is just another way of creating web tiles, but I still need it, because I think she is quite good (9k for 8-9 Ap and two turn stun for 6 is quite good).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clearly I am part of tiny minority in this topic.

I don't care about new or old in the sim; I just want good covers instead of bad. And spider-gwen yellow is almost as bad as it gets.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Well, what they really need to do with the sim (and the guantlet, and every PvP and pve event) is award more 4* covers. But that is entirely different topic in which I could be drided as an entitled whiner who just wants free stuff. . .

I still can't believe with 5 stars just roaming about some partially covered, some championed that people are still piddling about 4 stars they shouldn't even be rostering.

There definitely should be more 4 stars covers awarded since so many can barely compete against good 4 stars let alone even half competent 5 stars.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The complaining was reasonable when XFW was the cover, then they changed it to GR. Made sense because XFW was a very old character and sim should award new characters. Majority of people could probably still use the cover for leveling so not really a problem.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I think spider-gwen yellow must be at it near the top of that list.

Maybe, but it also has the best animation for any power in the game. If it did nothing at all, but play the animation, it would be worth the AP!

This is quite literally the first time I have heard someone say anything of the sort.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    What I think they should do, as a season reward for 2k, is a new "choose your own 4* cover" token. I don't mind if it excluded the most recent 4* or two, and it would be good if it included icon_devildino.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif.

A once-per-season wild card you could put anywhere? Droooooooool.

spongebob_9f4724_2126340.jpg?w=676
    this. so much this. if they hand the reigns to you every once in a while so some progress isn't luck dependent this game would be a lot better.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is quite literally the first time I have heard someone say anything of the sort.

Either you aren't reading the forum enough, or I am reading it too much then icon_lol.gif

There were a slew of comments fawning over that anim on her release.

Yes, seriously.

Weird. Guess I'm spending too much time on Line, where to my experience it is universally reviled.